Is there an etiquette to open world PvP?

klham

You don't have to play more than a few minutes to understand there is some sorta of "pvers" etiquette to open world pvp even on a PVP server like the bastion. I run around Ilum solo doing these terrible daily's and have countless people just run by me--even groups. I don't imagine this is because I run around as a combat sent w/ over 19k health, the choober elite warlord title, and a full min/maxed warhero healer companion. I figure people just want to get **** done and open world pvp is delaying their goals.

You don't have to play more than a few minutes to understand there is some sorta of "pvers" etiquette to open world pvp even on a PVP server like the bastion. I run around Ilum solo doing these terrible daily's and have countless people just run by me--even groups. I don't imagine this is because I run around as a combat sent w/ over 19k health, the choober elite warlord title, and a full min/maxed warhero healer companion. I figure people just want to get **** done and open world pvp is delaying their goals.

blasphemy

Yeah, this guy was a marauder that got killed by Mako who was running med watch. :D

yes you and ugly r certainly high and mighty

but u do realize some people who play this game are like 12 years old or younger

god forbid someone plays for fun and doesnt think theyre some elitist(when theyre not)

In groups:

*Never outnumber ( a bit different with operation groups since it can be hard to tell how many the other group actually has)

*Never attack when the other group already is fighting someone els or just came from a fight and has low HP

While solo'ing:

*Never attack when the other player is fighting someone els or has low HP

*Request duel when possible

*For random attacks, start with low damage attack, as sorc I'm using affliction or slow. This allows the other player to make a choice, attack back or run away.

I was stealthed, alone on my DPS Assassin by the pylon, I saw a a Pyrotech Attacking a lower geared pair or Sorcs and decimating them while they were waiting with a orb, so I interceded, killed the PT and as my "reward" the the 2 Sorcs turned focus and killed me, people will be people, there are real life scums and there are in-game scums.

No, if its red it's dead.

Lowbies are left alone as there is no fun in that.

Off topic - All this nonsense regrading queuing round the pylon on ilum sickens me. If I see a line on my server that line is eating orbital strike.

Edited by clubdeeko

blasphemy

I like open world PVP, which is probably good this game doesn't have a lot of it because I hold grudges. For example I was getting ran over (due to my soloness) by this same trash-talking pve guild. So I log on my infiltration shadow and stalk this group for a fun 45 minutes before I had the perfect moment & killed all three of them simultaneously, with some environmental assistance of course. I had more fun giggling in stealth waiting doing absolutely nothing than many other things I've done in this game.

that's not etiquette, that's people serving their own selfish goals.

The only thing I choose not to participate in is killing lowbies as a level 50. That's just stupid. Anything else is good to go in my book. Although that doesn't stop others from lowbie hunting.

Occasionally I will respect a 1v1 and not interfere if it looks like a close and good fight.

same here. Although i may not attack a solo red who is fighting a end-of-quest mob, depending on who that person/guild is. I'll attack them as soon as it dies though. Other than that, i go with my mood, some guilds/folks i respect i may give a free pass on some days, others i will attack on site, etc.

yes you and ugly r certainly high and mighty

but u do realize some people who play this game are like 12 years old or younger

god forbid someone plays for fun and doesnt think theyre some elitist(when theyre not)

What are you talking about?

Yeah. My son plays and he is 11. I just thought it was funny because I had just come out of the door of the Rakata transport and some low level jumped me, probably expecting some other low level to come through and before I knew it, he was dead.