Stop forcing PVP on PVE servers

Morden

The two PvP quests:

1. Has a clear [PvP] in the quest name.

2. Takes place in a clearly marked PvP area with red system message warning you it's a PvP area.

3. Gives warzone commendations (PvP) as reward.

/thread.

Sooo many people get soo mad when their imaginary player dies once or twice a night. It's unbelievable.

People quitting over this? Then they were quitting anyway.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, just more ignorance from another troller. You're not even attempting a discussion on what I've asserted, that:

• you have no right to expect strict PvE players to ever flag for PvP
  • opponents to this thread have already said they like the idea of PvP'ers having the same Event reward potential as PvE'ers

You're all just getting stuck on the connecting logic between these two principles. PvE'ers have every right to demand to be given the same Event earning potential by changing the Event missions as described, because they have a valid reason to object to doing PvP missions. PvP players cannot claim the same in return, because they have no valid basis to claim that doing PvE missions is inherently objectionable in some way. Which means that PvP'ers Event earning potential is ALL missions on the Event terminal. The strict PvE'ers only have the earning potential from 5 out of the 7 missions found on the Event terminal. Not even close to equal.

And your sudden focus on me personally is immediate grounds for you to be permanently dismissed from this thread.

Whether you agree with his comments or not you cannot ban him from stating an opinion different than yours. He has as much rights as anyone else.

No before you jump down my throat I am not a pvp player. I don't like it but I also know the meaning of open forums. This is an open forum where people are allowed to post their opinion whether or not they agree with you or not.

I can remember quite a few times prior to the launch of the game where people disagreed with mine and yet I did not tell them they couldn't post on the forum. You see that is not my call and that would be wrong.

The only time they can be banned or said something to is when they have personally attacked you. I've seen no such evidence in reading these responses other than disagreeing with your opinion, which is everyone's right to their own opinion.

Have a good day.

The only thing I see they need to fix and this has nothing to do with missions or rewards is the fixing of the AOE where they are not used to flag someone for pvp. This has been stated from the beginning, yet it still hasn't been fixed.

That is the only think I see needs to be fixed.

I would have no issue with PvE Players getting PvP quests if it was not for the stupid handicap they face when fighting a PvP player. Its less about force PvP rather force slaughter. While a PvEer might have slightly higher stats expertise means his doing 30% less damage, taking 30% more damage and healing 30% less than his oponent he just doesn't stand a chance. If you are going to send a PvEer against a PvP you have to make it about skill not gear and expertise.

Again, just more ignorance from another troller. You're not even attempting a discussion on what I've asserted, that:

• you have no right to expect strict PvE players to ever flag for PvP
  • opponents to this thread have already said they like the idea of PvP'ers having the same Event reward potential as PvE'ers

You're all just getting stuck on the connecting logic between these two principles. PvE'ers have every right to demand to be given the same Event earning potential by changing the Event missions as described, because they have a valid reason to object to doing PvP missions. PvP players cannot claim the same in return, because they have no valid basis to claim that doing PvE missions is inherently objectionable in some way. Which means that PvP'ers Event earning potential is ALL missions on the Event terminal. The strict PvE'ers only have the earning potential from 5 out of the 7 missions found on the Event terminal. Not even close to equal.

And your sudden focus on me personally is immediate grounds for you to be permanently dismissed from this thread.

And the strict PvP'ers only have the earning potential of the missions which are all PvE. While strict PvE'rs have access to the bosses and other avenues if reputation

No, you don't get to assert this. Strict PvE players avoid PvP because they find it inherently objectionable. PvP players cannot say the same about PvE. To continue throwing around your argument, you'll have to explain why the problem described by the Original Poster is not really a problem. And keep in mind that strict PvE players have a right to expect to be provided with equal Event earning potential without ever flagging for PvP.

Correction, you don't get to decree what I may or may not assert. You may disagree with my assertions as I disagree with yours but you do not have the authority to deny me my right to offer my opinions.

Neither do you have the right to make blanket statements about what other players do or don't find objectionable. There are plenty of players who only engage in PvE content because it is required so that they may progress in their preferred play style of PvP. They find PvE just as distasteful as many PvEers find PvP. Just because you assert it to be otherwise dies not make it so.

As for the original poster. His problem is only a problem because he doesn't like the consequences of the decision he made. He chose to not participate in the full event as it was presented to the players. It was a voluntary choice not one forced on him.

