The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

White Imperial Trooper Armor

SuperGrunt

• 4 weeks later...
Like the Imp Troopers wear on Hoth, also a White modable version of the Imperial Officer Uniform we just got.

They need to put Imperial Trooper Armor on the GTN PERIOD.

Im tired of the argument, "but then us CE would have nothing" - B.S.

If they absolutely refuse to give us the RED Armor, fine, give us white or black armor.

But there are tons of people who will spend money to get this armor set, and they're foolishly wasting that opportunity.

If they absolutely refuse to give us the RED Armor, fine, give us white or black armor.

But there are tons of people who will spend money to get this armor set, and they're foolishly wasting that opportunity.

No they should not allow that. Honestly, if they do add white trooper armor they should add it to the CE vendor.

Indeed, so tired of that argument. Just give us the armors already.

The CE store is credit based anyway. So we still have to buy it for real money. They still get it cheaper.

"But then its not unique anymore!" Good! why should it be? Its annoying to miss special limited time offers and no longer be able to get something in a game like this where you can customize your characters looks.

Don't kill character customizations by limiting great looking armors like this.

Heck a great alternative would be to allow us to buy a digital unlock to the CE store.

They got so much money to earn from this.

Well, you can call it BS, but CE owners did pay for an exclusive store, and those Collector's Editions were in high supply, so there's absolutely no excuse for anyone not purchasing it, than simply not wanting to pay the money. And don't get me wrong, I understand people feeling the cost was steep, but you can't complain when we get something unique for the difference, particularly when everyone knew the CE-exclusive store was the sole reason to purchase a CE.

I'm also tired of the CE argument and I'm actually a CE owner. Yes, we paid for an exclusive armour but (and I am also tired of pointing this out to people) the armour in the CE store is not the only Imperial Trooper armour in the game. No, I'm not talking about colour variations - there is actually a different model.

Go to Corellia. Look at the Imperial troopers on that planet (other places too, but that's the one which springs to mind). The armour they wear is different. It has a totally different helmet. Give us that one on the Cartel Market!

I'm also tired of the CE argument and I'm actually a CE owner. Yes, we paid for an exclusive armour but (and I am also tired of pointing this out to people) the armour in the CE store is not the only Imperial Trooper armour in the game. No, I'm not talking about colour variations - there is actually a different model.

Go to Corellia. Look at the Imperial troopers on that planet (other places too, but that's the one which springs to mind). The armour they wear is different. It has a totally different helmet. Give us that one on the Cartel Market!

Ahh, I've not seen that one then. As long as the model's unique, have at it! Might have to go check it out for myself.

Indeed, so tired of that argument. Just give us the armors already.

The CE store is credit based anyway. So we still have to buy it for real money. They still get it cheaper.

"But then its not unique anymore!" Good! why should it be? Its annoying to miss special limited time offers and no longer be able to get something in a game like this where you can customize your characters looks.

Don't kill character customizations by limiting great looking armors like this.

Heck a great alternative would be to allow us to buy a digital unlock to the CE store.

They got so much money to earn from this.

Go to Amazon, buy CE, get armor, stop complaining.

I would like to refer to the thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606879

Now back on topic.

The Normal Imp trooper armor was a special addition option to those who payed big to play big when the game came out. There are 2 Recolors of this set already, a retro reverse main red, secondary white/black, and the snow trooper white themed set. Not to mention with the long year since the game went dry before free to play, you could grab one for like 50$ compared to the amount I had too, and my Best buy store was practically begging to sell them.

Normal set will almost not likely ever be put in the Cartel Market, and I would hope not either, Especially when they have confirmed an update to the CE vendor for 1.7.2 If anything, I wouldn't be supprised if one of the other 2 recolors or even if Malgus's New Empire trooper set. (completely differerent) would be made available.

Edited by Magnusheart

I think it was stupid to add the normal Imp armour in the CE store to begin with. It should be available to everyone, seeing as it's the most common NPC armour out there. Put the white set into the CE store and trade the black armour out to the CM. I think that's a fair tradeoff.

Coming from a CE owner.

I think it was stupid to add the normal Imp armour in the CE store to begin with. It should be available to everyone, seeing as it's the most common NPC armour out there. Put the white set into the CE store and trade the black armour out to the CM. I think that's a fair tradeoff.

Coming from a CE owner.

It'd still result in the exact same debate. There will always be people craving that which they can not aquire. It's human nature, and it's a good thing, since it fuels progress. Still that does not mean progress should always go in the direction they desire.

No they should not allow that. Honestly, if they do add white trooper armor they should add it to the CE vendor.

No, they should give you guys some other version of some other Armor, not exclusivity to any and every form of Trooper armor.

• 4 weeks later...
Why is this topic still going? The Imperial Makeb Reputation (Champion) set is a White version of the CE set. Oh, and it's BoL:D

From the screen shots I've seen, it seems that the Makeb armour is using a different model for the helmet. IMHO it's actually better than the CE set.

• 2 years later...
You cant seriously *********** expect me to drop over a thousand dollars for some pixels

You can't seriously ************* expect that you are entitled to everything that was ever available in the game, that is currently available in the game or that ever will be available in the game, let alone something that BW promised would be exclusive for CE owner's, simply because you play the game, can you?

Yes, but if they want it black and red they can dye it black and red, they can do it. Or buy the Thul Loyalist set from the gtn which is not which is not that far from the soldier armor aswell.

No, they can't. Because major parts of the armor aren't dyeable and stay white. Which looks like crap.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it almost comical how this armor is available to the Imperial grunts, but not the bigshot heroes of the game (the players). I find it reminiscent of how NPC's can use Plasma Probes at around level 14, while you have to wait until level 41 to get it.

We may not be able to dress like an armored Imperial Soldier, but at least we still have the equipment to look like a Tatooine Imperial Soldier, right? Don't know about you, but there's no way I'm buying some overpriced CE set with money I don't have.