Stop forcing PVP on PVE servers

Morden

Since this is still being brought up I just want to say I don't like being forced to do space missions. I mean Bioware should just give me my rep for flying between planets for goodness sakes so I can get the rep gear.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is interested, here is my final Gree tally sheet for my 8 Level 50 toons: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4vricxsprm33za/gree.jpg?m

My highest toon ended up with 42 Gray Helix Components. The key to not get burnt-out was to ignore all the dailies except for the Primary Studies/Testing one cuz that's the only one that gave GHC's, and also Xenoanalyst of course.

So over the two-week event it was not only possible, but very easy to get at least 18 GHC's.

Interesting. If you didn't do the dailies other than Primary Studies how did you rack up so many helixs?

Since this is still being brought up I just want to say I don't like being forced to do space missions. I mean Bioware should just give me my rep for flying between planets for goodness sakes so I can get the rep gear.

Heh!! I see what you did there.. :D

Seems like quite a stretch of accomplishment to get 2 Gree weapons from the Event on the first pass... for some players probably even 1 is a stretch. You're going to want to be able to earn as much of everything from the Event as possible from day 1!

Seeing as we have no clue just how long it will be until the event's next appearance I figured I'd get the weapons (or rather the components, since I still had to wait for rep) the first time around. I imagine that goes for a lot of other people as well. It could reappear in say, August and November and they'd technically be keeping their promise of it being a recurring event. That'd be a long time to wait for a sweet-looking sniper rifle and a handy legacy smuggling lightsaber.

Interesting. If you didn't do the dailies other than Primary Studies how did you rack up so many helixs?

Like I mentioned, PS/PT (aka heroic) is the only one that actually gave GHC's (just 1 though), the rest just gave daily comms and reputation items, and Xenoanalyst weekly also gave GHC's (4-8).

So, *just* doing the heroic every day would give you 14 GHC's for the entire event, then you just needed to do Xenoanalyst once in SM to get to 18, and also you got 2 GHC's for doing Gree Relays (scavenger hunt).

Parting shots are always a sign that

Like I mentioned, PS/PT (aka heroic) is the only one that actually gave GHC's (just 1 though), the rest just gave daily comms and reputation items, and Xenoanalyst weekly also gave GHC's (4-8).

So, *just* doing the heroic every day would give you 14 GHC's for the entire event, then you just needed to do Xenoanalyst once in SM to get to 18, and also you got 2 GHC's for doing Gree Relays (scavenger hunt).

But by that account you didn't have to even go near the PvP area to get far more resource rewards to purchase any thing you want from the vendors when you are able to cash in enough rep to gain the levels to do so. I guess everyone crying about being "forced" to flag for PvP if they wanted to maximise their results have been blowin smoke up everyones 4th point of contact. Thanks for putting this whole thing to rest.

I'm definitely more into PvE than PvP but I think PvE people are going overboard with whining here. You are really impossible to appease it would appear. Sorry if I reiterate information already stated, but I don't have the time to read 23 pages worth of forum posts.

1. What do those people who strictly PvE miss out on? 2 quests, 1 bonus quest, 2 rep tokens, 1 codex entry (if you're unwilling to go through the middle) and the extremely small chance to get a rare pet from the champion droid.

2. What do those people who strictly PvP miss out on? 7 quests, at least 6 rep tokens, 6 codex entries, 3 world bosses, legacy weapons, Scalene Armor, legacy titles and 1 easy-to-obtain pet.

I ventured into the PvP area twice in two weeks, once to see the quests in there, once to get the Codex entry. I was attacked a few times while questing, fought back, lost inevatibly due to being alone and wearing PvE armor but I put on a good face and still managed to finish the quests in the end. (Even killed the champion droids alone on my Scoundrel and Commando for the Gree Hyperdome bonus mission.)

Was it frustrating to be attacked by overwhelming numbers, by people from the same faction when I was inconspiciously minding my own business? Sure. But did I have a right to complain? No, I was warned that it was a FFA area but I decided to enter anyway to satisfy my curiosity.

So all in all, as PvE'r I don't feel cheated in any way. In fact, if I could have changed something, it would have been to give more PvP content to people, perhaps small faction vs faction battles in an instanced arena to keep factions balanced. The setting could have been a Gree laboratory evaluating combat performance against each other, with unique PvP rewards given to the victor.