You're just being hugely parasitic, using the popularity and Core game qualities of PvE missions to try to leverage a perception of obligation to add more PvP content to the game. You're intentionally trying to stifle development of PvE content, you should cease that and maybe just post YOUR OWN THREADS about PvP content possibilites, instead of showing up in other people's threads and incessantly trolling against other people's ideas. And you're ignoring my assertion that it's a problem if strict PvE players aren't provided with a way to complete the PvP missions directly or by proxy-mission, without flagging for PvP. PvE players shouldn't be baited by PvP missions to get the full daily Event rewards. It's the ENTIRE problem that was posted to create this thread. And do you think that if he's saying he's cancelled his subscription because of it, that BioWare shouldn't take notice and seriously consider making some changes?

You're really just trying to create an argument where none exists, and diminishing the topic by diluting it with your ranting.

The Original Poster posted about a problem, and the purpose of this thread is to originate solutions to that problem. This is not your platform to try to leverage an off-topic demand that PvP content must be added along with any addition of PvE content. If you are that unhappy with the game as it is and want to be this disrespectful to the valid considerations of others, I don't think you even belong in the game at all. If you don't want a repeated dismissal of your assertions in the thread, then think twice before you post and take into the valid concerns that this entire thread is based upon.

You don't get to demand PvP considerations of the same sort, because you have no valid basis to declare PvE missions particularly objectionable to yourself.

You failed to address the simple points I made.

That facts remain still against your walls of text. That it is a player choice, if player x does not jump through hoop y then they do not get z... I have not demanded anything for PvP'ers just stated that your request is invalid and has no basis for validity just on the fact that players enjoy the game differently. This event rewards all play types equally.

And please stop the personal attacks, they are quite childish and needless. Only trolls tend to use them... Hmm

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

The sheer idiocy of the OP astounds me. You say that people who are in PvP gear have an advantage.. I'll give you a cookie if you can tell me what that advantage is. Expertise counts for nothing on Ilum. Nothing.

The sheer idiocy you have displayed here astounds me. Do you think that this stat just activates itself inside warzones?! LOL If someone is wearing PvP gear they have a clear advantage of bonus damage/damage reduction/healing when engaged in ANY PvP combat. Don't insult someone if you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

As far as the OP's post though, this cannot be taken seriously at all. You are essentially asking Bioware to just GIVE you two quest completions. I have a better idea for Bioware, why don't they just REMOVE the PvP quests completely from Ilum on PvE servers only. Then you guys won't be forced to engage in PvP and you also won't be given two free quest completions.

I hate stupid smart phones!

ALL smart phones are stupid phones. I happen to think the iPhone is the best phone on the market, but in my mildly expert opinion, I think the iPhone and every other phone are still complete garbage.

Sure, they do their task, and there are 1 or 2 nice bells and whistles... but if you knew how absurdly easy it would be to add absolutely amazing features and make people love their phones again, you would see as I do that all the phone makers are just entirely uninspired and completely lacking in technology prowess. We put a man on the moon, and smart-phone makers can't even get the phone to work seamlessly with the user's home computer. Not to mention all the obvious apps where any phone could be made to recognize other phones, and do all kinds of phone-partnered activities like sharing web pages, keep in contact while walking around different parts of the same major city, etc... sure there are a few examples of apps but it's a most un-impressive computing platform.

Correction, I have not ignored any of your assertions. I have disagreed with them because they are wrong. The fact that you're now throwing a tantrum because someone disagrees with your "assertions" is your choice. And yes I suppose you can tell me to stop posting in this thread, but I hope for your sake you don't hold your breath waiting for me to comply as I have no intention or obligation to do so.

The fact that you have not made any counter-debate point on the issues tells me that you have exhausted what you thought was a valid argument, and your predictable exit from actual debate and descendence into baseless insult is proof that you are not the type to debate in a civil manner. Honestly it all stems from you starting your debate without being considerate of others, which was all handed to you in the first post of the thread, you were just completely ignoring the entire issue.

If any of you continue your absurd Lord-Of-The-Flies routine into insult rather than debate, then you all deserve to be booted from the forums for 30 days.

Yet again:

• all players have the right to expect equal Event reward potential, as gotten from the Event's missions
  • strict PvE'ers have a right to declare themselves strict PvE-only players and still expect full consideration for how Events function
  • PvP players do not have a right to declare themselves strict PvP players and then garner change in the game to support that decision, because there is no valid basis for declaring PvE inherently objectionable

If you cannot reach the same conclusion as me from these simple points, and realize that your every post was just a failure of consideration of others, then it's nothing more than your own failure of ability to wield logic and construct valid proofs.

