HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

itsmymillertime

How about you ask people if they are new to the fight before starting, and then explaining it to them as you go on? Seeing as you are so experienced and all that. Needing on loot they can use to improve themselves is the most selfish thing you could possibly do.

I do, people either lie or dont respond at all.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, people either lie or dont respond at all.

I don't believe you.

I'm having a hard time believing you do all these things to make a group run happen but then do what you do.

Some like to take loot they can´t use and then complain in the next instance that others are undergeared.

I feel sorry for those players, I really do they have no clue how to build friendship

Want to know whats worse. "I would bet my ridiculous government salary" (name that quote) that the OP still thinks he's right and we are all wrong thus perpetuating his own idea of the gaming mentality where MMO's are all about me and the idea that making sure others will have a poor gaming experience is the best course of action when you feel slighted.

Edited by Quraswren

This weekend was the first time I had a bunch of people who were under-geared and without knowledge of the fights. Some people still do not know about the free gear for pvp and pve and people, especially tanks who dont know the fights never say I am new, yet their actions clearly show me they are new and I ask them. Only after a few wipes do people admit to being new.

Because of this I feel to need on the loot at the end to cover the expense of the repair bill I have waiting for me because of others not knowing the fights, unnecessary pulls, tanking in dps gear etc. Most people do these are over geared and know the fights and just want fast comm runs.

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win

So 1 person messes up and you use that as an excuse to steal from the other 2..I guess any excuse works when you dont want to admit you are a thief.

I don't believe you.

I'm having a hard time believing you do all these things to make a group run happen but then do what you do.

Actually it is true, the communications in PuG groups has been worse the latest months.

I always ask and try to set lootrules in every flashpoint I run but in the end many lie about it and take stuff they dont need anyway, if the players respond that is.

Actually it is true, the communications in PuG groups has been worse the latest months.

I always ask and try to set lootrules in every flashpoint I run but in the end many lie about it and take stuff they dont need anyway, if the players respond that is.

Then my runs must be something akin to a miracle cause my experience says different and that's using the group finder 80% of the time and no less than at least once a day. Small numbers of course in the grand scheme of the game but I just don't think the OP is as sweet a group mate as he claims given his need to take loot so he can punish others.

I remember a lot of people with the same attitude as the OP's over the 1 year+ I've been in the game.

Most of them have already left (thank God) and the rest are already on my ignore list.

I was once grouped with a tank with that exact same attitude and a couple of other people who had just hit 50 and were not familiar with the fights.

The tank treated them so poorly, threatening that he was going to leave (but never actually leaving) and calling them names, and they kept apologizing about every little thing that wasn't going exactly as the tank wanted and I felt so bad seeing this is how people treat each other over nothing that I crafted for them a 61 mod and a 61 armoring for free (no fee, no mats) just because I was ashamed.

What would a couple more wipes cost you, OP?

You're acting as if they are costing you real money, when in truth you can make back the credits you lost by virtually doing nothing other than crafting a couple of things from your crafting crew skill.

I love it when people forget that they were once noobs too and that they weren't born knowing everything.

Thankfully, you are not on my server so I'm not going to have to look out for a new addition to my ignore list.

Then my runs must be something akin to a miracle cause my experience says different and that's using the group finder 80% of the time and no less than at least once a day.

I have noticed though that when I use my guilded known characters, players are more eager not to ninjaloot then if I use my unguilded characters. Might be a wierd observation but that is something I have noticed.

Edited by Icestar

Odd.

I make it a point to inspect every other player's gear every time I run a fp, and recommend that we kill/skip bosses accordingly.

I need zero gear from any HMFP on any char, as all of mine are in rakata+, but I know there are always people new to the game and new to 50 who need help.

As for the people who say that you should skip every unnecessary boss bc they drop tionese crap, well.. one of the most skipped boss encounters, the droid in Taral V, drops a random 56 quality piece of gear. Usually it's an exo, but I've seen columi belts and bracers drop from it pretty regularly lately. It's a 2 minute fight. If I have a 15k player in my party, you bet I pull the droid, no matter what character I'm on - and I tell the party I'm going to do so, and why.

Furthermore, some players are cyber/armor/arms and need to scavenge. Some players want to skin the bio drops in Lost Island. All it takes is that players take five seconds and communicate with the rest of their party, and that you as a player see what's in your group and make allowances. You accomplish nothing by failing to help the people around you get better - all you do is bring them back into your pug pool the next day without improved gear.

Then my runs must be something akin to a miracle cause my experience says different and that's using the group finder 80% of the time and no less than at least once a day. Small numbers of course in the grand scheme of the game but I just don't think the OP is as sweet a group mate as he claims given his need to take loot so he can punish others.

You're not alone. I rarely have big issues with the HMs I do through GF.

It makes me wonder, though. The people who seem to constantly run into bad groups, and then behave badly and/or arrogantly about their bad groups. Could it be because you're on so many ignore lists that you just don't get grouped with decent people anymore? Which, if that is the case, speaks much more about you than it does about the rest of your group.

I am generally as friendly and helpful as I can be. While I certainly enjoy a good fast HM run, I don't mind taking it slow for a new player every now and then. Seems I generally add a whole lot more people to my friends list than I do to my ignore list. And I'm guessing, since I continually seem to get good groups, that I'm not being put on too many ignore lists myself.

This weekend was the first time I had a bunch of people who were under-geared and without knowledge of the fights. Some people still do not know about the free gear for pvp and pve and people, especially tanks who dont know the fights never say I am new, yet their actions clearly show me they are new and I ask them. Only after a few wipes do people admit to being new.