EDIT: I concede to the OP's title on one point. Healers should be given a way to unflag themselves on PVE servers if they happen to heal PvP flagged people while questing (99% during a heroic mission). They get ganked afterwards through no fault of their own.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Very interesting and brings a whole new point to the argument dismissing many points in the process.

I for one don't care enough for the rewards to spend that much time attempting to get them. But the event was fun for my guildies and I for both the fun pvp battles all over Ilum and the PvE bosses were fun to do as well.

If anyone is interested, here is my final Gree tally sheet for my 8 Level 50 toons: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4vricxsprm33za/gree.jpg?m

My highest toon ended up with 42 Gray Helix Components. The key to not get burnt-out was to ignore all the dailies except for the Primary Studies/Testing one cuz that's the only one that gave GHC's, and also Xenoanalyst of course.

So over the two-week event it was not only possible, but very easy to get at least 18 GHC's.

This is not particularly useful data, it represents very little for the typical player - recompute the achievement if you have only 1 level 50 character, and can only find time to login half the days of the event. At that point, what are the chances that running only the PvE missions will get you no reward item, and running the PvE missions plus the PvP missions will just barely get you a reward item?

This really is about as narrow a consideration as it gets, to take data from someone who has run 8 characters through the Event missions every day for 14 days in a row. You're obligated to take into account that the Gray Helix Components are Bound, and for any character you want to be able to purchase a reward item, that specific character has to be run through the missions nearly every day, or you have no chance whatsoever of getting 18+, and even more trouble getting enough Trophies for reputation levels to unlock the purchase.

Also, depending on what time of day you're able to login for the Event, it might not be possible to find good groups for any of the Xeno/WB missions.

This is not particularly useful data, it represents very little for the typical player - recompute the achievement if you have only 1 level 50 character, and can only find time to login half the days of the event. At that point, what are the chances that running only the PvE missions will get you no reward item, and running the PvE missions plus the PvP missions will just barely get you a reward item?

This really is about as narrow a consideration as it gets, to take data from someone who has run 8 characters through the Event missions every day for 14 days in a row. You're obligated to take into account that the Gray Helix Components are Bound, and for any character you want to be able to purchase a reward item, that specific character has to be run through the missions nearly every day, or you have no chance whatsoever of getting 18+, and even more trouble getting enough Trophies for reputation levels to unlock the purchase.

Also, depending on what time of day you're able to login for the Event, it might not be possible to find good groups for any of the Xeno/WB missions.

Dude! Knock it off already. He's completely blown you out of the water. You're reaching really hard now and it's showing badly. On 8 separate characters using PvE only available options he gained far more than the minimum required resources to get what's available from the vendors. If he can do it on 8 I should think the rest of us should be able to manage easily with 1.

The event ran 2 weeks. If some players were unable to log in each day of it that's a shame. But they deserve no special consideration because of it. If you keep down that path like you are soon you'll be claiming that those who could only log in one day for 5 minutes deserve a single mission that rewards them with everything the event offers. If you insist on keeping this farce going at least put a little more thought and effort into your posts.

Dude! Knock it off already. He's completely blown you out of the water. You're reaching really hard now and it's showing badly. On 8 separate characters using PvE only available options he gained far more than the minimum required resources to get what's available from the vendors. If he can do it on 8 I should think the rest of us should be able to manage easily with 1.

The event ran 2 weeks. If some players were unable to log in each day of it that's a shame. But they deserve no special consideration because of it. If you keep down that path like you are soon you'll be claiming that those who could only log in one day for 5 minutes deserve a single mission that rewards them with everything the event offers. If you insist on keeping this farce going at least put a little more thought and effort into your posts.

Your belligerence is misplaced and your strawman post sure looks like a personal attack. And it is not I who is reaching for new arguments. No mention has even been made about how many of the Trophies are required to reach Champion level (which is the ENTIRE issue revolving around earning potential or lack thereof). The only thing proven is that it was possible to get to Champion if you have 8 characters and several hours a day for an entire 2 weeks to dedicate to the Gree Event. ONCE AGAIN, the data provided has nothing to do with the gaming scenario of an average player. The entire set of arguments of opposition to this thread have been nothing more than half gross inconsideration of other players, and the other half, ignorance of why something is being requested in the first place.

