The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How speeding on a speeder would feel faster!

Avalance_Ozz

Dont you think that driving with a speeder is feeling a little bit "slow"?

There is a simple but beautiful solution to this and i would be happy if the devs have a look on this.

Just add some extra effects like following. You can also put it in the options so everyone who doesnt like them can turn it off.

here some examples:

Now, the second example is a bit extreme and too much. I mean a little less, more like the last example wich is actually indeed a bit extreme as well... but you will know how to put the right amount of the effect to the speeders!

So if you like it, sign it :)

I know its a small thing but i think it has an huge impact on the "feeling" of "speeding" :)

Greetzs Ozz

I agree with the OP and the suggestion above. They should have at least a marginal increase in speed, and the motion effects would help. I think most importantly, and most difficult to implement, is the idea of the speeder accelerating to the desired speed. As it is, it literally just multiplies your movement speed by 110% and moves at that pace. There is no feeling of it surging forward and gradually getting to that speed. Of course, this is such a small feature that I doubt it would be implemented.

I also still think that crashing into an obstacle should blow up the speeder and kill the driver, just like in the original trilogy. I have little hope for that to ever happen though, but it's at the top of my list for upgrades to the speeders.

I also still think that crashing into an obstacle should blow up the speeder and kill the driver, just like in the original trilogy. I have little hope for that to ever happen though, but it's at the top of my list for upgrades to the speeders.

I doubt many people would consider your speeder actually being able to kill you an "upgrade" :p

This effect would need to come with faster speeders, which not got going to happen anytime soon. I don't really care about faster speeders at this point. Worlds are so small I don't really need a faster one.

I would love to see swoop/speeder racing mini game on the other hand where they can give us that feel of speed :rolleyes: Imagine: tournaments, upgrading your speeder, custom paint...

Its called Motion Blur. If they use it with hero engine , you require a supercomputer to be able to play swtor at 20 fps. Its slowest , hardest thing to render. I rendered my graduation project animation ( only 1.20 minutes ) in a week. Main reason was motion blur. Edited by kijthae

Its called Motion Blur. If they use it with hero engine , you require a supercomputer to be able to play swtor at 20 fps. Its slowest , hardest thing to render. I rendered my graduation project animation ( only 1.20 minutes ) in a week. Main reason was motion blur.

Thanks for the Naming :) I didnt know that, just the feeling.

I really dont know how to implement it into this Game but i do think that there is a way. There are alot Games wich have better graphics than swtor wich have this effect and they dont break my computer (i have a middle class computer from 2011)

So maybe there is a way. The Devs just have to try it out, and actually see this Thread

/push

Its called Motion Blur. If they use it with hero engine , you require a supercomputer to be able to play swtor at 20 fps. Its slowest , hardest thing to render. I rendered my graduation project animation ( only 1.20 minutes ) in a week. Main reason was motion blur.

Motion Blur is not the slowest or hardest thing to render in a game, at all. Comparing video rendering and game rendering are like comparing apples and oranges

Some changes to the handling of the speeders would help, like adding in some acceleration, and some elevation off the ground as you accelerate. At the moment speeders hug the ground so much that every little bump is reflected in the actual motions of the speeder, making it feel like its attached to the ground. Some speeders actually touch the ground.

I think the current speed of mounts may be a conscious design decision to artificially make the worlds feel bigger. The best compromise would be to add in a "boost" feature which would give you a huge speed boost while on your speeder for a short time. Add to this some lens flare effects on the engine thrusters to signify top speed, and some cool "woosh" sounds effects.

Current speeder speed is NOT speedy.

In fact I think a walmart electric chair/cart would beat a SWTOR speeder with 2 jet engines attached, how sad is that?

They need to change their names from speeder to slower..

On certain quests you pick up NPC's that tag along and they can RUN as fast as my "speeder" goes. Now that is sad.