PVP consensus Balance Thread

Invictusthetaru

1)-Remove mezzs from the game or make them single target only short stuns should remain as they are and dont come with the team strategy thing if they are single target more cordination should be needed

2)Cut the damage so no class can hit someone for 5,6,7 or even 8k a 4.5k hit should be the biggest hit ever only performed by those very good geared players etc etc3)Knockbacks SINGLE TARGET it cannot be tolerated that one sorc or commando can throw away 5 ppl from a bridge instakilling them or to fire pits in huttball etc etc

4)For the love of god remove crap stats from pvp gear or atleast make them usefull in pvp so ppl wouldnt have to remodd for power surge

5)Make defenses for tanks work against tech/force damage PERIOD

6)Fire the people who design the pvp/pve endgame gear and sign someone who has actually seem the movies and know what star wars its all about the current armor sets are uggly not iconic and no starwarsy the low lvl ones for troopers for example are ubbercool

7)Make pvpers make money from pvp i pay to just pvp i dont care about daylies kthx

8)Stop wasting resources inventing crap items for the cartel market and make something usefull and fun like for example adding pvp zones outdoor so many planets and yet a pvper can stay in the fleet forever because there is no content for us elsewhere i cant remember the last time i went to tattooine aderaan etc....

The highlighted is what I think needs to happen the most. And at the same time, balance heals around this point.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news man, you are not so special that people will go hunting your posts. They just won't, k?

We're just going to disagree, I prefer a greater emphasis on strategy than raw horsepower, which is not the current environment. You want raw killing power to be deciding factor. I'm assuming you have a FPS background? Don't answer, as I don't care.

Either way, swtor pvp has a much smaller following than it did pre 1.2. It is not a coincidence.

If your not going to read what I posted, then why respond? You're also interpreting my posts completely backwards. I want strategy to be the factor, what I'm saying is that it currently not possible for things to be that way.

I'm really done now. You have proven repeatedly that you do not read what I'm posting, are incapable of basic comprehension, and just general lack of understanding. I've made my point, no reason to try and explain it to people like you for the 5th time.

If your not going to read what I posted, then why respond? You're also interpreting my posts completely backwards. I want strategy to be the factor, what I'm saying is that it currently not possible for things to be that way.

I'm really done now. You have proven repeatedly that you do not read what I'm posting, are incapable of basic comprehension, and just general lack of understanding. I've made my point, no reason to try and explain it to people like you for the 5th time.

You need lots of encouragement and respond poorly to challenge, right?. Anyhoo, good luck.

You think increasing TTK would "improve" the ranked scene? Man, I have to disagree with this. How quickly do new teams, guilds dipping their toes in rated WZs or pugs last against your comp? My guild obliterates them and we're not even the guys ensuring an A-team every game.

And I think the most painful part of entering ranked for the first time isn't the loss, it's the fact that they just spent the better part of the game respawning again an agin. If they had the luxury of say living for more than half a second, perhaps they could at least have fun and thus queue again.

A superior team is going to FF and kill the crappy team's players one by one regardless of TTK. You know what's worse then dying quickly? Futility at trying to kill someone. Nothing is more aggravating to me then having several people all dps one person and watch him not die.

There was a point in WoW arenas where this happened (healers stupidly hard to kill), and it was not fun at all.

Edited by Smashbrother

Its simple, BW should monitor the logs!

Everybody is lobbying for his class here with pseudoscientific sh*th. By the way, this company really don't cares how the player base feel about the balance, there where 200 + threads vs smash - nothing happened! They do only one thing, pimping the cartel market.

Why everyone suggest boost to immortal/vengeance Juggernaut ? WE'RE PERFECTLY FINE. Only thing bother me is PT/VG flameburst and railshot. Its not really fun when all ur defensive stats totally useless vs flameburst and railshot

flameburst needs a overheat use cd it shouldnt be able to be spamed continously and then followed up with a railshot kill shot

A superior team is going to FF and kill the crappy team's players one by one regardless of TTK. You know what's worse then dying quickly? Futility at trying to kill someone. Nothing is more aggravating to me then having several people all dps one person and watch him not die.

There was a point in WoW arenas where this happened (healers stupidly hard to kill), and it was not fun at all.

Good point.

No one wants to feel like they are not contributing at all.

Guardian:

• Defense: Get rid of resource gimping in Soresu form, rework the tree to give more interesting tanking benefits and actually incentivize a full 31pt pvp tank. Buff Guardian Slash, tweak the top tier talents to at least give the same mitigation as the 18/23.
  • Vigilance: Get rid of the armor debuff requirement on Plasma Brand and tweak the DoT so it applies its damage over 9 seconds instead of 15, to align with the ability's cooldown. The tree is built around landing Master Strike, so it really needs Unremitting (in response to ideas to move it to Defense. Of course, if you don't respec to have Unremitting in huttball, you are a fool).
  • Focus: Take the cooldown reduction talent and armor penetration talent and change them so they buff filler abilities. Just "Nurf lolSmash" will hurt other specs and pve balance. Smoothing damage within the spec is the answer.

Scoundrel:

• Scrapper: "Killing an opponent grants The Professional (copyright issue?). For the next 8 seconds, Shoot First can be used out of stealth."
  • Dirty Fighting: This tree is just a mess in pvp. DoTs that last 3 times longer than most encounters, making people un-mezzable, and having to close to 4m to get Upper Hand. Flash Grenade needs to clear all your DoTs, Shrap Bomb needs to be a Smart AoE, and Hemorrhaging Blast should grant Upper Hand (or some other means to get UH from 10m on a decent cooldown).

