Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy

Agree totally. In the near future I will be moving from the West Coast to the East Coast and would like to be able to transfer to a server with a better connection speed and be mainly with people on at normal East coast times. Hell I would be happy if I could just transfer one character over so I would not have to be stuck with a low level legacy.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/agree

My charaters were on droogas pleasure barge at launch, and out of 6 characters only 1 did not have a forced name change. I need server transfer and renames. In a RP game, very important.

NO to renames, YES to transfers.

We're all used to $25 transfers...multiply that by the thousands of people waiting and it seems silly for them to turn their backs on that much dosh.

They may not care, might be making plenty and not need the $$s.

While I do believe the game is very profitable, there is no way that they are making so much money that they just don't want any more.

Patch 2.1: Customization seems like a good place to add server transfers in...but it seems unlikely at this point. Seems like we should just give up on waiting.

Augh..But I have 2 50s on another server I could easily rename and reskin on my rp server.. Grrr

I'm in the same boat -- I have a 50 on a different server from all my friends, but I can't even just recreate them on a different server -- this one has pets from the Rakghoul event (and there's no way to get those again), and a title from the Chevin event... and those are part of the character. If those events repeated (and I've heard rumors to that effect, but never seen anything concrete), I'd just do the events over with a duplicate on the proper server, and work on leveling up the alt, but... until I could get the pets and title again, it'd be a poor copy.

Same here. Currently playing on a different server than my original BH just to play with friends.

It would be really nice to have him on this server. I doubt it will happen any time soon though, I mean this is bioware we are talking about.

When the copy to PTS was happening it didn't transfer over the cartel unlocks so they need to implement the cartel market on the PTS and then test the copy character process.

I sure wish a dev would comment on server transfers. A lot of people want this to happen.

When the copy to PTS was happening it didn't transfer over the cartel unlocks so they need to implement the cartel market on the PTS and then test the copy character process.

I sure wish a dev would comment on server transfers. A lot of people want this to happen.

Hmm I didn't know that. I thought they had it pretty well working by the end of the PTS period.

Up.

This thread should be ABOVE ALL. And making server transfers like a PASS in the cartel market (like the secret world did) Is a great Idea. They could gain a lot of money after just one week. The thing that they haven't introduced them yet, makes me think that they don't know how to make a working server transfer system, otherwise there aren't any explainations.

Edited by Xarimath

Up.

This thread should be ABOVE ALL. And making server transfers like a PASS in the cartel market (like the secret world did) Is a great Idea. They could gain a lot of money after just one week. The thing that they haven't introduced them yet, makes me think that they don't know how to make a working server transfer system, otherwise there aren't any explainations.

But they have already done them...

I see people mention how there were problems with the PTS character copy, which I don't doubt. But when I transferred my characters in the first round of server merges (it was called "optional" free character transfers initially), it was so easy and so smooth for me. I simply went to the character transfers page in my account, made my selections, and bam! Just minutes later, my character was on her new server, with all her stuff and extra storage unlocks intact, and I received a confirmation email for each one. I think there were some issues with guilds in that round, and mail didn't transfer with you, and I'd guess that the cartel market unlocks might complicate matters a little. But this was last summer; it went so well I was sure they'd get a transfer service up soon!

Hopefully, it just got put on hold for the F2P conversion, and then they decided it would be wise to churn out some fun fluffy stuff to keep the masses happy before getting server transfers ready. I do wish a dev would post something in English to either confirm or deny what that German fansite says. Crossing my fingers that they start talking about it next week after 2.1 hits. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.