Experience Lock

SionikCommando

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to put an experience lock or do you think it would be a pointless addition. I would personally use it for when I am leveling up a toon and I am over leveling a zone but I haven't done all the bonus quests that are on the planet. Just an Idea

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to put an experience lock or do you think it would be a pointless addition. I would personally use it for when I am leveling up a toon and I am over leveling a zone but I haven't done all the bonus quests that are on the planet. Just an Idea

I love the idea. It is one of the best parts of EQ2. Though, they have so much content that you could easily out-level over half of it (no exaggeration).

As a member of a pvp server and inexperienced when it comes to EQ and these Experience locks, what would prevent a player from "twinking" out their level 49 and staying in that bracket to slaughter low level folks leveling up in this manner?

Meaning, is this scenario possible or would there be restrictions? Because if this was allowed then I would not be for that. Granted, my opinion is that from a pvp perspective so please take that into consideration. Thanks.

Edited by Master_Nate

As a member of a pvp server and inexperienced when it comes to EQ and these Experience locks, what would prevent a player from "twinking" out their level 49 and staying in that bracket to slaughter low level folks leveling up in this manner?

Meaning, is this scenario possible or would there be restrictions? Because if this was allowed then I would not be for that. Granted, my opinion is that from a pvp perspective so please take that into consideration. Thanks.

The way it works in EQ2, you would just be locked at whatever level you chose and would have the gear of that level.

The way it works in EQ2, you would just be locked at whatever level you chose and would have the gear of that level.

Hmmm, well I won't say I'm against it because it is a good idea but in the realm of PvP it would not go over too well. Granted I know there is more to this game than PvP but some things can have a negative after affect on another aspect of the game if not properly thought out.

Maybe if the lockout only occurred in a PvE environment and was non-functional in PvP? Meaning, you will gain XP from WZs and the like if you do choose to participate in them to avoid people staying at 49 because they do not want to ding 50 and wish to keep slaughtering lvl 10s.

Thoughts?

Hmmm, well I won't say I'm against it because it is a good idea but in the realm of PvP it would not go over too well. Granted I know there is more to this game than PvP but some things can have a negative after affect on another aspect of the game if not properly thought out.

Maybe if the lockout only occurred in a PvE environment and was non-functional in PvP? Meaning, you will gain XP from WZs and the like if you do choose to participate in them to avoid people staying at 49 because they do not want to ding 50 and wish to keep slaughtering lvl 10s.

Thoughts?

I think it may be better if bioware had more brackets to avoid this issue but I doubt that there will be any uproar over this since if people do make twinks at level 49, the pvp gear I have seen and used it doesn't seem to have that much of a difference than a 49 that has been questing and getting a few greens and blues here and there. I could be wrong though. I could see an issue with it when the new expac comes out and they go from 1-49 to 1-54. Then you can have twinks with the epic WZ gear and that would be a slaughter house.

I love the idea. It is one of the best parts of EQ2. Though, they have so much content that you could easily out-level over half of it (no exaggeration).

it was mostly used to get aa experience and not to see all of the content. this way you could put all of the experience into aa experience before you out leveled the dungeons, nameds and raids. some nameds would give one aa if killed while level appropriate but it didnt scale too well with the mentoring system if killed that way. in eq2 aa's and master spells were far more of a indication of a toons power than gear. level locking took advantage of that and made it easier to do so.

as far as pvp in that game there wasn't any on a pve server until they added war fronts a few years ago. soe didn't waste resources trying to balance classes either. they did make certain aa's and abilities function differently in pvp though.

it was mostly used to get aa experience and not to see all of the content. this way you could put all of the experience into aa experience before you out leveled the dungeons, nameds and raids. some nameds would give one aa if killed while level appropriate but it didnt scale too well with the mentoring system if killed that way. in eq2 aa's and master spells were far more of a indication of a toons power than gear. level locking took advantage of that and made it easier to do so.

as far as pvp in that game there wasn't any on a pve server until they added war fronts a few years ago. soe didn't waste resources trying to balance classes either. they did make certain aa's and abilities function differently in pvp though.

That's awesome. I used it to get the most of the content and had my AA slider at 50% at all times. AAs were not a problem.

This is exactly the case of why players don't want to gain in xp. Because they can't help but gain lvls and then get into matches that they can't wipe the other team with no contest. this idea is lame. flush it with the rest of wow ideas.. no twinks. keep gaining xp and you'll be lvl 50 and have to deal with the big problems of pvp, instead of these petty ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.