F2P has destroyed what is left of under 50 WZ's

bbare

Mhm I've noticed an increasingly painful amount of people who are under level 20 in pre50 warzones, without advanced classes and without the sprint ability. They provide nothing to the team except allow you to live for a few seconds longer while they get killed first.

nothing absolutely wrong with being in pvp under 20. I am usually at or near the top of the wiz in terms of medals, objective points and dmg/kills with my vanguard. Granted some classes like smuggler/agent suck in those levels, but my sorc/vang/pt and even my merc do well right from lvl 10 on. if you can kite, you can do well in lowbie pvp regardless what level. That would be a l2p issue..

What OP fails to realize is f2p is whats currently saving this game.Without it youll have longer que pops for pvp and pvp.No matter what you will always have derps in wzs.

Pops are alright right now in 50 wz's but hardly any of those players are f2p think I've noticed two. Pops were ok in sub 50 as well, so f2p in my opinion is hurting pvp more than helping it. Don't know what to say about how it's other effects in the game

Under 50 WZ's have never been saturated with skilled players. Hell, most of the time you would get half decent players and half below-average players. I could tolerate the incompetence of under-50 WZ's before F2P was launched. I cannot now. The amount of incompetence, stupidity, and trollish behavior has convinced me to never queue up solo for warzones anymore.

Stop being an elitist jerk. People need to have the opportunity to learn how to play PVP sub 50 so they will do stupid things and not listen. But who really cares except elitists like you that need to go into a sub 50 PUG (PUG MIND YOU) and complain about random players looking to have fun or learning to play.

I am happy to see you have decided not to que.

people are quick to blame the f2p players, but the stupidity i've seen in WZs lately are usually from the vets. There seems to be an overwhelming movement in pvp to not guard the nodes and pad the scoreboard stats.

AE is the worst. Nothing more frustrating then stealing the enemies pylon and being up by 100 and pretty much a guaranteed win if they hold their own pylon. Then having everyone deathmatch in the middle leaving one person at the pylon that gets owned by 3+ stealthies. No one seems to want to guard NC or CW either...just run to where the most players are and pad those meaningless stats.

This is why I think that for the most part the scoreboard should be removed/changed. Replace heals/dps stats with a more defined objective points scoring and medals.

We need a wz where playing the objectives doesn't wind up leaving you out on an island while the fighting takes place somewhere else. Huttball is the only map where there is always a battle on the main objective point. Every other map has a tendency to force players to choose between playing an objective and fighting. There should be no choice, fighting should be the main component of any pvp objective. We need more creative map designs and less repackaged copies of the same failed concept.

There are two big flawed arguments being discussed here:

First of all, the "people under level 20 shouldn't participate" misnomer needs to die. Anyone who says anything of the sort instantly loses all creditability. Any spec can effectively contribute under level 20 (and, yes, even 15). A couple people even mentioned level 10 Ops. I've carried teams on level 10-12 Ops. It's not hard. Smart play always trumps the number of skills you have in your quickbar, and the bolster is working in your favor. A level 10 Op can ninja cap just as well as a level 49.

In fact, I'd argue that it's better for people to start PvPing right away at 10. It forces them to learn the game mechanics and not use bubble stuns, monkey smashes, etc. as crutches.

Secondly, blaming poor play on F2Pers is just stupid. There has been rampant poor play since launch. Blaming the current problems on F2Pers just because they are F2Pers is logically flawed. For one thing, they don't get to play as much as subs and therefore don't have the opportunity to fully learn the maps. That's not their fault. But complaining about things like "they don't have sprint!" is just silly. There was a time you didn't either. And let us not forget there was also a time you were new to PvP too.

If they're 15 and don't have an AC, tell them. Be a . It's simple and way easier than coming on to the message board to complain about it. in a tl:dr post.

Furthermore, if you want to improve the quality of gameplay, do something about it. I for one wrote up a text file with short sentences for each WZ I can C&P into Ops chat if I know there's some newish players. It took me less than five minutes to write up, and even if it only helped a couple of people since I started using it, it's been more than worth it.

Lastly, I would also like to argue that the current surge of underaged badness is due just as much (if not more) to the augmented purple twinks who'd just assume run around and deathmatch than it is any new F2Per. They're everywhere now. Since their WH over recruit advantage is gone, they have to make-up for it (and their obvious lack of skill) whatever way they can.

This is why I think that for the most part the scoreboard should be removed/changed. Replace heals/dps stats with a more defined objective points scoring and medals.

I totally agree.

I once made the suggestion that all the stats except medals and objective points should be hidden until you vote.

Or always keep everything hidden except for personal use.