[Event] Extend or Compensate pls!

Prysha

Bioware *dadface* you cant put down the servers at event time that often without giving us an extended event time or Helix and Reputation consumables !!!

Otherwise the whole event is useless...

casual and/or newplayers are even more disdvantaged by all the downtimes...

Bioware *dadface* you cant put down the servers at event time that often without giving us an extended event time or Helix and Reputation consumables !!!

Kind of like renting a car and when you need it they decide to rotate the tires and change the oil.

I've just visited the LotRO forums, where the original 24 hour maintenance has run into its third day. The community is being so pleasantly patient about the downtime, it really shows how bad we are as a community.

You've got that back to front, it's same human species playing that game, so how come they are being pleasant while the atmosphere here is terrible. I'll give you a clue, it's not the players.

No give up? Communication, transparency, community interaction, integrity...all missing here.

/sadface

I've just visited the LotRO forums, where the original 24 hour maintenance has run into its third day. The community is being so pleasantly patient about the downtime, it really shows how bad we are as a community.

I only did the pre-access trial for LotRO, but I'd wager the majority of them have had a vastly superior experience with customer service than many of us have had with Bioware, I know there's always some who will never be happy but I think the majority of comments lately are just a result of some really bad customer service experiences. I'm a fan of Bioware and this game overall, but they've got a long way to earning back player good will sadly.

Its a frequent REPEATING event.

Calm down, not like you'll be champion anyway.

Yup. I'm collecting and stacking trophies I can't use this week because of the limit. So... a few hours of down time relative to the event is not a huge deal.

Having said that, I can understand complaints about losing prime time playing time, but that has nothing to do with the event.

You've got that back to front, it's same human species playing that game, so how come they are being pleasant while the atmosphere here is terrible. I'll give you a clue, it's not the players.

No give up? Communication, transparency, community interaction, integrity...all missing here.

/sadface

True story!

/sadface

As I wrote my post here, the last communication from Turbine had been late afternoon on the previous day (15th). And that was just to say "No ETA on when servers will be up". We have that much and more in CS forums and other places when needed, but if people don't go to the right place to read updates (or for some obscure reason think they don't have to) it is hardly BWs fault.

I really think this talk of insufficient communication is something that has become habit. I have not noticed any lack of communication since I have been here (Nov), so any problems that may have existed in the past are certainly no longer present.

(@Ecaj. I played LotRO before coming here. I had no issue with the CS, but then I have had good service from BW too).

Downtime during the event has been a total of 4 hours (maybe less). Should they extend the event by 4 hours or are you looking for days?

/sadface

Naw, it's that the game is older. After a while the disgruntled leave and those who are left are the people who like the game for what it is and don't see the need to complain incessantly about everything. We're already well along in that process. These boards, as bad as they are, are better than they were last year this time.

Considering that there is an event with a limited duration going on, and we've had to deal with more maintenance than usual (and unexpected maintenance) I think a little extension of the event would be a nice gesture.

I wouldn't care if they did extend it, but has the maintenance really slowed down folks ability to progress? If the pattern of adding 2500 for each rank holds, I already have enough rep tokens for Champion and am closing in on Legend.

or it shoes how many people don't give a damn about lotr and play it very casual.

I'm fine with the downtime, but I'm honestly confused: Where have they said they're doing the Gree event again? Or do you mean that they'll be doing a different event in another few months?

They've said the gree event is repeating often. Why do you think there is a reputation system for it if we weren't going to be doing this going forward? You realize it's impossible to fill the bar in this one event right?

As I wrote my post here, the last communication from Turbine had been late afternoon on the previous day (15th). And that was just to say "No ETA on when servers will be up". We have that much and more in CS forums and other places when needed, but if people don't go to the right place to read updates (or for some obscure reason think they don't have to) it is hardly BWs fault.

I really think this talk of insufficient communication is something that has become habit. I have not noticed any lack of communication since I have been here (Nov), so any problems that may have existed in the past are certainly no longer present.

(@Ecaj. I played LotRO before coming here. I had no issue with the CS, but then I have had good service from BW too).

There really never has been a problem with communication. The people that make the game are really busy actually... get this... MAKING the game.

Most of it I believe is people who feel that they are somehow entitled to some inner peek at what's going on, and somehow entitled to knowing what the reasons for everything are, what your long term plan is, and if you don't tell me what your plans are for the next full 8 years, I'll say you'r stalling and call you secretive and a bad communicator.

It's great if they can give frequent communication, and on issues which have seriously impacted the game, of course we need some sort of mention. But for the most part, just seems like people want attention.

Anyway, apart from that "Most Valued Player" debacle a few months back, I've not seen any real communication problems.

They've said the gree event is repeating often. Why do you think there is a reputation system for it if we weren't going to be doing this going forward? You realize it's impossible to fill the bar in this one event right?

Actually I didn't, haha. I just finished writing exams so I was kinda out of the loop. :o

Feeling entitled isn't going to get you far. The event missions can be completed at any time of the day, and the maintenances were no more than a couple hours each. If that honestly causes anyone to miss out on a day's worth of quest rewards (for a recurring event, nonetheless) you're probably doing it wrong. BioWare doesn't owe you anything extra because of maintenance that came as a surprise to exactly no one.

Considering that there is an event with a limited duration going on, and we've had to deal with more maintenance than usual (and unexpected maintenance) I think a little extension of the event would be a nice gesture.

Basically, this is the point made by the OP, but with five times the intelligence and professionalism.

Edited by MythosHero

I can understand the logic behind this, but I really don't see it as that needed. I was able to max weekly rep and get 22 helix in 3 days, so by the end of the event (even with the down times) I'll have 2 weps (blaster and saber). Add to that the fact that rep continues after the event ends (so time duration isn't a factor there) and that they said this event will be reoccurring I just don't see it that needed. Its easy to get the rewards rather quick so people who really want the legacy weps can get them easily even missing a few hours here and there.

No, what i mean is ... when we lost 4-6 hours, why cant we get them back?

If they say we get a 14 day event but we are getting only 13 Days and 18-20 that is simply not "14 days".

When for example i would send them just 30 cents less to pay my subscription it would be simply not enough...

Im not complainign here, i just think we should get our lost hours back :)

and that they said this event will be reoccurring...

every year?

thats an other point i dont get.. there is an event about the gree and after completion of the event we may dont have champion status for the gree weapon... so much effort for nothing...

i myself hardcore all the dailies with 3 of my characters and it takes me a whole day ( daylight )... im really afraid i will not get the gree weapon after completion of the event.. but i still hardcore farm.. i do nothing else...

i really dont get why we are able to see the weapons when we cant have them.. hell i would even pay 10 euros extra just to get 2 of those sabers... -.-

and yet again i will say that there are very very casual players too who can only play a bit in their life time... and 4 - 6 hours can make a difference for them.. for a casual players is a whole day lost :(

also the system soemhow fails.. as i have new players in my guild who have only 1 level 50 char..( but are subbcribers ) they will never be able to get the weapons... this is bad....

Edited by Prysha