Because of this I feel to need on the loot at the end to cover the expense of the repair bill I have waiting for me because of others not knowing the fights, unnecessary pulls, tanking in dps gear etc. Most people do these are over geared and know the fights and just want fast comm runs.

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win

Seems that you are attempting to justify bad behavior here.

If someone hits my mailbox with their car, it does not give me the right to rob their house as payment. There are proper means by which one must attain "justice". Stealing or participating in underhanded tactics is not one of them.

Your repair bills have nothing to do with loot gained or lost.

I don't normally respond to the plethora of myopic trolling morons on the forum, but will make an exception here.

OP, thank you for making my day - it was, up until I read your post a humourless one.. The utter anti-social attitude and unabashed ignorance of your post was brilliant.

Once again, my thanks!

x

I remember a lot of people with the same attitude as the OP's over the 1 year+ I've been in the game.

Most of them have already left (thank God) and the rest are already on my ignore list.

I was once grouped with a tank with that exact same attitude and a couple of other people who had just hit 50 and were not familiar with the fights.

The tank treated them so poorly, threatening that he was going to leave (but never actually leaving) and calling them names, and they kept apologizing about every little thing that wasn't going exactly as the tank wanted and I felt so bad seeing this is how people treat each other over nothing that I crafted for them a 61 mod and a 61 armoring for free (no fee, no mats) just because I was ashamed.

I've witnessed this once while playing Wow. I vote kicked the tank, brought in a new dps, threw on my tanking gear, changed spec, finished the dungeon....and actually had fun with the remaining players.

There are people in this world that are just not worth wasting time on. Vote kick, bring on a new player.

There are people in this world that are just not worth wasting time on.

I agree, problem is that ignorelist is not accountbound so if you like me play 16 characters you are almost bound to run into them again. I dont have time to update my characters with everyone I ignore.

It has been suggested before with legacy ignore but I don´t think Bioware wants that.

Edited by Icestar

Win - Win

No. Because i'm a patient and understanding individual that does not feel the need to comfort his loss of virtual items by being a complete and total jerk.

You are cancer.

Edited by GhostDrone

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on?

I feel more of an urge to take their loot and then savor my great victory. I put all these hard earned flashpoint drops in a special carghold bay, and I'll stand on fleet whispering to them: "Mines... yes my pretties, you are all mines! The noobs will not have you no they won'ts..."

Then I'll queue for another flashpoint, because I'm elite like that.

While I don't necessarily agree with the OP's method, I can understand where they are coming from. One thing everyone has seemed to overlook is that he asks "IS THERE ANYONE NEW TO THIS FLASHPOINT?". and nobody speaks up. So when they start to wipe I can understand the frustration.

But instead of taking the loot, I think they should:

1) Leave the group and state why.

2) Vote kick the under geared Tank/Healer (Not capable of Tanking/Healing this FP, or Under geared to DPS this FP)

3) Tough it out and hope for the best.

But taking items that you clearly does not need just reflects badly on yourself and will only get you self satisfaction.

And by this you show exactly why there is no chorus of "me's" when asked if somebody is new.

They have learned that to admit unfamiliarity with a flashpoint means you will get kicked by the jerk heading the show.

A wishlist item, but a useful solution, is to add to the groupfinder for hm flashpoints the 'New to the flashpoint Y/N" option. This allows the self-important people to play only with other self-important people. And those new to the experience a chance of learning with like minded players.

A wishlist item, but a useful solution, is to add to the groupfinder for hm flashpoints the 'New to the flashpoint Y/N" option. This allows the self-important people to play only with other self-important people. And those new to the experience a chance of learning with like minded players.

It would be awesome if you could vote on a player exactly as you do in warzones. One vote per character (so nobody can abuse it). The ones with high rating are more likely to help new players and new players will know who to ask.

I understand the OP to a point, some people are complete idiots and never will amount to much in the game. The majority of these people will be ****** players in full DG, or if they were in quest greens, doesnt really matter; so the argument that the Op is making things worst off by taking their loot isnt relevant.

The big argument should be: is taking their loot any better then yelling at the person and kicking them/rage quitting the group?

They have learned that to admit unfamiliarity with a flashpoint means you will get kicked by the jerk heading the show.

When i use to run FPs (i no longer do), i wouldnt have an issue with teaching the instance to someone new, i usually offered tips for their role/class as well. I would only get upset when the person wouldnt take my advise, or would even try to argue with me at times.

I will admit a fair share of the people that would argue werent completely new to the FP; they have ran it maybe a handful of times and felt like they have mastered every single aspect of it and that there was nothing else that could be taught to them, and hence were Noobs instead of Newbs.

i never troll. if people are going to waste my time, i want compensation.

leaving the fp rewards me nothing, i will stick to it at the end. I have never vote kicked a player. I just get tired of playing with people who are new and without knowledge when they easily have a story mode to learn the fights.

What server are you on, and what is the character name? That way we all know to put you on ignore so we don't have to deal with you either.

when they easily have a story mode to learn the fights.

You don't learn anything from story mode. All you need to do is the best to stay alive in 1 on 1 fights because those are the hardest. Depending on your spec you either prolong the fight as much as possible or you pop all cooldowns fast and down it hard.

The gameplay has NOTHING at all to do with team fights in flashpoints! Story mode is probably close to facing higher level newbies in warzones.