I Don't Understand

grkguru

That doesn't make sense. My merc was in full tionese and one death cost me approximately 8k. How is it more than your 6.7k?

Just curious - does armor type make a difference? I.E. Heavy costs more to repair than light?

Edited by Stressfire

Honestly, I almost hope the costs don't go down so maybe I'll have more people in my groups that don't suck and actually play the game well. Those people aren't here complaining about this stuff because their in the game making money and clearing content without dying.

That's a great attitude huh?! Nothing destructive about that. You do realize there would be less and less people playing, right?

It depends on your class.

If you're a tank you're shafted right now.

Did Xeno 16m HM yesterday. Died twice(2nd tank forgot to taunt...). I was fully repaired before the fight. After we downed it I ported out and repaired.

44k.

Really? What kind of tank are you? I also got defeated by the Xenoanalyst the other day (just once), but my repair bill was 11K. Also, I wasn't fully repaired before the encounter.

You still take armor damage without dying. Prior to 1.7, if my armor was down to around 10/80 it would cost me 33K to repair. I recently repaired at 20/80 and it cost nearly 80K. Affording it isn't the issue with me, but any time a cost is increased so substantially, it doesn't sit well. We all like to see millions in our bank, and we can all agree that there are better things to spend credits on other than repairs.

I'm not really sure what this changes about my post. This whole post said nothing that I thought was a bug.

*sigh* The post shows that Bioware's "fix" now ties the lion's share of the repair bill to the vendor resale value of the armor shell, not the amount you paid for the shell. So if you look at the test I did in the thread you see that adaptive armor vs. orange armor nets you a 130% increase in repair costs with the same mods, with absolutely no performance gain.

Should not higher level shells cost more to repair?

Higher level shells don't necessarily result in higher repair costs. In fact, lower lvl shells many times result in massively higher repairs costs. You can get some adaptive armor at lvl 1, yet it costs 130% more to repair than a higher lvl orange shell with the same exact mods.

Should not lower level shells cost less? Why is this a problem?

You tell me. Should they? Because they don't always.

A Ferrari is going to cost more to repair than a Toyota Camry. How does this not make sense to others?

Because it's a terrible analogy. The vast majority of shells available give you no performance gain in and of themselves. It's the mods that do that. At least I can go faster in a Ferrari. It's all tied to how much BW deems that your armor should net from an in game vendor as to how much you get to pay in repairs. And how nice that I knew how much I would have to pay to repair my Ferrari armor, only to have that cost double or triple overnight.

The prices are not problematic and simply because people are reporting double or triple repair costs does not in any way mean it's true.

And similarly it doesn't mean that what you are reporting is true, particularly since it is at odds with what many others are reporting. But seriously, this isn't rocket science. It's just a math problem. If you have an armor shell that has a very high vendor resale value, you will see a greater increase in repair cost than what you saw before.

I get that the increased repair costs feel like a stealth backstab.

But I think all the people who are saying that "we can't do Operations anymore" are forgetting something.

The increase in repair costs from 1.7?

Is MUCH less than the decrease in repair costs from 1.2.

People remember how much a wipe in 1.15 cost you?

I DO. *Shudders*

I remember that when I wiped in COLUMI in 1.15 (not Rakata, freaking Columi) it cost me about 32k a wipe. By the time I had gear in the red I was looking at a 250k repair bill. Please don't blow this too much out of proportion.

It depends on your class.

If you're a tank you're shafted right now.

Did Xeno 16m HM yesterday. Died twice(2nd tank forgot to taunt...). I was fully repaired before the fight. After we downed it I ported out and repaired.

44k.

22k?

You must have taken a fair amount of nonwipe damage during the fight then.

Actually that brings up an interesting point.

Can someone please tell me how the non-death damage is calculated? I've been trying to figure it out for some time with no success.

Anyone know if the people with high repaircost use cartel armor or is it total random ?

Also imo shells shoul´d ofc cost the same to repair. Maybe even remove durability on shells and only have it on mods.

It all depends upon how much you can sell it for to a vendor. The test that Totaltrash did as well as the one I did on cartel market armor shows that it has a much higher resale price than other mod-able gear, thus it will cost quite a bit more to repair.