Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

What game can you pre-order right now that doesn't require you to put up 5 bucks and doesn't give you anything but the game on the day of launch? You people will whine about anything. I'm an August pre-order and not invited yet. I'm anxious but I'm not complaining I didn't get in yet. Soon enough :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two big problems with that kind of inviting.

The first one is that no one knows when they can start. Dismiss it as much as you want, but people DO take time off for the first days of a MMO. Even those wo do not, tend to shape their day around the game for some days.

No communication skills whatsoever. Posts in forum, one twitter account, annother twitter account, most of the time non conclusive, sometimes very poorly written and not even a bit tought trough. This makes a very frustrating experience for anyone invested in this new game.

And let uns be frank, all those who talk about patience are not the invested crowd. Those will not be writing on other forums, but those who put all their energy in something will.

The second problem is ripping apart the leveling progress with friends.

Most people play MMOs because they want to do it with their friends.

If you outlevel your friends after some days it is not going to be such a big deal. The differnce will not be taht big, you can still do stuff together.

But now there are some guys who got in with the first wave, some will maybe get in in one or two days and some will not be able to play untill next year.

At least for my friends and me it looks like NO ONE will be able to level with ANYONE unless someone rerolls his mainchar at lvl 30.

Way to go proving all those naysayers right and making SWTOR even more into a single player RPG with children in chat.

By way of giving people time to leave the starting planets you destroy the MMO feeling even more. We can see the live streams and we have friends playing. It is EMPTY. Even with only one instance of the given planet there is no one there. 42 people on Corouscant as a friend just told me is nothing.

I am actually not that much worried about griefers, even though my friends and I plan to roll a PvP server. But for people trying this as their first MMO it could end up beeing a big concern.

You could have chosen to assign everyone a number for his pilgramage on the servers. At least that would have helped a little with the not knowing when. And people could have go on do something else for some hours, which in turn would have helped with the servers not beeing bombarded with logins every 30sec.

The concept of rolling invites has merrit. But the execution untill now was way worse then expected.

Oh, and nice to know that every single passable Legacy name will be gone too, right with any passable char name.

PS. During stress test we had to wait for 45min to get onto a server, how are 18+hours better?

Why even stop for 18h? Do you guys need 18h sleep? Oh no, right, you want to spend 10h with your family. Well good for you, you can plan and adjust. Here in Europe those 18h are usless in any form, because they start to late (without any prior warning) to do anything else then try to sleep after pouring in c8h10n402 for the whole day, because maybe we could play but did never know if and when.

Excellent post, 100% agreed. Specially the part about playing with friends.

because 60% of the invites that were sent out earlier were to people who were at school/work. and this evening there will be massive amounts of people logging in.

WRONG!!!! 50% of the invites were sent to Europe so more like 30% of the invites went to people in school/work in the us. EU survived the waves fine and now most people are going to bed to get up early for school / work.

I sold my baby divorced my wife woke up at 5:00AM to check my email and still no invite! Life is so unfair omg!!!! It's 7 days before launch and I STILL AM NOT PLAYING :rolleyes:

This is my first time posting on these forums, and I just had to reply to this to let you know how awesome it is.

So I have been going through all these threads, calling people whiners if they didn't get in.

I just read SR's reply stating that August invites should start tomorrow, but I pre-ordered 7/21 and did not get an invitation.

Is there something I might have done wrong?

Edited by nraga

So I have been going through all these threads, calling people whiners if they didn't get in but I pre-ordered 7/21 and did not get an invitation. I just read SR's reply stating that August invites should start tomorrow.

IT doesn't matter on which day you pre ordered, what matters is the date you entered your pre order code!

Edited by Valeruh

So I have been going through all these threads, calling people whiners if they didn't get in but I pre-ordered 7/21 and did not get an invitation. I just read SR's reply stating that August invites should start tomorrow.

Possibly calling people whiners may have upset someone enough to put your email back a bit. Who knows?

not by accident in your spam box?, otherwise seeing your here to talk wich as far i know can only be done by pre ordered accounts? (or did i misread that)

U should be at least activated as an pre ordered account

U can still check it yourself at your profile..

But if u really redeemed code and the play button is still grayed out i would say your pretty much screwed yeah.!!

hmmz answering someone without quoting and then 2 pages further alrdy doesnt help :D

tooooo many whiners...

p.s (whining hard in front of my screen without typing it lolz)

Edited by Neimi

So I have been going through all these threads, calling people whiners if they didn't get in.

I just read SR's reply stating that August invites should start tomorrow, but I pre-ordered 7/21 and did not get an invitation.

Did you register your code?

ROFL you think they really care? They have a predesignated wave system set up. They got through the orders up to August 1st (I Think)

Tues Aug 15th - 30th

Wed Sept 1st 15th

Thurs Sept 15th - 30th

Friday Oct 1st - 15th

Sat / Sunday Off

Monday Oct 15th - Nov 1st

Tuesday Dec 20th Open launch!

So if you preordered in November or later you will probably get in Dec 21st

This is dumb. Why would they take Saturday/Sunday off? Because it's a weekend? lolno

And they even said in the announcement that the large bulk of pre-orders was in July. It's not going to be 15 days for each day of head start; the time frame is probably going to grow

What game can you pre-order right now that doesn't require you to put up 5 bucks and doesn't give you anything but the game on the day of launch? You people will whine about anything. I'm an August pre-order and not invited yet. I'm anxious but I'm not complaining I didn't get in yet. Soon enough :)

Actually most PC games give SOMETHING in this day and age. What exactly would be the point of preordering a digital copy of a game otherwise? Are they going to RUN OUT of digital copies?

So yeah, I totally get why people are going to feel screwed if they get say, 1 day of playing time for $5. Especially because that would mean they were awfully misleading about their "5 days of early playing time" regardless of the fact that it says "up to". ESPECIALLY considering that would indicate that they had their "up to 5 days" message still posted long after anyone could preorder and still get in for that duration.

Of course, this is all assuming they do cut people shorter than that 5 days. For all we know, they intend to have everyone in by Thursday.

What sucks more than anything is not that people get to lvl before me is that people get to pick all the good names before you that get in. Don't know how many times you make a toon and try to think of 40 different names before one works. I'm More mad about that.

Names are reusable.