Send them to Hell

UncleOst

Alright. Here's a little something for all you pyrobros. Flame thrower is the koolest, yet least used ability in many pt's rotation. Check it out. You guys gotta use this.

When some guy needs to be " taught a lesson", this is what I'll do. Of course this is best used after yer regular rotation.

When yer opponent's health is getting low, make sure you get both dots ticking on him. When electro-dart is available, save it for the last 25-30 percent of his health. Example like this:

30Percent

-incendiary missle

-flame burst

-electrodart

-flame thrower.

Call this the best way to eliminate an opponent. If I may, I'd like to coin the phrase "Send them to Hell".

LoL I'll be trying to compile some video material this weekend, and I encourage everyone else to contribute to this new "Roast Thread".

LooooL let's light 'em up!

Alright. Here's a little something for all you pyrobros. Flame thrower is the koolest, yet least used ability in many pt's rotation. Check it out. You guys gotta use this.

When some guy needs to be " taught a lesson", this is what I'll do. Of course this is best used after yer regular rotation.

When yer opponent's health is getting low, make sure you get both dots ticking on him. When electro-dart is available, save it for the last 25-30 percent of his health. Example like this:

30Percent

-incendiary missle

-flame burst

-electrodart

-flame thrower.

Call this the best way to eliminate an opponent. If I may, I'd like to coin the phrase "Send them to Hell".

LoL I'll be trying to compile some video material this weekend, and I encourage everyone else to contribute to this new "Roast Thread".

LooooL let's light 'em up!

Flamethrower will put up less damage than two flamebursts. It is best to finish your opponent off with flame bursts and PPA rail shot. Flamethrower can be interrupted by another player too.

Flamethrower will put up less damage than two flamebursts. It is best to finish your opponent off with flame bursts and PPA rail shot. Flamethrower can be interrupted by another player too.

Hold on, we don't yet know what spec he's running, let's wait until he makes that point clear.

Flame burst spamming is effective, but feels lame. Two flame bursts would both have to crit to exceed flamethrower damage...but that's not the arguement here. With the crit/noncrit ratios, damage can almost even out. Hell I don't use flamethrower on cooldown, blasting it everywhere I go. Flamethrower isn't part of the typical pyro rotation, I already stated that...thanks lol.

If you are worried about getting interupted, you could use carbonize instead of electro-dart. Heh, but there is no reason to get silly about this, and there are many other attacks we pyros rely on for sure. Also, why would we waste a cc on a dying opponent? The point is with this finisher rotation, you'll look like the meanest killing machine on the battlefield. So when you combine both dots, flamethrower provides more than enough damage to finish the job. I'm not trying to say that YOU MUST use this finishing rotation when yer opponent is below 30% health. All I'm saying is when the opportunity arises... "Send Them To Hell" with style.

There is no reason to use flamethrower in pvp other than aoe damage. You are better off flame bursting for the PPA procs. Using flamethower in single-target is a waste of heat and time not trying to proc rail shot. Two flamebursts will put up more damage than a flamethrower. You are forgetting about the CGC dot which is awesome in pvp. Edited by bbare

Ok, here's some footage from yesterday's warzones. I tried to capture a few flamethrower finishers. I needed more to finish the song (GOJIRA), but it was getting late lol.

Had a quick look, and while yes ofc you can manage to kill people with flamthrower (just like you could with rapid shots only) it's still never going to be optimal. I saw several cases where railshot was on cooldown, which you could have reset if you use flame burst instead, but even without that my flamethrower currently does 3764 damage while flame burst does 1353-1431 plus an extra 741 damage from the CGC dot being reapplied (with the 30% bonus from burnout). Minimum damage for 2x flame burst is thus 2*1353+2*741 = 4206. Add in the fact that flame burst can't miss or be interrupted, doesn't require you to stay still and that the CGC dot has an extra 30% surge bonus from talents and, most importantly, the chance to reset railshot and this really is a no brainer - flame burst is quite simply better in every way.

Had a quick look, and while yes ofc you can manage to kill people with flamthrower (just like you could with rapid shots only) it's still never going to be optimal. I saw several cases where railshot was on cooldown, which you could have reset if you use flame burst instead, but even without that my flamethrower currently does 3764 damage while flame burst does 1353-1431 plus an extra 741 damage from the CGC dot being reapplied (with the 30% bonus from burnout). Minimum damage for 2x flame burst is thus 2*1353+2*741 = 4206. Add in the fact that flame burst can't miss or be interrupted, doesn't require you to stay still and that the CGC dot has an extra 30% surge bonus from talents and, most importantly, the chance to reset railshot and this really is a no brainer - flame burst is quite simply better in every way.

^^^^This is what happens when brain surgeons play video games...LooooL

I was quite aware of other abilities that were available in those warzones. I deliberately used flamethrower to finish...because I like the way it looks.

C'mon man, we all know what the easier routes are for a powertech. I thank you for the reply, but "roasting" someone with flamethrower is totally worth it!!

Damn, where are all the kool people at?

I was quite aware of other abilities that were available in those warzones. I deliberately used flamethrower to finish...because I like the way it looks.