At the end of the day this last "debate" topic is pointless anyway. The request to make the entire set of daily Event missions completable without flagging for PvP is not contingent upon whether or not the achievement of Champion or 18+ components seems easy enough. Since none of your arguments are both relevant and valid, I would expect that you soon admit that it is indeed a reasonable request, and I especially expect that you are reticent to post any further "strong" objections.

The fact remains that any PvP-only Event mission will always draw the PvE-only players into PvP missions when they don't want to. And it's substantially proven that this can ruin the fun of the event for players. Luckily it is BioWare, not yourself, that needs to understand this.

It would be perfectly viable to have the [PVP] Event missions instead labeled [PVE/PVP] and those missions would have no change, only 1 added mission area outside the forced-flagged zone. There is no valid basis to object to this request ...

Your belligerence is misplaced and your strawman post sure looks like a personal attack. And it is not I who is reaching for new arguments. No mention has even been made about how many of the Trophies are required to reach Champion level (which is the ENTIRE issue revolving around earning potential or lack thereof). The only thing proven is that it was possible to get to Champion if you have 8 characters and several hours a day for an entire 2 weeks to dedicate to the Gree Event. ONCE AGAIN, the data provided has nothing to do with the gaming scenario of an average player. The entire set of arguments of opposition to this thread have been nothing more than half gross inconsideration of other players, and the other half, ignorance of why something is being requested in the first place.

You're ugly and your Momma dresses you funny. There now I have made a personal attack.

At the end of the day this last "debate" topic is pointless anyway. The request to make the entire set of daily Event missions completable without flagging for PvP is not contingent upon whether or not the achievement of Champion or 18+ components seems easy enough. Since none of your arguments are both relevant and valid, I would expect that you soon admit that it is indeed a reasonable request, and I especially expect that you are reticent to post any further "strong" objections.

If it's not about gaining Rep. or Helixs then why have you used a hypothetical players inability to get them as a continual basis for your unneeded mission changes? As they are completely unneeded I will not say otherwise and will continue to object to them.

The fact remains that any PvP-only Event mission will always draw the PvE-only players into PvP missions when they don't want to. And it's substantially proven that this can ruin the fun of the event for players. Luckily it is BioWare, not yourself, that needs to understand this.

What needs to be understood, and by you, is that the PvP missions are optional content and players may choose to do them or not. No one is forced to do them. Frankly your dishonesty in continually trying to assert that they are is amazing

It would be perfectly viable to have the [PVP] Event missions instead labeled [PVE/PVP] and those missions would have no change, only 1 added mission area outside the forced-flagged zone. There is no valid basis to object to this request ...

The fact that there is no valid need for the change you are requesting is all the valid basis needed to object.

The fact that there is no valid need for the change you are requesting is all the valid basis needed to object.

The original poster made a decision to go ahead on the [PVP] missions in the Gree Event to get a larger quantity of Trophies for the day. His experience once he did so I knew was highly probable and is exactly the reason I chose to avoid those missions. THE CONTRAST BETWEEN MY SATISFACTION WITH THE EVENT AND THE ORIGINAL POSTER'S SATISFACTION WITH THE EVENT IS UNSHAKABLE PROOF THAT THE GREE EVENT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. Nothing more needs to be said.

The logic you employ is fascinating. You claim that the strong basis of the argument that there is no need for a change to the Gree Event, is that there is no valid need for a change to the Gree Event. Here we all see the half of the argument that is based upon gross inconsideration of others... would you like next to reach for the other half of your argument, that is based upon ignorance of why something is being requested in the first place?

The Gree Event will repeat, I would predict it will be far earlier than the end of the year... probably in September when the kids are fresh in school again. Thus it's important for BioWare to plan appropriately, to get any changes they decide to make to the Gree Event, into the game by that time of this year.

The original poster made a decision to go ahead on the [PVP] missions in the Gree Event to get a larger quantity of Trophies for the day. His experience once he did so I knew was highly probable and is exactly the reason I chose to avoid those missions. THE CONTRAST BETWEEN MY SATISFACTION WITH THE EVENT AND THE ORIGINAL POSTER'S SATISFACTION WITH THE EVENT IS UNSHAKABLE PROOF THAT THE GREE EVENT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. Nothing more needs to be said.

The logic you employ is fascinating. You claim that the strong basis of the argument that there is no need for a change to the Gree Event, is that there is no valid need for a change to the Gree Event. Here we all see the half of the argument that is based upon gross inconsideration of others... would you like next to reach for the other half of your argument, that is based upon ignorance of why something is being requested in the first place?

