Bubble Truces?

MelliMelon

Yes. All those mercs chewing up PTs left right and center. LOL. It's not like PTs can do more total damage AND burst, right? Hah. :D.

if a pyro merc is hitting a pyro pt from ranged, the pt had best los because he'll be dead before he can engage the merc unless the merc has no idea what he's doing. that's a significant change from the same patch that made smashing easy and bubbles stunnier.

snipers, who were already in a good place, got themselves virtual invulnerability as well. 10m cryo/dart means no longer able to pull them out of cover.

*every* range class benefitted from the nerf to PTs and made the PTs reasonable single target melee. all I said was that they're vulnerable to ranged. I didn't say it fixed every problem every ranged could possibly have in game.

Edited by foxmob

Meh, as I wrote: At best it's stupid. At WORST it's a concerted effort to skew numbers (I'm not reading too much into anything as I make room for any reasoning/excuse in between)

People play to win. If the ranked guild meets opposition that use bubblepop and smash, they will respec if in danger of loosing. You playing balance in rankeds without smash is kinda a moot point since you'll respec the instant you meet a group using bubblepops (and your team is in danger of loosing)

If cross server was here, season 1 had started, would you gimp yourselves then?

Play the **** out of the OP specs, let them see how the game really plays in the upper echelons (without gimping yourselves) and give SW:TOR a chance to actually get balanced pvp eventually (with frequent small class changes to keep things interesting)

I've never respecced to bubble pop in ranked. Not once. I'd rather lose, frankly because we made a fair agreement. If they break it to win that's o them.

Edited by PloGreen

if a pyro merc is hitting a pyro pt from ranged, the pt had best los because he'll be dead before he can engage the merc unless the merc has no idea what he's doing. that's a significant change from the same patch that made smashing easy and bubbles stunnier.

snipers, who were already in a good place, got themselves virtual invulnerability as well. 10m cryo/dart means no longer able to pull them out of cover.

*every* range class benefitted from the nerf to PTs and made the PTs reasonable single target melee. all I said was that they're vulnerable to ranged. I didn't say it fixed every problem every ranged could possibly have in game.

Don't be daft. Getting LOS is trivial, and you have the burst to kill the pyro merc in <10 seconds if you're well geared/specced. All it takes is getting in melee range. You have a pull, he has a knockback, but then you have more CC on top than he does. If you can't beat a pyro merc 1v1 10-0 as a pyro PT you're outgeared or terrible.

Again, the only 'range' dps playing in ranked warzones are AOE spec snipers/slingers. You're WAAAAY up there on the totem pole laddie, due to the range vs melee problems.

Edited by Jherad

The number of ranked teams and the variety of classes, with the exception of commandos and to a lesser extent dps sages, has seriously increased since this agreement of no bubble stun and 0-1 smasher per team has taken place. My respect to those who thought and agreed to it. The data are not corrupted as these games and players are very few in comparison to the pvp community. On the contrary if they were looked upon and given the complaints about bubble stuns and smash then they would see how much more pleasant the games are without them.

Don't be daft. Getting LOS is trivial, and you have the burst to kill the pyro merc in <10 seconds if you're well geared/specced. All it takes is getting in melee range. You have a pull, he has a knockback, but then you have more CC on top than he does. If you can't beat a pyro merc 1v1 10-0 as a pyro PT you're outgeared or terrible.

Again, the only 'range' dps playing in ranked warzones are AOE spec snipers/slingers. You're WAAAAY up there on the totem pole laddie, due to the range vs melee problems.

This is blatantly untrue. Snipers are one of the most sought after classes for RWZ. They are pretty damn close to mandatory. imo the most powerful comp in the game (by far) is 2 maras, 2 snipers. Also lethality or the hybrid is the preferred spec except on voidstar defense.

This is blatantly untrue. Snipers are one of the most sought after classes for RWZ. They are pretty damn close to mandatory. imo the most powerful comp in the game (by far) is 2 maras, 2 snipers. Also lethality or the hybrid is the preferred spec except on voidstar defense.

I'll suggest that what you have said is not the norm at all. Certainly not on my server, and judging by the streams I follow (and occasional video I catch on youtube), not on many others either.

Pretty much still just variations of maras/juggs/PTs, tankasin (or for the more adventurous, DPS sin), op healer, engi sniper and maybe a bubblestun sorc hybrid healer.

Good job on finding something slightly different that works for you. Page me when PvP guilds aren't basing their teams around glowstickers.

Edited by Jherad

I like the idea of a self regulated community, and it has precedent in another game I used to play. In Firearms, league play was limited to two players per weapon and a max of two snipers per team. That way despite any perceived imbalance in weapon strength was a non factor. FAMAS too OP? Better put your best 2 players on FAMAS then. Pub servers we regularly wildly stacked to one weapon type depending on the map, matched were much more fun.

I don't see how it could be a bad thing other than the aforementioned metric reliance that BW inexplicably has. Although rwz is such an infinitesimal percentage of PvP I doubt it affects much.

On The Progenitor we've also had fairly good success with regulating Bubbles and Smashers in Ranked - in our competitive games there's been an agreement of "no bubblestuns, 1 smasher per team" and the games have been more exciting with better flow of battle and more class variety.

Ok it's really just 2 guilds that actually play competitive games at the moment, but still :)

bubble is not that hard to overcome. everyone is whining about bubble spec healers try to roll one see how easy you fold. you have to give up a ton to bubble stun heal. there really are only a handful of them that are actually any good on our server because it take alot of practice to run it. and yet again get focused and youre still toast. sage is supposed to be annoying its light armor for a reason. they are taking our stun spec but what are they gonna give back in return. without it we really cant do much. heal output is lower than scoundrel and about even with mando who are both way more survivable.

Hey, I was just wondering about ranked on other servers. Do you coordinate with the other ranked leaders to NOT use bubble stuns, or do you simply use them on both sides?

Another way of asking is this: do high-end players (ranked), despite the massive QQ in normals, actually enjoy the fact that bubble-spec exist?

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is talking about competitive ranked. It's quite different in normal warzones.

Here's a deal:

Smash monkeys don't smash, and we bubble sorcs won't use bubble-stun.