James Ohlen: "Makeb is not an expansion"

Eszi

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seriously think you are going to level from 50-55 in five hours?

Same people will run out and try to get all 5 levels as quickly as possible. And for what? So others can see they hit top level before anyone else. For some unknown reason they actually believe other players will see this as some great feat or that they will care and be in awe of them. A few weeks later, they'll again be complaining they have nothing new to do.

Never fails.

Edited by RikHar

Same people will run out and try to get all 5 levels as quickly as possible. And for what? So others can see they hit top level before anyone else. For some unknown reason they actually believe other players will see this as some great feat or that they will care and be in awe of them. A few weeks later, they'll again be complaining they have nothing new to do.

Never fails.

I will hurry thrgouh this because i am not a big fan of leveling, i enjoy playing the game and just doing stuff.

I would be happy if they created new questlines and offered rewards and shineys rather than levels but that is just me.

Edited by kirorx

I think I am in the same place as a lot of people I have 6 lv 50 toons. This means I would have to play similar content (yes I dont have it as bad as some I have Rep and Imp) over and over again to level each one. It has taken me over a year to get 6 toons to lv 50 because there is so much repetative missions and quests and dialog so I need a long break between each one. I am actually not looking forward to the grind but suspect to keep enjoying end game content I will have to.

I am also concerned that with the level cap rise there will be serious issues with the old end game content and the new end game content. Will I be locked out of lv 50 hard modes when I hit lv 55 and be force to play nightmare modes? Will there be enough lv 50 and lv 55 to allow me to find groups easily? And of course the big question that we are assured wont be an issue but I am sure will all the gear I have grinded for will it become pointless and obsolete starting the grind again?

it is just a planet story, like illum is.

In itself the illum storyline was ok, but I found it was lacking in cohesion with the class stories that were in their interludes.

A few references here and there in the dialogue as to my status, but it made little sense to ask the same missions from:

- the Emperor's Wrath, the powerful enforcer of his Will and strong enough to be indepent from the Dark Council powerschemes

- a Darth, member of the dark council, risen from slavery to one of the most powerful position in sith society with her cult of followers, a network of supporters within the Empire navy and the army.

- some gal noone ever heard of (imperial agent who deleted all records of her existence), with Imperial Intelligence dismantled (the agent has possibly more knowledge and control over every living sentient than anyone in the galaxy)

- the best bounty hunter in the galaxy with a price tag to match ("go fetch me the ammunition chests we lost, we'll pay you!" goes really well with him...)

- the most powerful Jedi Master in generations, the General Commander of all the Jedi strike force on Correlia, who managed to strike at the heart of the Empire and "killl" the Emperor himself.

- the Barsen'thor, a power not seen in generations either and member of the Jedi council, who forged mighty alliances and rallied armies with her unparalleled diplomatic skills to save the Republic.

- the new kingpin of the galaxy underworld, consort to the heir to the throne of Dubrilion, who commands several pirate fleets

- a Major of the Republic army with the most elite combat team in all Republic space, who accomplished more vital impossible missions in the war than any other outfit and came back alive to tell them.

So I don't think the planet story will be coherent with the class stories...

There not gouging ... but their charging. :rolleyes:

*sigh* ...

Man.. I hate being nitpicky but..

If you nitpick someone else, at least nitpick correctly.

There not gouging

Their not charging..

They are gouging or charging, also written as: They're gouging or charging.

Not that there is any agreement from my part with either statement or their posters, as they're not correct and complete in my opinion.

Edited by Devlonir

Man.. I hate being nitpicky but..

If you nitpick someone else, at least nitpick correctly.

There not gouging

Their not charging..

They are gouging or charging, also written as: They're gouging or charging.

Not that there is any agreement from my part with either statement or their posters, as they're not correct and complete in my opinion.

The guy was quoting the famous ea CEO speech about micro transactions and how they sell mini clips for a dollar, the guy calls the consumers "not very price sensitive" when they are deep into gameplay

The clip is on youtube

Incidentally, I found the original survey from last May (prior to the Ohlen interview) where it refers to Makeb as a paid expansion. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

Sorry if it was posted before, this thread is getting a bit long.

Not sure where that came from but this would be the first time I have read anything that mentions an ewok companion or Luke's episode 4 speeder

Not sure where that came from but this would be the first time I have read anything that mentions an ewok companion or Luke's episode 4 speeder

I remember this going around all the sites around last spring, not really sure if the speeder is still in the works or canceled/postponed.

Or, some of those items may not have really been in the works, but they were just creating an example and trying to get a feel for what kind of items seemed more appealing/worth paying for (pets v. mounts v. free game time v. early access etc..) for the purpose of the survey.

Personally, I'd prefer that they don't put stuff in the game that doesn't really exist in the current storyline anyway. I mean, I know you can say "well, we already have a lot of the same exact technology", but, Luke's speeder specifically, or Ewoks? seems kind of out of place.

Edited by chuixupu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.