AOE stuns ridiculous

Cretinus

I'm quite new to SWTOR PvP and I don't know the name of every single style, or which class is actually producing it. But this AOE stun & smash crap where the whole group is out of combat for 6 secs again and again and again, and it doesn't break with dmg and every single fight is about being stunned or CCed and geting killed while CCed because the crap doesn't even break with dmg..... well ... this ain't no fun. This has to be fixed, nobody wants to spend 3/4 of the WZ time in some stun.

I'm quite new to SWTOR PvP and I don't know the name of every single style, or which class is actually producing it. But this AOE stun & smash crap where the whole group is out of combat for 6 secs again and again and again, and it doesn't break with dmg and every single fight is about being stunned or CCed and geting killed while CCed because the crap doesn't even break with dmg..... well ... this ain't no fun. This has to be fixed, nobody wants to spend 3/4 of the WZ time in some stun.

According to BW metrics they do.

As someone who is not new to SWTOR PVP, I agree completely with the spirit of what you said. At least one dev did fairly recently acknowledge the problem of too much cc. But the changes implemented actually made it a bit worse. Maybe Makeb and the +5 levels will mix things up.

There are two culprits responsible for what you described. You have your aoe smashers, jedi knights and sith warriors, which cause the aoe damage. The aoe is due to the sorcerer or sage bubble spec, which is a healer or a dot dps. A bubble spec player only needs to cast their bubble onto a player or themselves and when the bubble buff timer expires, damaged by player to cause it to expire, or buff is removed by the player an aoe stun hits every one around that player. Technically, the aoe stun is bugged and doesn't apply the correct amount of resolve.

If I remember right that aoe bubble stun used to break on damage a long time ago. I could be wrong, but I remember using it and it would break as soon as some used an aoe.

Both smash and stun spec are op and will probably be nerf.

There are two culprits responsible for what you described. You have your aoe smashers, jedi knights and sith warriors, which cause the aoe damage. The aoe is due to the sorcerer or sage bubble spec, which is a healer or a dot dps. A bubble spec player only needs to cast their bubble onto a player or themselves and when the bubble buff timer expires, damaged by player to cause it to expire, or buff is removed by the player an aoe stun hits every one around that player. Technically, the aoe stun is bugged and doesn't apply the correct amount of resolve.

If I remember right that aoe bubble stun used to break on damage a long time ago. I could be wrong, but I remember using it and it would break as soon as some used an aoe.

Both smash and stun spec are op and will probably be nerf.

Smuggler/Imp Agent and their 8 second instacast ranged AOE mez is as good as a stun since you get a minimum of 1 free attack on them while they are crippled and/or are able to rig them for a massive burst as you break their mez.

The AOE smash & stun is aggravated by lag. Sometimes I don't even know whether I'm in a stun or simply having lag. And there are also players that seem to be able to produce lag. Yesterday I came to fight a Jedi a couple of times in different WZs and each time he jumped on me I was sitting in a lag. Actually, each time he appeared there was lag. In combination with the natural lag and with the smash & stun festival... well... it's like watching paint dry. PvP needs some serious fixing. Edited by Cretinus

Yeah, stuns are out of control, stuns, roots, mezz, slows, whatever they are, there are way, way, too many in this game, if you want to keep them all in the game, then each and all of them need to give 100% resolve or you need a stun break on a 10 sec cooldown or something.

so you have no clue what you're talking about, but you're complaining anyways? lol

so you have no clue what you're talking about, but you're complaining anyways? lol

Yeah, funny, ololol. Cause to see that the whole group is stunned 3/4 of the time, one needs to be a PvP pro, otherwise it's not visible, hmmm? lol

Edited by Cretinus