The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

TL;DR - They're revamping in some way the 1-60 questing experience. Wouldn't it be nice if they added in SGR stuff, even if companions are otherwise untouched?

That was not a question? Are they planning to....touch on the 1-50/60 or was that a wishful thinking? And IMO if they decide to work on 1-60 it will not be a waste because it will add to the replayability(?) of the game and I trust many people will replay/play from level 1 once again (tho maybe story interested people already do that.....?).

Edited by Saelinne

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not a question? Are they planning to....touch on the 1-50/60 or was that a wishful thinking? And IMO if they decide to work on 1-60 it will not be a waste because it will add to the replayability(?) of the game and I trust many people will replay/play from level 1 once again (tho maybe story interested people already do that.....?).

Are you referring to my grammar? That was clearly phrased as a question expecting an affirmative answer. If you're referring to my statement about the 1-60 revamp preceding it, indeed it was no question. They have confirmed they are changing it in some way, but, and I quote "no Cataclysm-like changes".

Although it may be too much to hope that they'd slip in some minor dialogue changes to add in SGR in the original stories.

Edited by Diviciacus

Finished Corso's affection arc on my lady smuggler this morning, and thankfully there aren't any flirt prompts in the last couple of conversations.

Seriously, though, he feels like a Nice Guy who writes on the Star Wars version of reddit about how he's such a nice guy and a red pill and that ice cold queen bee refuses to see him for the great guy that he is the worthess whore and what could she possibly see in Lemda Avesta or Lana Beniko when the perfect guy is already on her ship and waiting for her.

I'm pretty sure Corso makes no moves on the female smuggler unless she flirts with him first.

I'm pretty sure Corso makes no moves on the female smuggler unless she flirts with him first.

He does. Nothing direct, but Corso does flirt with the lady smuggler from very early on and [Flirt] prompts appear from the very first companion conversation with him up until 9k or so affection.

Are you referring to my grammar? That was clearly phrased as a question expecting an affirmative answer. If you're referring to my statement about the 1-60 revamp preceding it, indeed it was no question. They have confirmed they are changing it in some way, but, and I quote "no Cataclysm-like changes".

Although it may be too much to hope that they'd slip in some minor dialogue changes to add in SGR in the original stories.

My guess is that it will have something to do with making class quests give 12x xp on a more permanent basis, eliminating planetary quests or rolling them into the class experience somehow... but nothing overwhelmingly comprehensive, so don't expect any changes to companions pre-50.

They've been around in Star Wars a lot longer than that, actually. The first gay characters in Star Wars were a couple of happily married Mandalorian men in one of the old books, then Juhani and Belaya in Knights of the Old Republic. :)

It's the other way around. Juhani actually predates Medrit and Goran by three years.

My guess is that it will have something to do with making class quests give 12x xp on a more permanent basis, eliminating planetary quests or rolling them into the class experience somehow... but nothing overwhelmingly comprehensive, so don't expect any changes to companions pre-50.

I wasn't referring to companions - I mean, that would be a lot of work, especially for companions that might start pushing daisies. I originally thought of it in the context of the Imperial Agent. There's a LOT of wasted seduction-to-further-the-mission-goals opportunity by having all 1-50 content heterosexual only. I know it's too much to hope that they'd do anything more than tweak mechanics, but a guy can dream :p

He does. Nothing direct, but Corso does flirt with the lady smuggler from very early on and [Flirt] prompts appear from the very first companion conversation with him up until 9k or so affection.

Getting flirt prompts doesn't mean that he's flirting with you. Especially not throughout his entire conversation arc.

Edited by OldVengeance

Getting flirt prompts doesn't mean that he's flirting with you. Especially not throughout his entire conversation arc.

I have to agree. Being offered flirt prompts doesn't mean Corso is flirting with you.

On the other hand, maybe some of his lines come across that way? I wouldn't know, I didn't use him all that extensively with my scoundrel, and my 'slinger, who did use him a lot until he got Treek, is male.

I think what Vadess means is that those two relationships were never actually canon. But Disney straight up said that all post-takeover works - whatever media they may be - are canon. So good old Moff Mors makes homosexuality canon within Star Wars.

