See whats in the secret cave on TFB!

xViiRGIL

Gates of Ahn'Qiraj and "The Sleeper" were epic events. Things of legend. Sadly we don't have more of them. There should be events like this and content that not everyone can achieve. Like REAL LIFE. Remember these were at one time supposed to simulate IRL after a fasion. What we have now is the mind set that "everyone is special", "everyone should have a chance". I say no, No, and NO to this! In a world where everyone is special, no one is. This way leads to mediocrity. I want to play in a game to escape for this prevailing garbage that has been foisted upon society since Rogerian psychology became the rage: "How does that make you feel!" Hokum I say! :p

I have no problem with a few events or items that are "special". I thought I made that clear.

The reason I didn't like WoW's gate event was the way it was orchestrated. Some guilds even held the keys as ransom. That was nonsense. Blizzard eventually had to open the game themselves on a few servers.

As for the "event" part, its cool that everyone got to see the results. No problem there. My complaint was how it was orchestrated, not the event itself. I hope you can see what I meant. I have no problems (as you saw in my post) with some events or items being hard to achieve. If you didn't get that, re-read it.

Edited by Arkerus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I posted in another thread, I dont think there is a mystery:

Reading this I conclude, the belsavis superboss is the Dreadful Entity, the animation that displays when you activate the orb is a smaller version of the Dreadful Entity. So the code loads the Dreadful Entity and overlays it onto the targeted player. Also the "PlayAppearance" hints at my theory that it plays the animation of the Dreadful Entity, which it does on the targeted player. Also "MaxDuration" is a time frame, does the "Orb" animation last 15 seconds aka 15000 milliseconds. As a code writer, we write time in milliseconds.

Think of it as a Czerka Crate-o-matic.

Appreciate the analysis Miller. I think, given the 23 hour cooldown timer on the item (which is what the amulet had as well) and the fact it says Belsavis world boss - that there may be more to it. TFB is on Asation - not Belsavis. So that would be a pretty big misnomer called the Entity a Belsavis boss. I don't think that they are just connecting it back to the amulet on the name, there - it seems likely it must be something on Belsavis (Which is why I think the TFB theory of recharging the corpse is unlikely).

Appreciate the analysis Miller. I think, given the 23 hour cooldown timer on the item (which is what the amulet had as well) and the fact it says Belsavis world boss - that there may be more to it. TFB is on Asation - not Belsavis. So that would be a pretty big misnomer called the Entity a Belsavis boss. I don't think that they are just connecting it back to the amulet on the name, there - it seems likely it must be something on Belsavis (Which is why I think the TFB theory of recharging the corpse is unlikely).

I really hope there is more to the mystery, but I think the torhead data means what I said. Also, Ilum shares assets with Hoth, so I think the daily belsavis supperboss is a location in the .tor file assets where the data of the Dreadful Entity is located. With the 23 hour cooldown on the item, leads me to believe that you need to apply it to someone (self or boss) and something will happen. I do not beleive the torhead data contains anything relevant and should be ignored. I hope torhead is missing data or Bioware has not installed whatever the orb is supposed to do assuming the 23 hour CD is accurate.

If the sense of accomplishment, in the face of all those challenges you listed, isn't enough for you - then I feel badly for you.

As Carnage GM - I am very proud of what we were able to do and that is enough for me. And actually, we are excited that there is still a mystery to be solved.

And I truly feel bad for you if you believe acquiring a placeholder item, which only attests to the fact how unfinished this game is at every level, is any form of achievement. The real sense of achievement is finishing content that matters, is genuinely difficult and that doesn't rely upon a simple logistics of getting 24 people together (and not actual skills). I do indeed feel bad for the elitists in this game if logistics proves to be the only thing that separates the wheat from the chaff. I'd really like to witness the dwindling of your arrogance and smuggness if you actually knew the situation on TOFN. Some of you really need to wake up if you think it's merely my lack of organizational skills that prevents the completion of this content.

"Hey, guys, let's try really hard and organize 3 guilds together so we can get a placeholder item"

Gotta love Bioware's silence on this one.

And I truly feel bad for you if you believe acquiring a placeholder item, which only attests to the fact how unfinished this game is at every level, is any form of achievement. The real sense of achievement is finishing content that matters, is genuinely difficult and that doesn't rely upon a simple logistics of getting 24 people together (and not actual skills). I do indeed feel bad for the elitists in this game if logistics proves to be the only thing that separates the wheat from the chaff. I'd really like to witness the dwindling of your arrogance and smuggness if you actually knew the situation on TOFN. Some of you really need to wake up if you think it's merely my lack of organizational skills that prevents the completion of this content.