JUST LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE. A perfectly reasonable thread beginning, and the Original Poster receives not one but FOUR ridiculously injurious insults. They used phrases/words such as "ridiculously small mindset", "I doubt you'll be missed", "sheer idiocy", and "Killing people like the op and hearing them whine". Do I even need to dig further around the so-far-11-pages of this thread for examples of how absurdly vehement, poisonous, wickedly disrespectful, and self-deprecating you are? The original poster said absolutely nothing unreasonable or fundamentally objectionable. What should be the consequence of participating in such a ludicrous tirade of hateful response? Would it make a difference if the Original Poster is a 6-year-old? Honestly, they should start routinely banning you guys from the Forums for 30 days.

The above post is amusing as the poster contradicts himself in multiple ways when read next to previous comments.

He also fails to address the basic points and flaws I stated earlier .

Well you'll have to be a little more specific than that. Go ahead, try to come up with ways in which I contradict myself. But then I'm quite certain you're just trolling.

And believe me, the majority of your arguments are just vacuous nonsense, you're just callously throwing the entire premise and purpose of the thread out the window without providing even a semblance of justification. Go ahead, state which basic points and flaws you think haven't been addressed. Just don't fly off the handle again, when I tell you that it's nonsense.

Instead of feeding the trolls I will simply bring you back on topic.

Here is your position as quoted above.

all players have the right to expect equal Event reward potential, as gotten from the Event's missions

strict PvE'ers have a right to declare themselves strict PvE-only players and still expect full consideration for how Events function

PvP players do not have a right to declare themselves strict PvP players and then garner change in the game to support that decision, because there is no valid basis for declaring PvE inherently objectionable

I will address each in turn.

On your first point, you say that PvE'rs have a right to access content do to their choice to not participate in the full event. You cannot expect to be rewarded for not putting forth the full effort that is due.

Your second point

PvP players do not have a right to declare themselves strict PvP players and then garner change in the game to support that decision, because there is no valid basis for declaring PvE inherently objectionable

You have no authority whatsoever to declare what player base has rights and what player base does not, let alone which has more rights. You say there is no valid basis for PvP'ers declaring PvE inherently objectionable? Sure there is, for the same reasons PvE'rs claim to not want PvP. There are strict PvP'rs who wish access to the same content without being corned into PvE.

EDIT: It's curious to look at the two points side by side.

"PvE'ers have a right to declare themselves strict PvE-only players"

"PvP players do not have a right to declare themselves strict PvP players"

I'm sure many others see something inherently wrong with this.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

You failed to address the simple points I made.

That facts remain still against your walls of text. That it is a player choice, if player x does not jump through hoop y then they do not get z... I have not demanded anything for PvP'ers just stated that your request is invalid and has no basis for validity just on the fact that players enjoy the game differently. This event rewards all play types equally.

And please stop the personal attacks, they are quite childish and needless. Only trolls tend to use them... Hmm

At no point did I engage in personal attacks. I have already given you several examples of opponents to this thread engaging in ridiculous personal attacks.

Your very first post in this thread was a comradery with someone who was being severely disrespectful to other gamers. The fraternity-style of which is very worrisome for the future of online gaming environments. Your entire involvement in this thread is a tone of disrespect to other gamers. As it just so happens, the cause of the Original Poster being upset in the first place is because he believes he's being disrespected in-game.

• you have no right to expect strict PvE players to ever flag for PvP [You are right, you don't have to. Get over yourself]
  • opponents to this thread have already said they like the idea of PvP'ers having the same Event reward potential as PvE'ers [i am an oppenent to your mindset and I don't care for PvP]

Ok, I tried being nice, I'll play your way.

You are nothing more than some petulant child screaming in the candy store because he wants ALL of the candy, not just a few pieces. You don't have to flag to complete missions and max out your rep every week. I've done it without once resorting to PvP missions and having only two level 50s. Your arguement is baseless and juvenile. You assumed that I am a PvPer, I am not. Do I participate in PvP? For my guildmates, yes. Do I like it? No.

ALL players have a right to demand from their service. Should the service listen to them all? No. They must maintain the integrity of their ideals and if they want to reward those who PvP, that is their call. Don't like it, quit. Talk with your wallet.

Not one PvPer has objected to PvE content, they are just pointing out that you are being whiny. Stomp your feet all you want, it's not going to change.

And finally, just like all abusive people, you are using degrading language and baseless arguements to support a weak platform. Stop it. You are crying louder than anyone else and are no further ahead than when you posted this thread. And yes, you do yell lounder than all others, only because you don't have that much to say. What you do, isn't worth hearing anyway.

