Thank you for f...ing our ops

HugoBendtsen

Yeah you guessed it.

We are a small guild who can barely make the 8 man ops work. Alot of times we actually have to do with 7 man.

Then you add SUPER STEEP repair bills to the mix.

We have people avoiding the progress runs due to the steep repairs. Do you have any idea what that does to the morale of the guild ?

I mean, people will not show for Ops when there's progress (wipes) to be made, but will come for farm runs. I for one do not want to be inguild with such a lazy *** (we dont get to pick and choose between loads and loads of a specific class, so it represents a problem)

HAHAHA, i have to laugh, crying wont do.

I mean, if you are punishing us for gearing up in 63's (i really wondered why you made the best gear available to everyone, bad decision, but ill roll with it) and now you punishing us with another bad decision.

Farming for pots or whatnot, that i would be able to live with, but to have to spend at least 2 hours a day farming for _my repairbill_ so i can wipe for 4 hours. Bad move, really bad move. Im cancelling my sub if this isnt fixed, this isn't worth my time then.

Fire the person who made raiding about repairbills now.

Oh, we have 200k rep creds a week from the guild. We spent that friday.

Our tank spent more than a million on repairs this week.

Edited by HugoBendtsen

You should start in doing FP SM first.. When you are have learn th mechanics - go for FP HMs...

Then try to do OPS SM.. When all of your guild raid are familiar with SM mechanics you can proceed to do more hard OPS.. and so on..

Nowadays there is alot of people trying to join the HM OPS just because they can.. Such people should be punished.

You should start in doing FP SM first.. When you are have learn th mechanics - go for FP HMs...

Then try to do OPS SM.. When all of your guild raid are familiar with SM mechanics you can proceed to do more hard OPS.. and so on..

Nowadays there is alot of people trying to join the HM OPS just because they can.. Such people should be punished.

our guild have been doing TFB SM for a while now.

Started TFB HM after downing Kephess HM EC friday

we are not ******* noobs who needs to learn FP's. We're a small guild with few members.

Edited by HugoBendtsen

I cancelled this morning for the same reason.

between that and the slap in the face of unobtainable legacy weapons im done here.

Perhaps one day they will fix it. If they can get it done before my time runs out I might re up

if not then bye

yup, if your guild spirals down due to this im done too, back to WoW, they don'øt make NOOB MISTAKES

Edited by HugoBendtsen

between that and the slap in the face of unobtainable legacy weapons im done here.

Perhaps one day they will fix it. If they can get it done before my time runs out I might re up

if not then bye

The unobtainable legacy weapons?

Are these the ones that will be obtainable the next time the event comes around?

Or were you just assuming that you'd be able to get everything this time?

Is there a dramatic jump at the 27 level of gear? I ask because so far I am just not seeing it. My repair bills are up but doing the xenoanalyst WB on HM for example we wiped about 4 times before we knocked it out

Afterwards my tank's repair bill was roughly 43k with nearly all black hole gear (with a 27 barrel, offhand armoring.

Similar experience on my sage that paid out 28k for two wipes (geared about the same).

Yes it is up but not seeing these six digit+ repair bills, or even any chatter I'm general about seome having them nor saying they font exist, only that the yay be more isolated them beimg made out on these forums.

The difference in difficulty for some fights between sm mode and hm/nmm is massive, knowing the tactics for the sm version will not allow you to 1 shot the hm version.

I can see how a guild trying to make the jump from sm to hm for ec/tfb are going to get very frustrated with the new repair costs.

The unobtainable legacy weapons?

Are these the ones that will be obtainable the next time the event comes around?

Or were you just assuming that you'd be able to get everything this time?

you know they have said the previous two events were coming back as well.

I don't see them anywhere, do you?

Or will we have to wait another year for this one to come back....

Nope, not gonna do it.

Games should be fun, not work.

Stop blaming the game for your own failures. 1 mill in repairs for your tank? That means you're wiping too much. Address that first.

These repairs are not that bad. My guildies have never consumed their entire repair stipend and this last week was no different.

Edit: you don't have to wait for the next event to get your weapons by the way.

Edited by Mavery

Stop blaming the game for your own failures. 1 mill in repairs for your tank? That means you're wiping too much. Address that first.

These repairs are not that bad. My guildies have never consumed their entire repair stipend and this last week was no different.

