[Repairs] Too expensive!!!

Prysha

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that repair costs may be getting too expensive, however there are ways with the dailies to offset the repair costs.

The grey items for instance that your companion can sell, they can pull in a fair bit of money and I try to run all the daily missions on a planet then turn them all in at the same time.

That said Bioware does need to address the repair costs.

After 5 Mobs you loose atleast 1 armor durabilty:

http://imgur.com/7ziNMwj

http://imgur.com/DndoJKG

http://imgur.com/RA766Uz

http://imgur.com/wvzDRbj

http://imgur.com/NSTRODR

http://imgur.com/5tBxasm

the images are showing how my armor looses durabilty within really short time.. just by killing a handful mobs...

now make your math...imagine this in Flashpoints...armor goes fast down even when u not die.... and the repair is expensive as fck...

at the point i cant affort anymore repair i will renew my subscription until this is changed.. its no fun when all you do is farm money to repair armor and the outcome is either very very very very low or drives you bankrott.

especialy for peopel who just started or are only casual players or for people like me who dont have tons of credits due to they have only 2 lvl 50 chars atm...and even with 2 chars.. the dailies ruin me since repair costs are higher than the amount of money i get.. especially when i die because someone aggroes the mobs without CCing...or by mistake or due to lag or whatever...

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that BW has no clue what they're doing.

This is exactly what I said to my guild.

My faith is gone. This game will continue down the toilet and ill jump off the turd before it gets flushed.

Well I died a couple of times while doing the non-pvp event dallies and my repair costs do not look any different at all - just a couple of thousand. I was really worried after reading this thread before I visited a merchant to repair as I expected to see the 120K that the character had on him vanish but he still has a comfortable amount of credits.

I guess this must really depend upon what gear you are wearing and what mods are in it. If they were all roughly the same level before then I suppose you will not notice a change. If you has lower level armour shell but high level mods then you will notice a big change.

@ Toweleeeie, funny comment about people who cannot spell "lose " properly.. but honestly who cares ?

Instead of focusing on how people write English, knowing that for most of them it's not ehir mother language... try to focus more on what people wrote and the meaning of it.

It's not only about wipe and death.. but also about simply killing mobs which is leading to repair cost even if you don't die.

Someone mention, with attached pictures, that 5 mobs = 1 point less in your armor

So even if you do your dailies, you'll have a high repair cost which will make you earn far less money once to hand in for the reward.

The cost is also based on your armor pieces level. In rakata is already too high.. so in 61/63 it's even more ridiculous.

Last thing, it also depends on your class, as I mentioned earlier on.

Tank, by definition, will take all damages and their armor repair cost will be higher than any other classes even if they do not die.

Let's see if you'll have plenty of Tank ready to do FP and PUG ops for weekly with 61/63.. not sure that the ops reward will cover anything even without any wipe.

So people now need to do dailies every single day in order to afford the repair cost of any ops with guildies or PUG.

Last Monday, my guild on the imp side went to TFB for the first time... learning curve is something they have to accept, fair enough. Of course they wiped a couple of time at the 3rd and 4th bosses.. The guild bank gave up 500K total in order ot help people on their repair cost.

With 1.7, it's cost 1 Million as most repair cost prices are double now... this is ridiculous !

So instead of pinpointing the grammar of few.. try to read and understand all the implications of the 1.7 repair cost issue.

But let me guess, you're in a guild, can play 10 hours per day etc.. but some people got job, life and I' not sure that this patch will make them having fun playing anymore.

If bioware only want players of your kind..they did well.. but honestly I'm not sure that it is really what they are looking for...

Wait a bit, it'll be really funny to read all spam "LFM Tank" in the general chat...

I can't imagine that this is a fix that is working as intended. If it is, Bioware runs a very real risk of alienating players, which it absolutely can't afford to do right now.

It's one thing to fix a bug where repair costs are inadvertently too low, it's quite another for repair costs to be raised by over 1000%.

If this isn't an unintentional change they need some new direction for this game.

This is what repairs used to be when the game debuted, maybe a little less. Not that concerned about it, especially not since the abundance of cartel adaptive gear, crystals, etc, plus the ability to craft high end armoring, has lowered gtn prices dramatically. By the point when your armor costs, say, 30000 to repair after fighting a world boss, you can make 300000 in a couple hours doing dailies.

im going to agree and this is before the bug changes. People in my guild quite often have progression nights on EC hardmode and terror from beyong hardmode. People sometimes say they wont sign up to the guilds progression nights because they havent got the time in THEIR lives to do dailies to earn the money for the astronomical repairs progression nights generate.

TLDR: Bioware need to address repairs costs. Say what you like but playing a game shouldnt feel like going to work to be able to afford to enjoy yourself.

This is what repairs used to be when the game debuted, maybe a little less. Not that concerned about it, especially not since the abundance of cartel adaptive gear, crystals, etc, plus the ability to craft high end armoring, has lowered gtn prices dramatically. By the point when your armor costs, say, 30000 to repair after fighting a world boss, you can make 300000 in a couple hours doing dailies.

some people dont have hours to spend grinding up cash in game. If you want lots of different people to play and stay in your game you need to look at issues like the OP mentioned.