That's the novel I was referring to :)

I have to agree. Being offered flirt prompts doesn't mean Corso is flirting with you.

On the other hand, maybe some of his lines come across that way? I wouldn't know, I didn't use him all that extensively with my scoundrel, and my 'slinger, who did use him a lot until he got Treek, is male.

Well I only mention it because my Smuggler was also a female, and I had been made aware of the fact that even innocently flirting with him once could trigger his romance and he'd act like you were dating. So I was careful to avoid doing that and, as a result, I felt that she and him had a pretty good platonic relationship. I'm about 75% through his conversation tree now, but I didn't really see any kind of awkwardness or friction in their friendship.

He still doesn't like it when the female smuggler flirts with people during the main story, but it's not quite the same as what you'd get if you are romancing him, so I interpreted that as him being overprotective rather than jealous.

Edited by OldVengeance

Yes, Eric Musco himself said here (bottom of page 1): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8160487

He still doesn't like it when the female smuggler flirts with people during the main story, but it's not quite the same as what you'd get if you are romancing him, so I interpreted that as him being overprotective rather than jealous.

Why couldn't it be both?

Sorry, my fault, I misread the 12 part, 12 commendations for most class missions, and other perks we got on April 28th with 3.2 etc stay, 12x XP ends October 19th, before 4.0 comes live October 27th, when, hopefully, SGRs roll on. Edited by sentientomega

Why is this still an issue or even a thread?

Because it's still an issue.

Look they are not going to go back and mess with the original content. Let that boat sail. In ROTHC and in SOR there is flirting and whatnot for the same gender. Infact I feel it's a little forced. And in the content going further there probably will be same gender stuff.

Just let it go.

No.

Infact I feel it's a little forced.

Let me guess. The fact that an SGR flirt option even comes up seems to..., what's the word?

Oh yes!

..."offend" you, in some way, simply because the option's available?

The number of times male comps and NPCs in 1-50 try to jump down your female character's throat, and you have the nerve to tell us that SGR feels forced?

You know as well as I do that RotHC and SoR SGRs are strictly player-initiated, so don't come that.

Face facts, it's people like you who, when you come along, keep the issue alive.

Edited by sentientomega

The point I was making wat that in future content you are gettin what you want. Be happy you won. The older content they are not going to change because it makes no financial sense for bioware to waste money changing content to satisfy a very small minority.

The point I was making wat that in future content you are gettin what you want. Be happy you won. The older content they are not going to change because it makes no financial sense for bioware to waste money changing content to satisfy a very small minority.

Not a very small minority, and you're also overlooking all the straight players who take same-sex flirt prompts and romances. Even beyond the adolescent boys getting off on girl-on-girl, there are plenty of straight players who take those options on some characters.

It wouldn't even be a large amount of editing to be done if Bioware does revise existing companion romances to be hero-sexual as one option. They'll be getting the VAs back in anyway for the expansion.

Beyond that, your argument is just the usual "Don't spend money on X thing I don't enjoy because it clearly offers nothing to the game, spend money on Y thing I do enjoy because it's clearly important to the game!" charade.

Look it's not that I care for it or not. It's just with any company putting out new content, going back and changing big things is a waste of man hours and money. Look you and people with your opinion won. I would have liked the option to refuse certain companions. But bioware isn't going to go back and change older content. Sometimes you just have to move forward.

Well, they've already said they are going back and making changes to the class stories, so, your initial premise is flawed. Also, if it were not flawed, why would you care that this thread exists. If, as you say, it's never going to happen, the existence of this thread in no way impacts you. So, your coming in and basically telling us to shut up is pretty much just you being rude.

I wouldn't know about Torian's romance, or any male comp's romance, but Mako seems so lovely and good-natured and kind and compassionate, plus she's the companion of one of my BHs, such a shame she's not SG romanceable, or any of the other female comps, for that matter. Edited by sentientomega

According to one of the Gamescom Q&A write-ups on Dulfy's site:

Companions are being changed so you choose them based on their story aspect (i.e. who you like) rather than what they can do abilities wise. More details on this later.

... So they are being tinkered with, by the sounds. To what degree, who knows?