C'mon man, we all know what the easier routes are for a powertech. I thank you for the reply, but "roasting" someone with flamethrower is totally worth it!!

u should try adv prototype if u like flamethrower so much it can deal +60% more dmg and be uninterruptable and slows enemies hit by it by 70%, personally i love adv prototypes flamethrower/immolate and retractable blade + way better mobility and defense and shorter cd on grapple and interrupt but u lose the burst and that`s what i love about pyro, I`m waiting to see how 5 extra lvls(talent points) will effect each class/spec

If you are going to claim that "This is the best way to eliminate an opponent" you can't just argue that it looks cool. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to do simple math.

If you are going to claim that "This is the best way to eliminate an opponent" you can't just argue that it looks cool. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to do simple math.

You're arguing over what he meant by the best way to eliminate an opponent. If you read the first 2 lines of his post it clearly is about using flamethrower because it's a cool looking ability. He is obviously going for visual looks, not what does the most damage.

You're arguing over what he meant by the best way to eliminate an opponent. If you read the first 2 lines of his post it clearly is about using flamethrower because it's a cool looking ability. He is obviously going for visual looks, not what does the most damage.

No, if you read his posts, he clearly argues that flamethrower is better damage than two flame bursts, so his motives are not purely aesthetic. Not to mention he posted his spec in rebuttal which should have no affect on ability animations.

Edited by bbare

No, if you read his posts, he clearly argues that flamethrower is better damage than two flame bursts, so his motives are not purely aesthetic. Not to mention he posted his spec in rebuttal which should have no affect on ability animations.

Are you... retarded?

He's obviously saying its the best (most fun, coolest looking) to FINISH people off. He posted multiple times that he KNOWS there are better ways to do it , but this is the best way in terms of looks and STYLE.

Please, for your sake I hope you're a troll.

Are you... retarded?

He's obviously saying its the best (most fun, coolest looking) to FINISH people off. He posted multiple times that he KNOWS there are better ways to do it , but this is the best way in terms of looks and STYLE.

Please, for your sake I hope you're a troll.

No, I'm not retarded. He claims "That flamethrower will be more than enough to finish off an opponent." That is why he uses the ability as a finisher, because he believes it looks cool and it does enough to finish off an opponent. It often does not. When you have healers being guarded and being healed, you need much more than a flamethrower to finish off an opponent. It is a very rare occasion where you will be able to finish off a quality opponent with a flamethrower. If you use flamethrower for "style" and you don't finish the opponent off, you look really bad and few people would want to queue with you. Personally, you look much cooler if you get your job done as a dps and kill the opponent the most effective way, than the coolest looking way.

Edited by bbare

No, I'm not retarded. He claims "That flamethrower will be more than enough to finish off an opponent." That is why he uses the ability as a finisher, because he believes it looks cool and it does enough to finish off an opponent. It often does not. When you have healers being guarded and being healed, you need much more than a flamethrower to finish off an opponent. It is a very rare occasion where you will be able to finish off a quality opponent with a flamethrower. If you use flamethrower for "style" and you don't finish the opponent off, you look really bad and few people would want to queue with you. Personally, you look much cooler if you get your job done as a dps and kill the opponent the most effective way, than the coolest looking way.

Like I've told you before bbarebaby, try smiling, I'll pay for the stitches. Come back here afterwards if you need a hug.

Quotes like this are why we can't have nice things :mad:. Loosen up. Play the game. Have fun. Relax. Oh, and don't forget to Send Them to Hell in style. I personally like the idea of roasting a stunned Jedi on an open fire, regardless of efficiency. Keep up the good work, OP.

• 3 weeks later...

alright!

Here's some more fun with "send them to hell part 3". I figured I'd fire another vid out before I continue leveling up alts. I snagged a few shots, but there are a couple boo-boos I hope no one notices lmao.

I absolutely LOVE the PUNCH TO THE FACE 24 seconds in, Oh and important to note...make sure to catch the final moments of the first scene from civil war. It begins at 1:13.

"Con's" a beast.

There is no reason to use flamethrower in pvp other than aoe damage. You are better off flame bursting for the PPA procs. Using flamethower in single-target is a waste of heat and time not trying to proc rail shot. Two flamebursts will put up more damage than a flamethrower. You are forgetting about the CGC dot which is awesome in pvp.

Just noticed this post. Flamethrower is better damage per heat ratio than 2x Flameburst. However 2x Flameburst provides more damage in the same time but only as Pyrotech using CGC. Using either the Ion Cylinder or HEGC, Flamethrower is preferable over 2x Flameburst even vs a single target, as long as you can get all the ticks off, which is an issue in PvP.

Just noticed this post. Flamethrower is better damage per heat ratio than 2x Flameburst. However 2x Flameburst provides more damage in the same time but only as Pyrotech using CGC. Using either the Ion Cylinder or HEGC, Flamethrower is preferable over 2x Flameburst even vs a single target, as long as you can get all the ticks off, which is an issue in PvP.

I think the problem with FT is that its interruptable and (in pvp) you never have still targets for the most part so it makes FB better to use for any other spec IMO. Furthermore, it should only really be used when on the node since that is where you would have better usage of it. APTechs get the best use of FT because after 3 procs it not only increase damage by 20% (i believe dont quote me) it also slows any targets hit by it for 70%, meaning they get hit more and you rack up more dps (plus not interruptable as APTech). Im not trying to stop anyone from using it just telling you the differences between using it in AP and not AP

My absolute FAVORITE finisher is hitting an enemy with thermal detonator and then immediately following with a railshot so that my deadly laser beam makes a huge explosion on impact and they die still sizzling.