What do you hope to see in the upcoming Star Wars movies?

BewareTheDonkey

What do you hope to see in the new trilogy?

How bout the non-trilogy movies?

I know they have said the new films will not follow the EU, but I do hope at least some elements of the EU make the cut. Id love to see Mara Jade on the big screen. Luke's new Jedi Order seems like a given. Id love to see Kyle Katarn and Kyp Duran.

For the non-trilogy movies, I feel it's a perfect opportunity for a Boba Fett movie. Id also love to see some Old Republic movies too.

How bout you guys?

I would love to see some great ship to ship battles with the Imperial Remenant. SSD vs Rebel cruisers and X-Wings v TIE Interceptors. hell put Rogue Sqd and the 181st in there. Dont even have to say just put the colour markings on them in the battles,we'll know who they are.

Assuming the triplets return. The evolution of those characters since their last appearance, and the transition from those three to the newer actors.

Other than that, just the typical saber battles, gun fights, and a bit of political intrigue.

Edited by Pirana

I want to see the so far created EU in the events after the movies being destroyed because its the worst part of the Star Wars franchise.I want Dark Empire and all that nonsense including the Yuuzhan Vong

erased from the canon.

Edited by Kaedusz

I want to see the so far created EU in the events after the movies being destroyed because its the worst part of the Star Wars franchise.I want Dark Empire and all that nonsense including the Yuuzhan Vong

erased from the canon.

The New Jedi Order series was great, leave it alone. If anything should be erased from canon it's the novel The Crystal Star. That book sucked! Most of the EU is great and should be left alone except for minor tweaks. You won't see much of the current EU retconned or removed, though. The Vong are herre to stay.

erased from the canon.

I don't particularly want to see the Thrawn Trilogy tossed...

The New Jedi Order series was great, leave it alone. If anything should be erased from canon it's the novel The Crystal Star. That book sucked! Most of the EU is great and should be left alone except for minor tweaks. You won't see much of the current EU retconned or removed, though. The Vong are herre to stay.

I agree with this (well mostly, except about The Crystal Star because I haven't read it so I can't really comment on that). It was/is great, and regardless, tossing out waves of EU stuff just feels...wrong. It's tough to enjoy a story that's constantly being changed while being told. It'd be like if Lucas decided in 1980 just after Empire Strikes Back hit theatres that the Episode IV script should be changed so when Vader's TIE went spinning it hit an asteroid and blew up, killing him.

The Thrawn Trilogy is a given.

All I hope is that they don't use the bad EU stuff (you know...the stuff that in practice makes the original trilogy mean nothing), like when Luke falls to the dark side, or worse yet...Palpatines clones wreaking havoc. *screams in agony*

Expectations only lead to disappointment, therefore I have none :cool:.

The more we, as a population, speculate and grab on to rumors like they are gospel, the more likely we are to not enjoy the actual product. None of us had any idea what Star Wars would be in 1977 and we all fell in love with it. I know it is very difficult in the "connected" age we are in, but If you really want to regain that feeling we had back then, be patient, do not scour the web for tidbits (that are most likely not true), just let it happen.

Expectations only lead to disappointment, therefore I have none :cool:.

The more we, as a population, speculate and grab on to rumors like they are gospel, the more likely we are to not enjoy the actual product. None of us had any idea what Star Wars would be in 1977 and we all fell in love with it. I know it is very difficult in the "connected" age we are in, but If you really want to regain that feeling we had back then, be patient, do not scour the web for tidbits (that are most likely not true), just let it happen.

I walk a similar path. I assume I will be deeply disappointed, that way, if it actually is good, I get double the joy.

Mark Hamill Talks STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Says “They’re Talking to Us” but “We Haven’t Signed Any Contracts”

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight [via CS], Hamill strongly hinted at how Luke will be depicted in the sequel:

“I’m assuming—because I haven’t talked to the writers—that these movies would be about our offspring, like my character would be sort of in the Obi-wan range [as] an influential character. When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke the good news is there’s a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she’s your sister. I thought, ‘Well, I’m going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I’m going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.’”

http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-mark-hamill/?_r=true

Mark Hamill Talks STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Says “They’re Talking to Us” but “We Haven’t Signed Any Contracts”

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight [via CS], Hamill strongly hinted at how Luke will be depicted in the sequel:

I’m assuming—because I haven’t talked to the writers—that these movies would be about our offspring, like my character would be sort of in the Obi-wan range [as] an influential character. When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke the good news is there’s a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she’s your sister. I thought, ‘Well, I’m going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I’m going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.’”

http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-7-mark-hamill/?_r=true

Pure conjecture and speculation...ZERO fact. You know what "***-u-me"-ing does? ;)

i dont know what to expect but i recently found out that episode VII will come out 2015 with harrison ford playing Han Solo and rumers about Mark Hammil and Carrie Fisher staring in the movie also.

I hope not, this sort of thing will ruin it. I do not believe this is true. It will limit what the writers can do. i mean they all look a bit worse for wear to start with.

What do hope for is the stand alone films will have Han Solo, Boba Fett and Darth Maul, maybe even Lando and how he lost the millenium Falcon. And maybe the trilogy being about the Yuuzhan Vong......???

Edited by JDCHobson
extra idea