Credit limit unlock

ConradLionhart

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb question, I'm sure, but the limit is per character right? Currently like 250K per character for preferred?

350k for preferred.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

I'm a bit surprised no one is complaining about this. Are people content with having only 350k credits as preferred?

Does anyone know if a credit unlock exists?

350k for preferred.

I'm a bit surprised no one is complaining about this. Are people content with having only 350k credits as preferred?

No it doesn't exist which is good, if one wants more credits he can subscribe.

This is one of those perks which is exclusive for those who subscribe, and it will remain that way, preferred players get plenty for free as is.

It's hard to complain about something when you can't post about it. People who have never subbed cannot post here. And no, people are not happy about it.

There currently is no unlock for it. Hope springs eternal of course.

350k for preferred.

People have been complaining because its a bad feature, but I think some of the energy has run out of people to argue for a good F2P at this point. They got the bars which was a way bigger deal and thus the energy is spent. And as the above poster points out, the people most affected by this are unable to express their complaints.

Plus it gets tedious arguing with all the subs who want to feel superior to and isolated from those using an alternative pay model, even if it isn't good for the game.

Also, realistically, EA is making their money off the cartel packs (mostly from subs) so they prolly don't give a hoot. There was massive negative PR about the bars so they fixed that to quiet people down and now they can collect their gambling proceeds.

Edited by Tumedus

No it doesn't exist which is good, if one wants more credits he can subscribe.

This is one of those perks which is exclusive for those who subscribe, and it will remain that way, preferred players get plenty for free as is.

You're confusing F2P with Preferred.

Preferred players are people who have poured in some money into the game. I played the game from March till May 2012, and have now subbed for 2 months. But I would like to tailor the game in such a way where I can still enjoy the game for free as Preferred status.

And this is the strangest thing that subscribers would want to be exclusive to them. That you get to carry more money? C'mon.

People have been complaining because its a bad feature, but I think some of the energy has run out of people to argue for a good F2P at this point. They got the bars which was a way bigger deal and thus the energy is spent. And as the above poster points out, the people most affected by this are unable to express their complaints.

Plus it gets tedious arguing with all the subs who want to feel superior to and isolated from those using an alternative pay model, even if it isn't good for the game.

Also, realistically, EA is making their money off the cartel packs (mostly from subs) so they prolly don't give a hoot. There was massive negative PR about the bars so they fixed that to quiet people down and now they can collect their gambling proceeds.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and maybe they are just not aware of this issue.

There are so many things that can at least be unlocked. Character slots. Artifact gear authorization. Action bars.

Why not credit limit unlock?

Hey all,

Preferred status has a credit limit. Is it possible to buy something that will remove that limit?

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to unlock the credit limit for F2P or preferred status players. I think a big part of the reason for this is to make it more difficult for credit farmers/sellers.

Want more credits instead of them hiding in a locked box? Pay a monthly fee like anyone else - 350k will be more than enough for anyone who is 'trying' the game or 'leveling' - anymore than 350k implies you're playing end game stuff and should sub for the full benefit.

Even that end-game stuff can be unlocked with that weekly pass for operations. So that argument has been shot down.

If I want to do a lot of things, then I will sub.

But if I only want to do some things, then I prefer to be Preferred and unlock the ones that I want to do.

Increasing the credit limit for F2P players will open the flood gates for credit selling, which bioware has been trying to keep to a minimum along with hacks and cheats. Allowing the credit increase would also give bioware no chance of policing it which would destroy the in game economy and push prices for rare items to new, even more ridiculous prices. I agree that it sux for the majority of us that are honest players but its always those few that screw things up for everyone else.

There was a interview with a few Dev's about this issue and they did say they are watching the situation and they may bump the credit limit or just remove it all together based on they data they collect.

They actually never said anything of sorts.

Credit limit for f2p and preferred will remain because of gold farmers, and most of all because you can't have everything for free and be on the same level with people who are paying 15$ per month for a subscription, if that were the case then there would be no point in paying a monthly sub.

Edited by Vlacke

I think the credit limit for preferred needs to be raised...

preferred has put RWD into the game...

I mean has anyone seen the AH lately or been to the Light Side vendor... 350k is nothing

ps I am a sub, but I think letting preferred have so little creds is hurting the economy...

I am not saying to open the floodgates... but the economy has probably matured more that from launch and it needs a bump...

also imho the 350k credit cap encourages gold farmers... since you have to little creds after you buy one thing and blow all oyur creds... the easiest way to get what you want is just pay cash instead of buy, farm creds, buy farm creds rinse repeat

also imho the 350k credit cap encourages gold farmers... since you have to little creds after you buy one thing and blow all oyur creds... the easiest way to get what you want is just pay cash instead of buy, farm creds, buy farm creds rinse repeat

Isn't it just a cap for one time purchases so you can only spend 350k at one time but you can actually have more than 350k with your character? At least that is what I thought it meant when I read it I didn't pay too much attention though since I was never going to unsub.

Isn't it just a cap for one time purchases so you can only spend 350k at one time but you can actually have more than 350k with your character? At least that is what I thought it meant when I read it I didn't pay too much attention though since I was never going to unsub.

Correct. All credits that you earn above 350k go into a reserve that you can then receive after spending your on hand credits. Of course as others have said spending 350k (especially at 50) is chump change and I have made multiple 1m+ purchases myself.

Since when does F2P = preview anyway? I have played a veritable of MMO's subscription based, sub+f2p, sub+micro+f2p and any combination of the 3 and do not remember such heavy restrictions in the f2p bases (some games do carry some heavy restrictions such as level and money cap) but not in the amount that BW has (of course they are continuing to review it so that is a start). The idea of f2p is not supposed to be a 'preview' to see if I like a game, that's what a free trial is for. F2p is to allow someone to effectively enjoy the game and its contents (except bonus content) with certain limitations. F2p cannot even employ the crafting system without having 2 account since they are only allowed 1 crafting skill per character and 2 characters per account (which I could go on about that alone being 8 classes and 16 advanced classes that they themselves tried to brag about with the idea of alts and all but now there is this limiting bundle of joy).

I believe the credit cap is worthy on f2p accounts (maybe a little higher) but for preferred it should be raised more than that. Lastly to comment on gold sellers this is a cheap attempt to stop them as I already said they can easily still make the money and be rid of it, just having to send it out 350k at a time. The only red flag I could see that raising is that they would have to send lots of credits out which could still be detected by the same means by with no credit cap.

Correct. All credits that you earn above 350k go into a reserve that you can then receive after spending your on hand credits. Of course as others have said spending 350k (especially at 50) is chump change and I have made multiple 1m+ purchases myself.

This is actually incorrect. Anything over the 350k limit goes into an escrow, but that escrow money only becomes available if you sub. If your remain a preferred player and spend some money, your bank account doesn't refill with escrow funds, that money is essentially lost to you.

As to the claim that it stops gold farmers that other posters keep spouting, it has almost no effect. A preferred player can transfer the money various ways that don't inlcude mailing anyway, so a gold seller could have a fleet of preferred funnelling to their subscription bank character if that was really what they wanted.

And again, we are talking about preferred customers here, not straight up F2P, so they have spent money on the game. For a gold seller who loses their account regularly anyway, the sunk cost remains. What difference does it make to them if they have to pay $15 in subscription for an account that won't make it more than a few days, or if they have to pay $15 for credit unlocks for each new preferred account.