EDIT: Ah, I see Dan beat me to the punch and put it more succinctly,

EDIT: It's curious to look at the two points side by side.

"PvE'ers have a right to declare themselves strict PvE-only players"

"PvP players do not have a right to declare themselves strict PvP players"

I'm sure many others see something inherently wrong with this.

Edited by Thylbanus

Instead of feeding the trolls I will simply bring you back on topic.

How fatuously pompous. It is not your topic that you support. You're trying to refute that there's any problem as the Original Poster has stated, and you're failing.

On your first point, you say that PvE'rs have a right to access content do to their choice to not participate in the full event. You cannot expect to be rewarded for not putting forth the full effort that is due.

You are suspiciously rewording what I said into your own phrasing (this is like perjury and libel) in order to avoid the entire crux of the point, which is:

• strict PvE'ers have a right to remain unflagged during all of their hours of gameplay, and still expect the same level of Event rewards each day of the event. This is a cornerstone concept that makes the game not a PvP-favored game. No one has the right to force PvE players into PvP situations.

The entire assertion is that how the Event works needs to change, because it's inherently unfair to anyone who's decided to remain free of PvP flags. In order to give strict PvE players due consideration, there can't be PvP missions for the Event that do not have a way of completing them without flagging for PvP. The having-to-flag-for-PvP is the entire point. You can't expect players to flag for PvP in order to complete any of the Event missions.

You have no authority whatsoever to declare what player base has rights and what player base does not, let alone which has more rights. You say there is no valid bases for PvP'ers declaring PvE inherently objectionable? Sure there is, for the same reasons PvE'rs claim to not want PvP. There are strict PvP'rs who wish access to the same content without being corned into PvE.

You are intentionally misrepresenting what I posted, and your argument is completely vacuous. It's not a refuting of my point at all, in fact you've acknowledged that PvE players have a right to expect full Event reward per day without flagging.

Thus I am done with responding to your posts.

How fatuously pompous. It is not your topic that you support. You're trying to refute that there's any problem as the Original Poster has stated, and you're failing.

You are suspiciously rewording what I said into your own phrasing (this is like perjury and libel) in order to avoid the entire crux of the point, which is:

• strict PvE'ers have a right to remain unflagged during all of their hours of gameplay, and still expect the same level of Event rewards each day of the event. This is a cornerstone concept that makes the game not a PvP-favored game. No one has the right to force PvE players into PvP situations.

The entire assertion is that how the Event works needs to change, because it's inherently unfair to anyone who's decided to remain free of PvP flags. In order to give strict PvE players due consideration, there can't be PvP missions for the Event that do not have a way of completing them without flagging for PvP. The having-to-flag-for-PvP is the entire point. You can't expect players to flag for PvP in order to complete any of the Event missions.

You are intentionally misrepresenting what I posted, and your argument is completely vacuous. It's not a refuting of my point at all, in fact you've acknowledged that PvE players have a right to expect full Event reward per day without flagging.

This entire post is filled with sly doges of direct points, never addressing it head on.

You yourself will not refute any direct point I have made to your argument, and simply dismiss it.

I suppose we know what that draws to.

Ok, I tried being nice, I'll play your way.

You are nothing more than some petulant child screaming in the candy store because he wants ALL of the candy, not just a few pieces. You don't have to flag to complete missions and max out your rep every week. I've done it without once resorting to PvP missions and having only two level 50s. Your arguement is baseless and juvenile. You assumed that I am a PvPer, I am not. Do I participate in PvP? For my guildmates, yes. Do I like it? No.

ALL players have a right to demand from their service. Should the service listen to them all? No. They must maintain the integrity of their ideals and if they want to reward those who PvP, that is their call. Don't like it, quit. Talk with your wallet.

Not one PvPer has objected to PvE content, they are just pointing out that you are being whiny. Stomp your feet all you want, it's not going to change.

And finally, just like all abusive people, you are using degrading language and baseless arguements to support a weak platform. Stop it. You are crying louder than anyone else and are no further ahead than when you posted this thread. And yes, you do yell lounder than all others, only because you don't have that much to say. What you do, isn't worth hearing anyway.

Nothing you are saying is true about me, or what I've posted. I've only had to repeat the idea several times since so many people (such as yourself) have vacuously staged a refuting of the entire point of this thread.

