Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

are all classes force sensitive?

Sadishist

That explain why dark/light alignment applies to classes outside Jedi/Sith?

Why can't a trooper not be an evil son/daughter of a b*, and why must an imperial agent be a ruthless killing machine? It is not dark/light in the jedi sense of things, but there is still something along the good/evil axis (or order/chaos if you prefer).

Of course. They are not.

But i get your point - so what about force corruption, right? If they are not force sensitive and light/dark is only about Good/Evil and not Jedi/Sith so why they are corrupted by force and look like hell.

It's a game mechanic vehicle. It's a way to universally show the alignment choices people make. I'm sure people can come up with a non-Force-corruption reason why non-Force users with dark choices look like crap. Me, I can suspend disbelief enough to not need a reason. It's a game, go with it.

Because alignments are not exclusive to certain careers. Its an alignment system here. Everyone has an alignment. Alignment is a reflection of your character's life choices. All people either walk the Light Path, or the Dark Path. The Open Palm, or the Closed Fist. The High Road, or the Low Road. Good or Evil.

I like that this game has an alignment system.

Because it's a game mechanic that if they took away from non Force User classes, people would complain.

Because maybe someone's BH, Trooper, Agent, and/or Smuggler is Force Sensitive (able to survive attacks from Jedis/Sith like they do, not to mention the Legacy system, can give one thoughts that perhaps they are).

But really, it's just part of the game mechanics that they're totally ignoring now anyways.

Like people have said, it's just a cosmetic mechanic. It's probly there so non-force users don't feel left out.

As far as story canon goes...The only one I can confirm thus far is that the Imperial Agent is not force sensitive. At some point in the story (and I don't have a direct quote), when asked why you (the Agent) chose to join Imperial Intelligence the dialogue option I chose made him say something along the lines off... "I was not born force sensitive, so I could not becomes sith. The only other way to rise up in ranks and power was this." (/paraphrase)

Edited by Lionflash

Meh, I turn off dark side corruption unless I'm playing a force user because I think it looks ridiculous for my bounty hunter and my agent. The light/dark mechanic makes sense within the expanded universe though because everyone is on that same sliding scale...it should just effect force users differently. But hey, that's why I can toggle it off. Edited by MCesca

Of course. They are not.

But i get your point - so what about force corruption, right? If they are not force sensitive and light/dark is only about Good/Evil and not Jedi/Sith so why they are corrupted by force and look like hell.

You can turn that option on or off, on if you want your non-jedi/sith to be a Force Sensitive and become physically corrupted by the Dark Side (wish there was a light side aura like there was in KotOR) or turn it off if you just wanna play a run of the mill bad guy/gal. :)

No, but the force is strong with all of them, hence why they are all destined to be great. Han Solo was one of those. Couldn't see or feel it, but man was he strong in it.

You see Boba Fett go on a dark side rage? No.

Dark side and evil are not the same. Light side and good are not the same either. Else all romance options would technically be dark side choices. Emotion is bad.

yepe had the same question over and over but here in forums people have one answer, He is a Force Sensitive but he doesn't know and that is why he gets the red eye and pale skin etc... and that answer is just DUMB because you dont get those effects by only killing or whatever, you need a connection to the darkside of the force otherwise palpatin would have gotten the red eyes and sith corruption when he killed his family...

yes. the way it works is the old man will come and give you a crystal. then you'll be attacked by 2 sith. then you will get the location of the force village on dathomir.

... oops wrong game, thought this was the good star wars one ;)

I lol'd :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.