Leaving WZs early is a serious problem on my server

Lium

Not sure how it is on others, but on POTF, the Republic is so bad that people are constantly bailing early. Why is it that rated warzones give deserter debuffs but regular warzones do not?

At the very least, BW could put a message in a queue pop that says "Warzone in progress" like they do for FPs.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how it is on others, but on POTF, the Republic is so bad that people are constantly bailing early. Why is it that rated warzones give deserter debuffs but regular warzones do not?

At the very least, BW could put a message in a queue pop that says "Warzone in progress" like they do for FPs.

Yeah it's bad on both sides. Funny thing is, whenever I enter a warzone, and we go from spanked to pulling out a win, I can't help but think

"wow the quitter I replaced must have sucked just as bad"

So it's not like people that quit are good, which is odd.

It's cause weekly requires wins. I'm not staying in a ****** game when my daily is already done, and I need wins to complete my weekly.

I would like to point out that "leaving warzones early" is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of the problem. The real problem is the imbalances that people are seeing in WZ's, which gives them a feeling of "zero chance to win", so then they leave. Or RL stuff pops up. It's usually one or the other. ymmv. ;)

Edited by WickedImage

So, give people that quit a wz the ten minute cool-down that people who quit the group-finder flashpoints get. Maybe then people will stick around? The thing about the quitters that frustrates me most is joining a loosing warzone, just in time (or with little time to spare) to see the leader-board. Meaning I didn't even have time to earn a medal and get something for my wasted time. It happens way too much.

Did a couple a WZ's on my Commando recently, the few games I did. We either got 2 to 1 capped in alderaan, or the pylon got ninja'd in hypergate or the first door would get blown. And you'd see a couple of people drop out in each of these instances. Where it gets funny, we ended up winning each one. I love the Republic on Bastion.

This stuff happens once in awhile, but I wouldn't saw it is an epidemic.

Personally, I've always been in favor of a minor inconvenience penalty for people who leave warzones. Something like a -1 penalty to Endurance that stacks and can only be removed by visiting a distant location on Quesh. Penalize the people who leave warzones with the one penalty they really dislike - a minor hit to their time budget.

So are bad players on mine.......

I don't know, I used to be against it, but now, with no matchmaker in place you can tell in the 1st 1 min or so what type of team your on and if most of my teammates don't care to play as a team then why so I care about them? Put in a matchmaker, pair premades with premades, experienced players with experienced players and scrubs with scrubs and we all get to have a fair chance at a winning round.

Edited by Zataos

i only do it on my 50 toons... mostly because there's a few guilds on my server who gear out with full on elite and ranked WH but then 4 man up premade the unranked wz's just to dominate and bully the pugs and gearing up recruit-level gear players.

i'm sure if you are one of those people you must highfive each other and be all gangster hero for beating on people you're over-geared against but it just makes the /lfg warzones suck. when i see these people on my lvl 50 toons i just drop que and wait to reque a few.

its no fun being farmed. i refuse to pay 15 dollars so i can be raped a billion times by some guild on vent when i get matched with pugs in pve gear.

I'm on Pot5 and I'm a "quiter" because frankly if I load in to a wz and all my team sets out to do is death match then I'm gonna leave. When I do a wz I play it to win, not wave my ***** around and brag about top damage but win.

Theres nothing wrong with going into a match and not giving a damn about dumb objectives, and only wanting to pvp to smash someones brain in

Theres nothing wrong with going into a match and not giving a damn about dumb objectives, and only wanting to pvp to smash someones brain in

Sarcasm? not sure but...

Nothing wrong other than screwing everybody else on your team trying to actually win.

Edited by Zataos

Yeah it's bad on both sides. Funny thing is, whenever I enter a warzone, and we go from spanked to pulling out a win, I can't help but think

"wow the quitter I replaced must have sucked just as bad"

So it's not like people that quit are good, which is odd.

Hehe, the other day we had a very close-fought Novare Coast which we eventually lost. One Shadow kept badmouthing everyone, saying how we suck, asking in disbelief how could we lose the bunker etc. Then up came the results.

The friend I queued with did 521k damage, I did 479k. The Shadow did 64k damage, 0 protection and died 8 times. Moral of the story: the biggest moaners and quickest quitters are usually the worst players who seemingly expect to be carried through the warzone.

rly? lol, no surprise ppl quit ...

1. before wz in spawn i usually ask who is healer, usually no answer

2. when we are loosing i ask if any of 4 useless dps sorcerers could field respec to heal - no answer

3. ask if one operative/stealther/ could replace marauder who is guarding turret - no answer

4. i ask juggernaut in soresu why plays without guard on - no answe

and finally i see in ops chat this sentence : dude stop whining and play

time to quit

rly? lol, no surprise ppl quit ...

1. before wz in spawn i usually ask who is healer, usually no answer

2. when we are loosing i ask if any of 4 useless dps sorcerers could field respec to heal - no answer

3. ask if one operative/stealther/ could replace marauder who is guarding turret - no answer

4. i ask juggernaut in soresu why plays without guard on - no answe

and finally i see in ops chat this sentence : dude stop whining and play

time to quit

Haha, I've had this quite a few times before as well. In what is supposed to be a team- & objective-based instance, having complete silence in the Ops chat when 1 or 2 people are trying to lead or suggest some solutions, is really frustrating. And of course, from your best intentions, you get portrayed as the whiney, *****y bad guy -- go figure... :rolleyes:

Lol the only problem that exists here is caused by players and players alone.

When ppl are not giving a **** about objectives and the only thing they do is trying to dps, then they can just sit there 589796 hours and do so. Not everyone wants to waste their time trying to tell kids what to do.

Another example is when 4 members on your team are on full pve gear with 0 expertise... You can't argue with those ppl 'logic' lol! Leaving warzone is the best thing to do in those situations.

I'm on POT5 and do not quit because we're losing. I quit when my team is comprised of guys that believe this, wasting my time.

Edited by Joesixxpack

It's cause weekly requires wins. I'm not staying in a ****** game when my daily is already done, and I need wins to complete my weekly.

ding ding ding. When you are trying to complete the weekly on two characters, there's little time to waste on bads not following objectives or working as a team.

Edited by islander