And as explained in several of my posts (since I had to repeat myself), you are ignorantly pretending that this is about maxing out Reputation each week, when in fact it only matters how many Reputation Trophies one can earn each day. Everything I've posted has been accurate, and none of it was done with personal insult, as you have now done with such poisonous flair.

Under what circumstances does the Original Poster not have the right to be upset about how the Event missions are functioning?

No. No, he is actually quite correct. Your choice words reveals that you are indeed trying to subjegate your opponents, not discuss. This is abusive.

You are right on one point, the last, you don't HAVE to flag. That is OUR point. Hence why your point is baseless. (Purjury, really? Again, you are going for abusive language disguised as intellect. As for libel, hardly. You are doing a fine job of defaming yourself.)

No, it doesn't. It is fine the way it is. PvE gets rewards, PvP gets rewards, those who do both, get the Grand Prize and get BOTH.

If he is misrepresenting, please repost. We can start anew. I think you will find you are still going to be disadvantaged here.

As for the OP, here was my response for him.

But we were discussing YOUR stance and platform, not Morden's.

Edited by Thylbanus

This entire post is filled with sly doges of direct points, never addressing it head on.

You yourself will not refute any direct point I have made to your argument, and simply dismiss it.

I suppose we know what that draws to.

Rather than respond directly to any more of your postings, I will merely leave you with a question to answer, and if you even dare to answer it with honesty and without barbed insults or vacuous logic, then it will leave you inherently in support of this thread:

• What is it about PvP gameplay that bothers strictly PvE-only players so much?

Edited by anonnn

Rather than respond directly to any more of your postings, I will merely leave you with a question to answer, and if you even dare to answer it with honesty and without barbed insults or vacuous logic, then it will leave you inherently in support of this thread:

• What is it about PvP gameplay bothers strictly PvE-only players so much?

You may want to proof read that question.

The fact that you have not made any counter-debate point on the issues tells me that you have exhausted what you thought was a valid argument, and your predictable exit from actual debate and descendence into baseless insult is proof that you are not the type to debate in a civil manner. Honestly it all stems from you starting your debate without being considerate of others, which was all handed to you in the first post of the thread, you were just completely ignoring the entire issue.

The fact that you attempt to dismiss my counter points does not mean I have not made them.

If any of you continue your absurd Lord-Of-The-Flies routine into insult rather than debate, then you all deserve to be booted from the forums for 30 days.

I have actually been rather polite to you considering your condescending and rude attitude towards those who don't agree with you.

Yet again:

• all players have the right to expect equal Event reward potential, as gotten from the Event's missions
  • strict PvE'ers have a right to declare themselves strict PvE-only players and still expect full consideration for how Events function
  • PvP players do not have a right to declare themselves strict PvP players and then garner change in the game to support that decision, because there is no valid basis for declaring PvE inherently objectionable

All players can expect equal Event reward potential. This can not be denied. They may not want to do all the missions, but they are able to do so.

PvEers can declare themselves strict PvE only players. The Event will still work for them just as it does for all other players partaking in it.

PvPers have just as much right to declare themselves strict PvP only players just as PvE players can declare themselves strict PvE only players. You can not say one play style is able to make such a declaration while denying all other play styles from doing the same. Trying to do so just makes you look hypocritical. Despite your repeated attempts you don't have the authority to speak for other players and decree what they may or may not consider inherently objectionable.

If you cannot reach the same conclusion as me from these simple points, and realize that your every post was just a failure of consideration of others, then it's nothing more than your own failure of ability to wield logic and construct valid proofs.

The fact that I don't immediately cave in to your repeated attempts to declare yours the only possible truth is a testament to my ability to wield logic and construct valid proofs.

JUST LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE. A perfectly reasonable thread beginning, and the Original Poster receives not one but FOUR ridiculously injurious insults. They used phrases/words such as "ridiculously small mindset", "I doubt you'll be missed", "sheer idiocy", and "Killing people like the op and hearing them whine". Do I even need to dig further around the so-far-11-pages of this thread for examples of how absurdly vehement, poisonous, wickedly disrespectful, and self-deprecating you are? The original poster said absolutely nothing unreasonable or fundamentally objectionable. What should be the consequence of participating in such a ludicrous tirade of hateful response? Would it make a difference if the Original Poster is a 6-year-old? Honestly, they should start routinely banning you guys from the Forums for 30 days.

The original poster made a ridiculous post complaining about being killed by other players in a PvP zone. Considering his post the replies to it were tame. Everything about his post was unreasonable. But if you don't care for my opinion you just go ahead and get my 30 day ban started.