The Gree Event will repeat, I would predict it will be far earlier than the end of the year... probably in September when the kids are fresh in school again. Thus it's important for BioWare to plan appropriately, to get any changes they decide to make to the Gree Event, into the game by that time of this year.

Really? Despite the fact that it has been shown that engaging in the PvP missions was not needed to acquire event items and rewards your still trying to say that because he did so voluntarily and didn't care for it that time and effort should be wasted making changes that aren't needed?

If you can't come up with better reasoning stop wasting your time. Its getting sad.

Really? Despite the fact that it has been shown that engaging in the PvP missions was not needed to acquire event items and rewards your still trying to say that because he did so voluntarily and didn't care for it that time and effort should be wasted making changes that aren't needed?

If you can't come up with better reasoning stop wasting your time. Its getting sad.

Much like Disneyland, it's all about the experience. How many strictly PvE-only players do you think had the same experience as either me or the Original Poster, and either:

• chose to forgo the Gree Event's [PVP] missions and had to work around the [PVP] missions listed on the terminal every day at the event, wishing there was a non-PVP way to get the full daily reward possible,
    ______________________________OR:
  • chose to take the risk of flagging for PvP (even though having a strong inclination not to do so) in order to go on the PvP missions and get the full possible daily reward, only to find that it's an experience that ruins the fun of the Event that was supposed to be enjoyable in the first place

This that you've posted is the other half of your argument, that is based upon ignorance of why something is being requested in the first place. 25 pages later... and you still don't get it? If you can't understand the basis of the need, then just change your Thread Subscription to "Do not subscribe". There is no "argument" that you can state that can't be immediately pushed over just by re-stating the obvious, that strictly PvE-only players should be given due consideration in all Events.

Much like Disneyland, it's all about the experience. How many strictly PvE-only players do you think had the same experience as either me or the Original Poster, and either:

• chose to forgo the Gree Event's [PVP] missions and had to work around the [PVP] missions listed on the terminal every day at the event, wishing there was a non-PVP way to get the full daily reward possible,
    ______________________________OR:
  • chose to take the risk of flagging for PvP (even though having a strong inclination not to do so) in order to go on the PvP missions and get the full possible daily reward, only to find that it's an experience that ruins the fun of the Event that was supposed to be enjoyable in the first place

This that you've posted is the other half of your argument, that is based upon ignorance of why something is being requested in the first place. 25 pages later... and you still don't get it? If you can't understand the basis of the need, then just change your Thread Subscription to "Do not subscribe". There is no "argument" that you can state that can't be immediately pushed over just by re-stating the obvious, that strictly PvE-only players should be given due consideration in all Events.

And despite your repeating it for the umpteenth million time, you still have not shown why strictly PvE only players need to be shown extra consideration.

Edited by SWGEvictee

And despite your repeating it for the umpteenth million time, you still have not shown why strictly PvE only players need to be shown extra consideration.

I think the gross misconduct, severe lack of basic consideration, and vacuous grandiose arguments against this thread are enough to go on...

I think the gross misconduct, severe lack of basic consideration, and vacuous grandiose arguments against this thread are enough to go on...

I have consideration for PvE'rs it's just that after MUCH consideration I don't think only one type of player base should be catered to exclusively...

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

This is not particularly useful data, it represents very little for the typical player - recompute the achievement if you have only 1 level 50 character, and can only find time to login half the days of the event.

You don't get any Gray Helix Components for doing PvP at all. You never have to set a single foot in the PvP area. For getting a Gree weapon you have the same opportunity to get one on 1 toon or 100. Only reputation items are Legacy-wide but weapons are acquired per character.

If you login half the days it'll be a little trouble to get to 18 GHC's but that's not the fault of the event. Do you think they need to call every person and ask them when they're going to play so they are guaranteed to get a Gree weapon? At least they've already said it's a recurring event. I think they struck a very nice compromise between people that don't/can't play every day and people like me who have no life right now and *can* play every day. The average player will easily be able to get to at least 18 GHC's and the casual player will be able to get them at some point... all without going into the PvP area once.

At that point, what are the chances that running only the PvE missions will get you no reward item, and running the PvE missions plus the PvP missions will just barely get you a reward item?