I think it is time they introduced an amazing piece of kit into the SWTOR pantheon called the "Anti-Decay Kit" which was released for SWG. Apply it to an item and it NEVER takes damage....yes they went for silly money on the Bazaars and they were eventually useless when SOE removed item degrading altogether (happy days)...but we need something like this...

Make them a veteran reward, a HM drop whatever, but we want to earn money in this game to build a legacy....not just earn it for the purpose of repairing.

This may seem unconnected but as a relatively new player I have found the community in-game very hostile and nobody seems willing to help (Red Eclipse), guild leaders ignore me when I try and ask about joining etc.....but THIS.....this will mean I may as well delete my chat box from my UI altogether because it will never be used now....It was hard enough for a new player to integrate before but now.....I may as well have leprosy as the groups are going to be a nightmare. Why? Because the groups are going to be edgy about anyone joining they don't know who may contribute to a wipe and a massive repair bill...Single player mode please Bioware....I give up!

Edited by Vigilanis

I think it is time they introduced an amazing piece of kit into the SWTOR pantheon called the "Anti-Decay Kit" which was released for SWG. Apply it to an item and it NEVER takes damage....yes they went for silly money on the Bazaars and they were eventually useless when SOE removed item degrading altogether (happy days)...but we need something like this...

Make them a veteran reward, a HM drop whatever, but we want to earn money in this game to build a legacy....not just earn it for the purpose of repairing, as a relatively new player I have found the community in-game very hostile and nobody seems willing to help (Red Eclipse), guild leaders ignore me when I try and ask about joining etc.....but THIS.....this will mean I may as well delete my chat box from my UI altogether because it will never be used now....It was hard enough for a new player to integrate before but now.....I may as well have leprosy as the groups are going to be a nightmare. Why? Because the groups are going to be edgy about anyone joining they don't know who may contribute to a wipe and a massive repair bill...Single player mode please Bioware....I give up!

My fear is that if this is working as intended it's paving the way for cartel market repairs.

@ Toweleeeie, funny comment about people who cannot spell "lose " properly.. but honestly who cares ?

Instead of focusing on how people write English, knowing that for most of them it's not ehir mother language... try to focus more on what people wrote and the meaning of it.

It's not only about wipe and death.. but also about simply killing mobs which is leading to repair cost even if you don't die.

Someone mention, with attached pictures, that 5 mobs = 1 point less in your armor

So even if you do your dailies, you'll have a high repair cost which will make you earn far less money once to hand in for the reward.

The cost is also based on your armor pieces level. In rakata is already too high.. so in 61/63 it's even more ridiculous.

Last thing, it also depends on your class, as I mentioned earlier on.

Tank, by definition, will take all damages and their armor repair cost will be higher than any other classes even if they do not die.

Let's see if you'll have plenty of Tank ready to do FP and PUG ops for weekly with 61/63.. not sure that the ops reward will cover anything even without any wipe.

So people now need to do dailies every single day in order to afford the repair cost of any ops with guildies or PUG.

Last Monday, my guild on the imp side went to TFB for the first time... learning curve is something they have to accept, fair enough. Of course they wiped a couple of time at the 3rd and 4th bosses.. The guild bank gave up 500K total in order ot help people on their repair cost.

With 1.7, it's cost 1 Million as most repair cost prices are double now... this is ridiculous !

So instead of pinpointing the grammar of few.. try to read and understand all the implications of the 1.7 repair cost issue.

But let me guess, you're in a guild, can play 10 hours per day etc.. but some people got job, life and I' not sure that this patch will make them having fun playing anymore.

If bioware only want players of your kind..they did well.. but honestly I'm not sure that it is really what they are looking for...

Wait a bit, it'll be really funny to read all spam "LFM Tank" in the general chat...

I actually read every single post. Thats why I pointed it out. I work 48 hour weeks so i have a normal amount of play time. Yes Im in a guild, the leader infact. Most of us are in full Denova, so this will effect us the most.. Maybe some of you should try crafting to get more credits.

Edited by Toweleeeie

No Bioware were lucky that they had a bug which made the repair cost price lower !! if even if was really one.

I did all 3 weekly in Rakata gear.. not even full ear/implant rakata... it was a pug and we died 3 times total and the repair cost was around 70k.

Can't wait to know the repair cost of people full 63 !!!

We TFB HM last night, and the raid wiped 4 times,I am full 63 my repair bill was over 200k.

I logged in yesterday after work, the last thing I had done on my shadow tank prior to logging off on Monday was running lost island hard mode that was unsuccessful. I had to double check to see if I saw the repair amount correctly. I work 50+ hours a week and don't have alot of time to play SWTOR or well any game for that matter so grinding credits is not something I have alot of time for. This is going to hurt for the progression runs that my guild does.

:mad: