The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the devs should have made the characters whatever they planned to make them from the start. Kaliyo for instace seems to have been bi, as well as DS Jaesa.

Was there any who seemed purely SG? Maybe a couple. I'm sure it never would've felt enough to a few people. :p Could be why they kept it out?

Word was also that they kept it out for the same reason Mass Effect didn't have any homosexuality in 1-2 (Liara doesn't count, she's an alien)... because they had a developer on the staff that was adamantly against it (and Liara being an alien is pretty much the reason given why a female Shepard that hooks up with her isn't a lesbian). There are some rumors that Lucas himself was against it, which might or might not be true. Either way, that developer is gone with Mass Effect 3 and Lucas sold the company to Disney, so either way... Nobody is left to stop them now.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Word was also that they kept it out for the same reason Mass Effect didn't have any homosexuality in 1-2 (Liara doesn't count, she's an alien)... because they had a developer on the staff that was adamantly against it (and Liara being an alien is pretty much the reason given why a female Shepard that hooks up with her isn't a lesbian). There are some rumors that Lucas himself was against it, which might or might not be true. Either way, that developer is gone with Mass Effect 3 and Lucas sold the company to Disney, so either way... Nobody is left to stop them now.

I always took the Liara (never played the game only heard mention) was because "Oh! Hey! Male fantasy! Whoot!"

....that is....pretty horrible reason to say that femshep that romance Liara is not a lesbian to be honest.....who said that?

Liara might be an alien, but she does look very much like female human. Hell I will go as far as to say they have if not the same very similar anatomy...

....but ME have the same problem as swtor for aliens...they/most of them are just humans with different paint job...or some additional parts....

...maybe if Wrex turned to be female (same voice ofcourse) and we could romance her then femShep is safe....but ''Liara doesn't count because she is an alien''...honestly *** were you thinking....

...oh come on - THAT is censored..../sigh....I understand if the whole word....oh whatever:)

I always took the Liara (never played the game only heard mention) was because "Oh! Hey! Male fantasy! Whoot!"

If you don't have any reason why you missed the game I advice you to give it a try...it is very good RPG (tho second and third installment it turns a little shooter).

Edited by Saelinne

According to Bioware, Juhani in KOTOR was definitely axed as a fully fledged lesbian romance option by LucasArts, which felt homosexuality was inappropriate for Star Wars, and they almost forced Bioware to completely remove Juhani as a companion.

According to Bioware, Juhani in KOTOR was definitely axed as a fully fledged lesbian romance option by LucasArts, which felt homosexuality was inappropriate for Star Wars, and they almost forced Bioware to completely remove Juhani as a companion.

Still goes back to the feeling it was "You know what the boys would like? Lesbian option!"

but why...... why are you still talking about it? do you want adjustments? more or less? inter-species hanky panky? why???

You aren't going to appreciate our reasons by the sounds of it, so do yourself a favor and leave this thread. There's nothing for you here.

but why...... why are you still talking about it? do you want adjustments? more or less? inter-species hanky panky? why???

You get that the thread is still right there for reading, right? Jump back ten pages and follow the discussion. Not hard.

I thought it was because we had cool discussions, but I guess everyone else is in it for the glory :p

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome, by arguing on an online forum. Sounds legit.

I just came back from a 16 month break from the game and i'm sad they STILL haven't added same sex romance(s) for class stories. . . i know there are very few flirt options post 50 class stories. . . but this is an RPG and i think it'd fit. . .

i.e... many men in real life play female avatars and so on. . . adding same sex romances would just expand the fantasy and main premise of an RPG. . . just do it already :D wouldn't be too hard. . . i'm sure you have enough of the recordings from the original same sex romances to change/add the right pronoun :D

not only would adding this be a great feature it'd help people out who really dislike their ONLY romance options, since many classes only get ONE person to romance . . .not everyone's a Sith Warrior who can pick between two people :(

Hey now! I love both Lana and Theron! Would have been nice to have continued with the Makeb ones, but that seems to have never been in the cards.

That will be very interesting way they could go...I won't mind if they introduce few non-companion romances that are full romance arcs that require us to visit/return to the planet from time to time....

That will be very interesting way they could go...I won't mind if they introduce few non-companion romances that are full romance arcs that require us to visit/return to the planet from time to time....

Neither would I... my sniper would certainly visit Lord Cytharat's house on occasion. :D

Neither would I... my sniper would certainly visit Lord Cytharat's house on occasion. :D

I would definitely not object to either Cytharat or Lemda Avesta returning, and having their romances expanded to match others in the game. Both interesting characters who were not given enough time in the game.

I sort of felt I only got half the story with Lemda... Though I haven't finished the Cytharat romance enough to comment on his.

(Only problem is, all of my ladies then went on to romance Lana... *sigh*)