Sorceror:

I've only really messed around with Madness, and I think what it really needs is the ability to stack Wrath the way that Upper Hand can be stacked. Up to 2 or 3 stacks, but no more. This way you can kite and use lightning strike and/or Crushing Darkness while your gap openers are cooling down.

I agree 100% that God mode healers are a danger that we should be aware of and try to avoid, as they do ruin game fun. But right now the TTK in swtor is 2-3 GCDs which is too far in the other direction. Killing people now in the game is too fast and too easy.

There can be a place in the middle where TTK makes sense, where no one is stupidly unkillable while still making it so people aren't annihilated in a couple of seconds. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. Reasonable and enjoyable pvp can endure when we avoid both extremes.

I agree 100% that God mode healers are a danger that we should be aware of and try to avoid, as they do ruin game fun. But right now the TTK in swtor is 2-3 GCDs which is too far in the other direction. Killing people now in the game is too fast and too easy.

There can be a place in the middle where TTK makes sense, where no one is stupidly unkillable while still making it so people aren't annihilated in a couple of seconds. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. Reasonable and enjoyable pvp can endure when we avoid both extremes.

No single class can kill someone in 3 GCD's. None. Dying like that only happens under FF, in which case it is perfectly reasonable to go down in such short time.

Edited by RankorSSGS

You think increasing TTK would "improve" the ranked scene? Man, I have to disagree with this. How quickly do new teams, guilds dipping their toes in rated WZs or pugs last against your comp? My guild obliterates them and we're not even the guys ensuring an A-team every game.

And I think the most painful part of entering ranked for the first time isn't the loss, it's the fact that they just spent the better part of the game respawning again an agin. If they had the luxury of say living for more than half a second, perhaps they could at least have fun and thus queue again.

Your posts are a pain to read because you need to L2readingcomprehension.

Please actually read and grasp someone's post before replying to it instead of projecting what you don't agree with onto their post.

You think increasing TTK would "improve" the ranked scene? Man, I have to disagree with this.

If they had the luxury of say living for more than half a second, perhaps they could at least have fun and thus queue again.

And maybe you should read your own too. Are you confused?

Your posts are a pain to read because you need to L2readingcomprehension.

Please actually read and grasp someone's post before replying to it instead of projecting what you don't agree with onto their post.

And maybe you should read your own too. Are you confused?

Glad someone else noticed his idiocy haha :p

Delete this post :p I can't believe someone is asking for more CCs and is complaining about tanks.

The tanking mechanics are the root of most of the problems with SWTOR PvP. TTK is stupidly low without guard and taunt unless you have a cooldown that can immune damage and/or a decent escape. If taunt and guard were nerfed, the developers could give classes better individual defensive cooldowns/escapes and increase TTK. Most people complain about stuns, because they die from like 90% in them. If TTK were increased, this wouldn't happen even if you had multiple people on you.

You leave healing and damage the same and just increase health pools, you're left with people living a lot longer, but it would still be difficult to top someone off. This makes things like interrupting and timing your CC properly more rewarding in getting a kill, instead of just mindlessly zerging damage into a target and killing it through heals, but also keeps healing in check and doesn't allow healers to top someone in a couple globals.

The game needs a lot more spammable mez CC, so that dps in particular can have the tools to peel for their teammates. No one should have a problem with mez CC in the game as long as its cleansable and counterable with things like interrupts. It breaks on damage and you don't die in it.

They should revert the last resolve change and make some small tweeks to things like bubble stun's resolve. Aside from that, resolve works perfectly fine.

I'm more talking what they should be focusing on in like an expansion, because I doubt they will add another patch with PvP changes until then. This experiment with adding the tanking mechanics to a pvp system that normally only has healers and dps, has failed.

No single class can kill someone in 3 GCD's. None. Dying like that only happens under FF, in which case it is perfectly reasonable to go down in such short time.

Sweep, blade storm, dispatch, dead. I've done it to sages plenty of times.

Reread your quote. The poster does not mention one on one. There is plenty of false dilemma in the replies in this thread; is there not something between duels and team FF? Do we not face those situations more frequently than those extremes you prefer in your replies?

As far as TTK goes, I think it's worth noting that the different views we have are largely dependent on taste. There is no hard and fast law regarding TTK in MMO's. However, I'm wondering where is the slow and strategic pvp we were hearing about from the developers before launch. Rapid TTK has for me placed far too much emphasis on damage dealing and far too little on mitigation that is not cc (which is more often another layer of domination rather than real mitigation); far too little emphasis on situational awareness and adept reaction rather than binary damage magnitude builders and button mashing finishers.

As far as TTK goes, I think it's worth noting that the different views we have are largely dependent on taste. There is no hard and fast law regarding TTK in MMO's. However, I'm wondering where is the slow and strategic pvp we were hearing about from the developers before launch. Rapid TTK has for me placed far too much emphasis on damage dealing and far too little on mitigation that is not cc (which is more often another layer of domination rather than real mitigation); far too little emphasis on situational awareness and adept reaction rather than binary damage magnitude builders and button mashing finishers.

^ this