"Hey, guys, let's try really hard and organize 3 guilds together so we can get a placeholder item"

Wow you must really enjoy life and be a pleasure to be around. Grow up.

I have no problem with a few events or items that are "special". I thought I made that clear.

The reason I didn't like WoW's gate event was the way it was orchestrated. Some guilds even held the keys as ransom. That was nonsense. Blizzard eventually had to open the game themselves on a few servers.

As for the "event" part, its cool that everyone got to see the results. No problem there. My complaint was how it was orchestrated, not the event itself. I hope you can see what I meant. I have no problems (as you saw in my post) with some events or items being hard to achieve. If you didn't get that, re-read it.

Understood. I forgot about the "keys" nonsense ( as it was abused by some guilds ). I agree with events not being implemented in that fasion. I see we are in agreement as to the scope of said events and that events of that scope add to a game. :cool:

+1

if you want everyone to be the same, play guild wars 2

And I truly feel bad for you if you believe acquiring a placeholder item, which only attests to the fact how unfinished this game is at every level, is any form of achievement. The real sense of achievement is finishing content that matters, is genuinely difficult and that doesn't rely upon a simple logistics of getting 24 people together (and not actual skills). [so on and so forth]

Everyone can determine what qualifies as an achievement for themselves. For some, gathering a team to take down a World Boss and a Hidden Boss is an achievement. For others, leveling all the way to 50 is an achievement. For you, meaningful content that "matters" is an achievement. Live and let live, friend, and you'll live better for it!

This is funny because I know and speak with Kanre regularly, the GM of Friendly Fire on TOFN. They are a great guild who could definitely do this content.

And I already stated that acquiring the item isn't the sense of achievement.

As for content that "matters" (to you) we have done that as well in our 16 man op.

Edited by Nibbon

Stuff like this is part of what builds a community. There's the fun of knowing there's puzzles and mysteries around in the game, which gets people looking in odd little places, trying different combinations, and WORKING TOGETHER to figure it out.

Then there's the fact that this takes a series of coordinated group efforts to make this happen, which is awesome, and kudos to the groups that pull together those types of players. They make an effort to create cohesive groups and that is a great thing for the community, as it gives players who are looking for new challenges a goal to shoot for.

And just look at the number of people cheering on this group as they figured this out. Singular 'did you see/were you there when' events, stuff to talk about that's going on in game - that builds a sense of community.

Congrats CG :)

This is funny because I know and speak with Kanre regularly, the GM of Friendly Fire on TOFN. They are a great guild who could definitely do this content.

And I already stated that acquiring the item isn't the sense of achievement.

As for content that "matters" (to you) we have done that as well in our 16 man op.

Yay, someone noticed that I am in a great guild :D

We're defo doin' it now that the mystery got solved. I am sure of it.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Despite all of the negative QQ no fair posts, good job Carnage on Completing a galactic mystery. You all confirmed a theory I had discussed with my fellow nerds but never had the solid guild numbers to achieve in house. You have done something that is rare these days, and that's make large raids work.

Well done, I can't wait to review your videos and strats, then yell in the faces of my friends that I was right!

Understood. I forgot about the "keys" nonsense ( as it was abused by some guilds ). I agree with events not being implemented in that fasion. I see we are in agreement as to the scope of said events and that events of that scope add to a game. :cool:

Awesome. Good to know!

I could do better and clarify big events like that are awesome for the whole server. Agreed.

Edited by Arkerus

Speaking as someone who isn't likely to get a group together and get into the secret cave, I still am pleased to see that someone managed to do it. I think it's cool.

A lot of your posts in this thread have been sour, aggressive and disparaging. You seem angry that Bioware spent time doing something that only a few people would be able to get.

I just don't see any value in this general sour grapes attitude. Why not be happy for the people that did it? I've been following the "mystery" of the empty cave, though it was a cool idea, and am happy to see someone figure it out. It's just an easter egg. Something interesting to do.

I thank you for having the live feed of this. Was a great thing to watch.

I just want to know if there is more to this. Kinda seems ..... well..... a little less then what should have been given, for what you guys/gals did.

Do you have any plans for more about this?

Again thank you for taking the time to do this, and to show everyone.