0% (I almost put 100% except I noticed the double-negative)

You will easily be able to get a reward item running only the PvE missions. In fact, running PvE missions are the ONLY way to get a reward item. PvP has nothing to do with anything regarding reward items.

It doesn't matter if I run 8 characters every day or 1, they all have the same opportunity to get the GHC's.

I can't believe how nit-picky you're being. So now the event has to take into consideration for when people play? The game runs almost 24/7, if you aren't on during a "good" time then try again in an hour, or another hour, you have 14 days of 99% up-time to run 2 lousy Xenoanalyst missions.

The Return of the Gree was/is a great event. It worked out well for most people, not so well for a few, and extremely well for even fewer like myself. I was able to take advantage *because* I have a lot of characters and no life, and I am the exception not the rule, but for some reason you think people that don't play much should somehow have the same opportunity as me and that somehow you're a Champion for their cause?

You don't get any Gray Helix Components for doing PvP at all. You never have to set a single foot in the PvP area. For getting a Gree weapon you have the same opportunity to get one on 1 toon or 100. Only reputation items are Legacy-wide but weapons are acquired per character.

If you login half the days it'll be a little trouble to get to 18 GHC's but that's not the fault of the event. Do you think they need to call every person and ask them when they're going to play so they are guaranteed to get a Gree weapon? At least they've already said it's a recurring event. I think they struck a very nice compromise between people that don't/can't play every day and people like me who have no life right now and *can* play every day. The average player will easily be able to get to at least 18 GHC's and the casual player will be able to get them at some point... all without going into the PvP area once.

0% (I almost put 100% except I noticed the double-negative)

You will easily be able to get a reward item running only the PvE missions. In fact, running PvE missions are the ONLY way to get a reward item. PvP has nothing to do with anything regarding reward items.

It doesn't matter if I run 8 characters every day or 1, they all have the same opportunity to get the GHC's.

I can't believe how nit-picky you're being. So now the event has to take into consideration for when people play? The game runs almost 24/7, if you aren't on during a "good" time then try again in an hour, or another hour, you have 14 days of 99% up-time to run 2 lousy Xenoanalyst missions.

The Return of the Gree was/is a great event. It worked out well for most people, not so well for a few, and extremely well for even fewer like myself. I was able to take advantage *because* I have a lot of characters and no life, and I am the exception not the rule, but for some reason you think people that don't play much should somehow have the same opportunity as me and that somehow you're a Champion for their cause?

All 3 of you just keep starkly repeating the same deflated arguments as if it's some sort of rationale for a denial of consideration. Not a single one of you have adequately addressed the entire issue:

• PvP-only missions in a special Event draws strictly PvE-only players into PvP missions against their better judgement

Strictly PvE-only players want to get the full daily possible Trophies and Gray Helix Components just like everyone else, so they can also have the top probability of getting their hands on the awesome Gree weapons the first (or second) time around. There will be new players in a certain amount every time the Gree Event recurs, so this problem is going to pop up again, and again, and again ...

You can't just pretend it doesn't need to change, for the Event itself to be considerate of the strictly PvE-only players; how the Events are working now IS what is inconsiderate of strictly PvE-only players. If you want to keep yammering on about how it seems so possible to still get plenty of rewards even if you're not doing 2 of the 7 missions each day, you're only going to cause yourself undue frustration as I push your weak and inconsiderate arguments over again, and again ...

Given that the change requested for Event missions (to make them "[PVP/PVE]") has no impact on the PvP players' mission-going abilities, on what possible rationale do you think clobbering this request repeatedly makes you look anything but completely selfish and inconsiderate? Not a single argument any of you have made even holds water.

The fact that you all keep beIligerently refusing to consider the Event enjoyment of strictly PvE-only players, and that I can easily keep pushing over your blatantly mis-placed arguments where no argument actually exists is proof enough that BioWare needs to take this change for the Gree Event into very serious consideration.

I don't mind open world PVP, but this Gree event has opened the floodgates of griefing players. There's no reason a 50 should be attacking a 43. Much less standing near the respawn point and killing on respawn.

What? You mean that ganking players who are either a) too low-level to have any reasonable chance of even inconveniencing you while you kill them, b) lack the gear to be a credible threat do you, or c) don't have enough PvP experience to be able to defend themselves effectively ISN'T the be-all and end-all proof of your unimpeachable superiority as a total master of PvP?

I'm shocked. :D