The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Luke Skywalker's RoTJ outfit & Anakin's RoTS outfit

Master-Nala

Luke's RotJ outfit should include the cloak he wore entering Jabba's palace (hood down!), otherwise it looks to similar to other armor in the game.

As far as a Jedi wearing black:

I have always viewed Luke's choice to wear black as a badge of valor and experience, similar to Windu's purple lightsaber; representing their knowledge and strength overcoming the Dark Side. Not for the same reason a Sith would wear black. Because all Sith think they're the baddest on the block. The difference is, Luke IS actually a bad *** - minus the obvious weakness of the Sith and their attraction to the Dark Side.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Part of me would love this, part of me would hate this:

Love because those are both great outfits and I'd almost certainly buy both.

Hate because once they start mixing time frames it's a slippery slope between destroying all lore. Before we know it the Death Star will be playable planet :rolleyes:

What they really need is good quality gear sets that have these same feels but are not exact copies.

I have no problem with a mmo having a cash shop. I have no problem with the packs and their randomness. But some thing should just be available in game and these are two of those things.

I say this as someone who's spent plenty in the cash shop. But these are iconic star wars outfits! They should be made available to players just for playing! And the sooner the better.

I like the idea but I am not sure I would pay for them and I suspect this is the big point of these threads. They want to know what I would pay for not just what I think would be nice. Now 100 bucks is next to nothing I go through that on a friday night out but still I would look at an outfit and think do I really want that and think probably not I cant be bother to blow the 100K on taking out augments and losing the tinonese matching set benefits and spending 600K on redoing augments etc. I think they will need to add easier ways to move mods over to new cartel market gear to kep people buying it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah... I doubt this fashion trend was available 2000+ years ago, come on. This /pushes/ it.

and I doubt that slave outfits were available for sith at any time.

People should be able to look like whatever they want, and Bioware is clearly working towards that. Eg the rebel pilot's outfit from a new hope is already there.

For those reasons, I support this idea, and add the possibility of other outfits:

Grand Moff Tarkin's IA outfit

Darth Vader's SW outfit (an absolute must)

Han Solo's and Lando Calrissian's smuggler outfits

several styles of clone trooper's armor from both trilogies and the clone wars tv show, including Commander Cody's, etc. for troopers

Boba Fett's armour, Jango Fett's armour, Death Watch armour, and the armour from that female BH in revenge trailer for BH

Darth Sidious and Darth Maul's armour for SI (I think that was already mentioned)

some more classic jedi costumes (Ben Kenobi from a new hope, mace windu, and others)

and finally, a pet that is the same species as yoda.

Perhaps they could make this available for Star Wars day May 4th.