Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

AngelofCain

class seems so 'meh' now. Between the other classes getting massive dmg increases, to healers being able to completely fill their hp in 1-2 gcds, an op is just a minor nuisance in the wz now. The good ones can pray on noob players in pre-55 that dont know how to cc, but any good player can shrug off an OP nowadays.

Heck, even on my merc now, when they open up on me, i just heal up, throw net on them and completely destroy them now as an afterthought. Only class i play that ops are dangerous against is the my PT, and thats mainly because they neutered the PTs burst so badly, with no survival skills, that i cannot survive the initial burst anymore. But thats more a testament to the crap job they did nerfing pts..

I've shelved mine for a bit, just no fun to play and not competitive with it anymore...

because your net has no cd

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Possible rotation change:

AB, HS, Lacerate, sever tendon, shiv, AB, BS, Lacerate, lacerate, corrosive dart, shiv

(mental notes:) Seems to work better than stun probe, but this reserves stun probe, for finishing of healers as they try to run off;

(2nd MN:) When sorcs go all force bubble, put OS on them and watch them either break bubble or eat it.

Edited by AngelofCain

Gearing notes: Since stepping back into game, Have been informed of 27% crit and then rest however you want.

Seem's rather decent, 8,3k backstab other day. Using 4 power augments rest cunning. 1310 tech dmg with stim.

Grinding enforcer bracers gives power mod 500 ranked coms cheaper than buying individuals.

grinding field medic for crit mod, also 500 rank cheaper than mods individually.

Edited by AngelofCain

AB,hs, shiv, lacerate, sever tendon lacerate, seems efficient enough. Have to remember to work on rotation, muscle memory is in the way.

only issue is the momentary lack of control after they get back up and fight back. if you can survive response you should be good to go.

Edited by AngelofCain

Combat note: last entry: Sin's are suggested as higher dmg than ops. True.

Can DPS ops beat sin's, yes.

Very hard. Interrupt crushing madness(darkness whichever) and shadows, vice versa. It's their main one and only usually cast spell. Save break for to use on that interruption. if you interrupt, use evasion fast, cause then the physical hurting starts. if you missed the cast, blow evasion and shield cause it's gonna hurt a lot.

Just a 1v1 note.

Edited by AngelofCain

You have 27% crit AND 1310 tech damage with stim? I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call bull on this.

I know right. it's like I actually min/maxed my gear, in partisian.

I actually Have 4 power augments and the rest cunning augments. both conqueror weapons. So go a head call bull. I actually do know what I am doing.

btw that's 1310 tech dmg in a warzone, but without stim and outside of a warzone I have 27.02% crit.

and I think 1197 with stim outside of warzone.

Edited by AngelofCain

You have 27% crit AND 1310 tech damage with stim? I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call bull on this.

Certainly is not BS. Here I am: using 2 lvl 50 pieces of gear mind you for a set bonus that doesnt exist anymore and the matrix cube(gogo bolster) The rest is conq armorings plus min/maxed mods enhance, although some of the mods/enhance are partisan. I thought about going for over 1300 power, but I found that I prefer the extra 1.3% crit.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dsfq6q.jpg

Edited by FoE_Khorne

Certainly is not BS. Here I am: using 2 lvl 50 pieces of gear mind you for a set bonus that doesnt exist anymore and the matrix cube(gogo bolster) The rest is conq armorings plus min/maxed mods enhance, although some of the mods/enhance are partisan. I thought about going for over 1300 power, but I found that I prefer the extra 1.3% crit.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dsfq6q.jpg

I got a 8.3k backstab crit cause of that armoring that I still have in place.

I got a 8.3k backstab crit cause of that armoring that I still have in place.

http://i41.tinypic.com/idgiz6.jpg

Thats the 2nd largest backstab crit ive ever had. My highest was 9.4k on a 1100 expertise sorc while i had power relic and bloodthrist.. That SS is on my old comp tho

Edited by FoE_Khorne

I know right. it's like I actually min/maxed my gear, in partisian.

I actually Have 4 power augments and the rest cunning augments. both conqueror weapons. So go a head call bull. I actually do know what I am doing.

btw that's 1310 tech dmg in a warzone, but without stim and outside of a warzone I have 27.02% crit.

and I think 1197 with stim outside of warzone.

Should have said that it was inside of a warzone. I have 1340 power inside but in full maxed conqueror....

So, I'm in almost full Partisian unaug unstimmed, and my Hidden Strike hits for only like 5k on crits. And Backstab for like, 4k. Will I see higher crits once I augment the gear and level Biochem? Or should I just reroll to my Sin? (I prefer Operative though) I'm sitting on 25% Crit, 2204 Cunning, 2018 Expertise (Full Part), 71% Surge, and 521 Power. Edited by Luckeyduckey

So, I'm in almost full Partisian unaug unstimmed, and my Hidden Strike hits for only like 5k on crits. And Backstab for like, 4k. Will I see higher crits once I augment the gear and level Biochem? Or should I just reroll to my Sin? (I prefer Operative though) I'm sitting on 25% Crit, 2204 Cunning, 2018 Expertise (Full Part), 71% Surge, and 521 Power.

I posted a screen shot on the previous page that shoes my stats in full adv 28 cunning augs, min/maxed gear (mostly conq, some partisan), and a stim (i buy them off the gtn.. prices are way down on the 52stims. well on pot5 at least). Those 3 things make a HUGE difference on your stats. I regularly see 6-7k hidden strikes and backstabs. I hit higher on sorcs or under geared players.

But with that being said a sin with the game gear would be hitting for 8k+ on the reg... which is in part because sins dont need crit as badly as conc ops do, and therefore are able to stack power higher. I have a sin as well, but I vastly prefer the feeling of playing the ops.

Edited by FoE_Khorne

Should have said that it was inside of a warzone. I have 1340 power inside but in full maxed conqueror....

actually i didn't know my notes were for anyone but me( I know the irony of the forums, but since It's wasn't a official update, and I am just doing warzone passes, as well as making notations.) but thanks for making sure i am walking the straight and narrow.

Edited by AngelofCain

• 4 months later...