Good for your 1 guild. Tell that to the entire guilds that will be leaving due to this poor decision. :rolleyes:

You do realise that he devs have posted that they will be looking at the repair cost issue.

They are not unobtainable, they are not meant to be obtained until the event returns.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

If entire guilds are leaving over something this trivial, then good riddance. Obtaining the credits to offset the repair costs IS NOT THAT HARD AT ALL.

That's EXACTLY the point: it's not HARD like the ops are.

It's tedious and boring and time-consuming... exactly the OPPOSITE of what we (those of us who have life responsibilities like work, school and families) want from a game we pay to play.

You do realise that he devs have posted that they will be looking at the repair cost issue.

They are not unobtainable, they are not meant to be obtained until the event returns.

"Looking at" and "Fixing" are 2 different things. Extended silence tends to mean they're crafting a message that will disappoint us.

You assume the devs thought ahead and did the math and knew that they were not obtainable this go-around. You ASSUME that. But there seem to be a great many things that the community figures out before the devs. Repair costs are one of them. Many, many aspects of crafting is another. Why wouldn't the math for how long it takes to get event rewards be another?

Good for your 1 guild. Tell that to the entire guilds that will be leaving due to this poor decision. :rolleyes:

The increased repair cost is the scapegoat. People are leaving for other reasons; the repair cost is a convenient excuse.

If you're in a good guild that doesn't wipe to silly stuff you're looking at a 200k to 300k repair bill a week. With how easy it is to make credits (most of which can be done by even the most casual player) I don't see the problem.

Edit; I was generous with the amount. Repairs should likely be around 100k or so.

Edited by Mavery

About the unobtainable weapons as well-- the was already a dev post stating the vendor will remain beyond the event. If you can knock out SM xeno and the world bosses a couple times then saving up enough rep should be no issue. I know if we assume linear rep increases (we shall find out Tues) I already have the items to be about 1k rep into champiodespite not playing at all Fri or Sat

They are most certainly obtainable this time around. I intend to have 3 lightsabers and a saberstaff a week from tomorrow.

Got 13140 rep this week and will get 13410 tomorrow when I pop all my trophies to get cap. Then next Tuesday I will do the same for a total of 39960. That puts me over the amount need for champion in 1 week from tomorrow. I already have enough helixes for all my weapons. It was also stated the vendor will stick around after the event.

Edit: you don't have to wait for the next event to get your weapons by the way.

Why they're wiping too much? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO HAVE FUN.

As the OP said, they're a small guild. Seems they're casuals.

Me and my guild was farming TFB HM since 2st week TFB release, we wiped 36x to kill Firebrand/storm NiM. Imagine 36x wipe with the new repair cost...

About the unobtainable weapons as well-- the was already a dev post stating the vendor will remain beyond the event. If you can knock out SM xeno and the world bosses a couple times then saving up enough rep should be no issue. I know if we assume linear rep increases (we shall find out Tues) I already have the items to be about 1k rep into champiodespite not playing at all Fri or Sat

*shrug*

We will see, Like I said if they can make it right before my time runs out then maybe.

But really, when do they ever listen to me?

The difference in difficulty for some fights between sm mode and hm/nmm is massive, knowing the tactics for the sm version will not allow you to 1 shot the hm version.

I can see how a guild trying to make the jump from sm to hm for ec/tfb are going to get very frustrated with the new repair costs.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Doing Story Mode ops is okay-ish for learning the absolute most basic gists of fights or getting people new to raiding some gear and at least some hands-on experience in a raid environment, but spending any time actually learning SM fights is only going to wipe you repeatedly in HM until you re-lean the stuff and adapt your strategies to your group's makeup.

One way or another you're going to have to learn the HM fights some time, and knowing the SM versions of them won't reduce your wipes.

Of course I don't know why I'm bothering posting in this thread, since it's just going to be locked and people pointed to the existing "why are repairs so damn high?" megathread.

The increased repair cost is the scapegoat. People are leaving for other reasons; the repair cost is a convenient excuse.

If you're in a good guild that doesn't wipe to silly stuff you're looking at a 200k to 300k repair bill a week. With how easy it is to make credits (most of which can be done by even the most casual player) I don't see the problem.

Edit; I was generous with the amount. Repairs should likely be around 100k or so.

the arrogance ...how long have u been farming TFB NiM?