The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

best healers

grimshawsalex

There really isn't a best, it all comes down to playstyle.

Some people may tell you scoundrel/operatives are the best. Others may tell you sage/sorceres are the best. Others may tell you commando/mercenarys are the best.

I have an operative, a sage, a sorc and a mercenary healer and I like all three, but for different reasons.

I would say that my operative excels at "oh crap" healing (free <30% health heals), my sage excels at aoe healing and the mercenary excels at single target healing. This is just my personal opinion and others may have a different take.

I have seen a complaint about PvP with Commando healing, that the big green "healbeam" is too visible and screams to the other side "I'm a healer kill me first." I haven't personally run into that problem, but I have seen people complain about it.

I know a few other commando/mercenary healers and they are top-notch and do a great job on end-game content. So if you're interested in it, I say give it a go.

Operative healers are considered, by many, to be the best for PvP and they're on par with sorcs in PvE, with the exception of a few scenarios where the sorc AOE is really helpful. The imperial agent storyline is also frequently voted the best storyline in the game. I'm not sure if commando/merc can be considered inferior to the other two but I see way less of them in PvP and it's not uncommon that I outheal the few I come across 2:1.

Either way, the gap between heal specs is way tighter than the one between dps specs in this game so it's not like you're going to screw yourself over by picking the wrong one. One big con with the merc though is that in the event that you'd like to pvp with it as dps you're going to be on the worst spec in the game.