The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Girl Guild

Ellienufc

i get why you dont want to be in a guild where you are the only girl, but a guild with only girls ? Isn´t that just asking for trouble ? I´m imagining all sorts of responses when you would try looking for more girls for your guild. And i´m sure some old pig kinda guy would try to fake it as a girl to get in an all girl guild.

I´m all for making it harder for guys to get in a guild than girls. Having girls in a guild is just nice, and the chat on TS gets alot nicer too. Ex a guy would have to attend a certain number of raids, a girl would get a free card what raid attendance is concerned. A guy would get kicked after 14 day offline with no prior notice, a girl would get 6 weeks.

If you make the guild you can make the rules, and you can make it an all girl guild ofc. I just think the chat on TS is nicer when there´s a mix of boys and girls. All girl chat can get just as bad as all guy chat i´d imagine.

Petnil female only guilds are not uncommon and work well from what I have seen in other games.

There is or was a female-only guild on The Progenitor apparently as someone who recently returned was asking if they were still active. Sorry OP, I didn't catch the answer, not the name of the guild unfortunately.

I´m sure they exist and work well. I just think a nice mix of both genders is nicer. I know most mixed gulds tend to be just 10% girls and i can see why that can be an issue. I guess i´m just hoping that girls dont start forming more guilds.All girl guilds = less girls for the mixed guilds, and there´s not that many girls in the first place.

I´m sure they exist and work well. I just think a nice mix of both genders is nicer. I know most mixed gulds tend to be just 10% girls and i can see why that can be an issue.

I would be interested to know how you arrived at this conclusion. Not sure if this is for real.

I guess i´m just hoping that girls dont start forming more guilds.All girl guilds = less girls for the mixed guilds, and there´s not that many girls in the first place.

Either this is a troll post, or you must be new to online gaming.

Edited by Kabjat

I.... don't get why you'd want an all girl guild either... not that I think it would be bad I just don't make an issue out of gender. *shrug* Just a person on the other side of my monitor to me...

Because a lot of guys in MMOs are pigs. And I'm a guy. Seen it a lot firsthand myself. I get along with girls better than guys for this very reason, for while I believe women are beauty and art in motion, I also find they are very pleasant to converse with as well. While they can appreciate the odd bit of crude, sexual humor, they don't like to hear it all the time, and their mindset does not usually revolve around their reproductive organs.

I can barely stand guys my own age, let alone the younger ones. I know only a few guys who are not pigs.

What's really ironic, is that guys act the way they do towards women online, because its how they want to be treated by women, lol.

If they could only stop for a few moments and ask a few women how they like to be treated, which I guess is hard to do when you're being led around by the pants.

Good luck to you, OP.

When i said not that many, it´s all to do with relativity. Compared to guys playing games there´s just not that many girls. Ofc there´s lots of girls playing games and the 10 % was just a number set so low that for the sake of making a point. I´m sure many guilds have alot more than 10% girls, but in a guild with 50% girls i just cant see any problem at all with relation to genders. If some guys are pigs the guildmaster and officers should warn them and if that doesn´t help kick.

I´ve found that the tone of a guild gets nicer with more girls. There´s a pig inside most if not all guys and having girls and "old" persons in your guild helps controling the inner pig in especially the younger guys. Not saying old guys cant be pigs i just find that when people get children they "grow up"

Also, when the tone gets a bit out of hand you need someone to say enough. Parents are good at that. Ofc it´s the officers "job" to do that, but the way i see it, it´s a job all the guild should take part in. If you cant be proud of your guild and the way they act among eachother and among strangers, then do something about it. If nothing helps go find a better guild. The guilds who kick A-holes and pigs do exits.

Im not sure if im posting on the right forum or not but was wondering if there where any all girl guilds? Thought about starting one up but thought this would be the only way to find one.

How would you make sure that you're inviting "real" women into the guild? What exactly would you expect from an all women guild that you wouldn't get from a mature, mixed guild?

Beyond sharing the designation "women", why do you think women would want to join your guild? Is it an RP guild? PvP? End-game PvE? Casual, chatty guild?

Once you get older you realise there actually IS quite alot of females that play the game (or any game for that matter) of all ages. When that happens, you also realise how stupid it was to think otherwise and question people over it. I actually know plenty of females across several games and MMO's that are not only very good at the games, but couldn't care less whether you believed them or not.

What difference does it make if your female or male? If you find it hard to believe then you've got some growing up to do.

justmy2c

I.... don't get why you'd want an all girl guild either... not that I think it would be bad I just don't make an issue out of gender. *shrug* Just a person on the other side of my monitor to me...

Maybe she only likes girls ;)

I've seen articles that have said most MMO's have about 30% girls vs 70% guys populations... Most girls who play MMO's do so because their husbands or BF's play it... Although lately I've noticed a lot more single girls playing MMO's... So who knows...

I can't really see an all girl Guild working out, even in the guilds i've been where that has been 5 or 6 girls in the guild drama seems to rear it's head all the time... not saying guys don't cause drama because they do also.. but when girls do it, it seems to be on a bigger scale :D

Anyways I play with people to do group content and could careless if their female or male, just as long as they know how to play their class.....

Edited by Monoth

lol, yep with the excuse "oh I don't have a mic but i can listen in vent / mumble / team speak"

Ha, funny how it works both ways.

But can easly be spotted.

'damn your rotation is so tight. you fight like a guy' (just joking, don't eat me)

ps.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/gamer-girl-vs-girl-who-plays-video-games.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/SamSlothel/GurlGamer-GamerGirl.jpg

Edited by Atramar

OP:

I'm thinking that unless you're intending to roll a character on a server that already has an all-female player Guild, you'd probably be better off posting to the forum particular to your Server if you're wanting to join or form one.

But as a lot of commenters pointed out either seriously or crudely--although I understand why you'd want to make a single-gendered Guild, actually enacting it might be difficult. "An the internet, no one can tell you're an emu." I could easily see a number of guys pretending to be women just to join the Guild. How will you prove they're women? Voice? And what if you get a transgendered woman with a masculine voice wanting to join up?

It's also a door I'm not sure you want to open up, because I could easily see some men looking at an all-female Guild and deciding there needed to be all-male Guilds as well, and that's the kind of gendered exclusivity I'd rather see go the way of the dodo.

Personally, I run a couple of small casual Guilds which are probably 95% female but that's purely a side effect of social group and atmosphere selectivity than gender discrimination. I'd actually recommend that over 'all-female'.

Ha, funny how it works both ways.

But can easly be spotted.

'damn your rotation is so tight. you fight like a guy' (just joking, don't eat me)

My encounters with players never get as far as voice chat but every time people are convinced I'm a guy because I've learned how to blend in so I don't get bothered :o

My friend tried to pose as a girl once (don't ask) now that did not work XD

Ive a girl guild , on red eclipse ! interested? :D

I didn't know we had one :p what's the name of the guild? I might have seen it around.

Edited by AelixVII

When i said not that many, it´s all to do with relativity. Compared to guys playing games there´s just not that many girls.

That is so funny. I am a real girl and I love games, SW and comics. I dont get why people assume that girls dont game, or have no interest. When I went to a convention one guy asked if I was there to buy stuff for my bf. XD lol. I said - No... just wanted to browse around for ME. And as far as girl guilds, well that depends on the server. I saw one on the Ebon Hawk recently. Helps to know what server you are playing and if you are on the dark or light side of that server.