SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually somewhat heartened by what they said on the APAC server note, since it seems to imply the server transfer techonolgy bugs are being squashed.

Getting to the point of being able to merge the servers is going to be a multistep process. First off we need to update our Free Character Transfer System to include the game changes that we have made recently along with the upcoming changes in Game Update 2.0 and the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:

So, to me that implies that once they're secure enough with the server transfer process to open it up for the APAC exodus, they should be able to open up a paid char transfer service.

Bump of the Day!

I would love to get all my toons on another server, i made a mistake of leveing my main on the ebon hawk, i did not think that it would be an issue, but the lag in pvp and at weekends kills me ( UK player )

on the euro servers i have 30ms ping but on the ebon hawk during the week 100ms and at weekends and busy times 130+ and thats if i don't get kicked, Double XP Weekends.... yea right 30 mins then the 20000ms and kicked.... yeaaa. not

Edited by UltraVixen

I gave up on this. Wanting it just gets my hopes up. It is never going to happen face it. Not even 1 reply to this thread from bioware. Enough said.

Yes how sad. This is some thing I been wanting since they forced transferred me at the time my mains. I now play on Harbinger, but I want all my 50's on one server.

I gave up on this. Wanting it just gets my hopes up. It is never going to happen face it. Not even 1 reply to this thread from bioware. Enough said.

It would be a PR disaster if they never implemented this in a long line of PR disasters, and would probably cause a very significant drop in subscription numbers.

I remain optimistic that the free transfers for APAC players will also coincide with paid transfers becoming available for everyone. At the moment the first APAC player transfers sucessfully we'll know for 100% certain that there are no technological impediments for this and it simply becomes a decision on BW's part. We're talking about transferring characters to join up with other characters on your account, so even if you're going to a high-pop server there shouldn't be an impact on server crowding since you can only play one char at a time.

Seriously Bioware this is getting absolutely ridiculous now, implement the bloody thing already so we can consolidate our characters that are spread across multiple servers.

Allot of people when they first started joined with friends on other servers and for me that was on a US server, you guys failed to keep allot of people and the game was dying fast, allot of people left and allot of communities and guilds disbanded, leaving us trapped on servers.

Now the game is free-to-play and things have settled down you need to enable paid character transfers.

You will get allot of easy money to sustain the game and if you spent less time with stupid cartel market stuff and listening to the community more and the core people who supported you from day 1 everyone will enjoy their time here.

Get it sorted.

Oh and i'm still seeing the same bugs from open beta, with companions not re appearing after you get off your speeder.

Also the lagg in PvP has gradually got worse over time, you need to optimize the engine you bought properly cause it's a very poor game engine, back in open beta/first few months of the game, warzone run smoothly on medium settings with an average computer, now i have a far superior computer and everything but warzones run smoothly.

I haven't logged on for a while because the lack of server transfers, what's the point of legacy if I can't have my characters together and what's the point of being on two different servers lmao.

I am not at this point yet, but it is very frustrating. Double XP has at least helped a little in that I have been able to unlock some of the legacy unlocks that I had over on my old server pretty quickly, but still.

The game is over a year old, and still has no character transfer service. How is that NOT an April Fool's joke? :(

Yeh their excuse was that they want to let servers populate themselves and not disrupt the economy of the servers.

Well.... we've had free character transfers across selected servers, then we had complete consolidation and merges of servers. Did it have a major impact on the servers, community or economy? Very minor if that

I would bet that most of the people who want to transfer already are not playing on the server they want to transfer away from anyways...I think that point is pretty much BS.

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that point 5 months ago...but its far too late for that.

I would bet that most of the people who want to transfer already are not playing on the server they want to transfer away from anyways...I think that point is pretty much BS.

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that point 5 months ago...but its far too late for that.

Exactly, their excuse in the character, population and you blog was very weak, populations are still effected by the lack of server transfers anyway. Bioware wants everyone to enjoy the expansion but I won't even get the chance to because of their lack of comprehension. When I say populations are still effected anyway, I mean exactly what it says not a threat, its already effected.

Edited by Jonoku

Exactly, their excuse in the character, population and you blog was very weak, populations are still effected by the lack of server transfers anyway. Bioware wants everyone to enjoy the expansion but I won't even get the chance to because of their lack of comprehension. When I say populations are still effected anyway, I mean exactly what it says not a threat, its already effected.

I agree, i have 2 characters on a server that a guild from a previous game started on, when they all quit i switched to a server that had a lower ping, now that ive gotten a few characters leveled up i would like to get my level 40 something gunslinger and guardian moved over so that i dont feel like im missing something in my legacy tab.

Bioware: I will pay you money for this service! This can only be good for your bottom line! Shut up and take my money!

It continues to be mind-boggling insane that this service does not exist yet, and that there has not been any update from anyone typing in yellow about this. This is a BASIC service in a multi-server MMO. It would be be bad enough if Legacy didn't exist, but adding the advantages from Legacy that accrue from having your characters on the same server, makes it egregious.

Come on BW, you need to provide some sort of update. This thread continues to be the most viewed Cartel suggestion thread w/o yellow text by far.

It continues to be mind-boggling insane that this service does not exist yet, and that there has not been any update from anyone typing in yellow about this. This is a BASIC service in a multi-server MMO. It would be be bad enough if Legacy didn't exist, but adding the advantages from Legacy that accrue from having your characters on the same server, makes it egregious.

Come on BW, you need to provide some sort of update. This thread continues to be the most viewed Cartel suggestion thread w/o yellow text by far.

Agreed. It is really ridiculous that they don't even have an update about it for us.

The game NEEDS server transfer options and it needs a character name change service. What pisses me off is that after taking a break from the game and coming back, I had to rename all my characters despite probably having my names first as I got them when the game launched. There is no random name generator option for anything but new characters which sucks. So out of frustation you end up just trying every name you can think of until the damn game lets you load your character. This is more frustating if you have multiple characters.

I would gladly pay real money for character name changes. **** it would be a great opportunity as a service / item on the Cartel Market.

/agree

My charaters were on droogas pleasure barge at launch, and out of 6 characters only 1 did not have a forced name change. I need server transfer and renames. In a RP game, very important.

I am very surprised (and getting annoyed) that we don't have this yet, or at least some loose time frame for it being implemented. I really want to move to another server type, but don't want to lose all the benefits of my Legacy by splitting up my characters and making my newer ones on the server that I want to move to.

It suuuure would be helpful to know what kind of pricing they will be using. If it is something like $25 a character, I feel like I should just abandon my lower level characters and wait to make new ones 'cause that will add up quick. :( I'm hoping they offer some sort of "package deal" for people that want to transfer several characters/whole legacies.