Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

It would have been avoided if people read the Dev Tracker and made themselves aware that the armor designs were bugged and that a fix was coming then asked Bioware to implement the unintended set as well. All this drama was simply brought on by the ignorance of those refusing to make themselves aware of the known issues then complain when something unintended gets fixed.

I actually find this offensive. :p

First, I'm glad that a Dev or someone stepped up and said the problem is recognised, and that something will be done. So, in answer to my own post, thanks to them.

What I'm offended at is that some people think others who just want to play a game, have families, work, and perhaps also have other interests, have time to come here, search through a bunch of threads, or feel it is necessary to read the 'Devs Tracker' just to avoid being upset about buggs, or it frustrating them when effected. People who, like you I would hope, pay to play.. PLAY.. not read forums every week to see if something is screwed up they should look for, or be aware of.

In fact, I'm not sure why an In-Game notice board, with a simple rolling display like a news ticker, can't be put into the game so people actually IN the game, and not reading Forums, can maybe catch a glimpse of issues. But, I get ahead of myself... basically, I wish Forum members would stop thinking that they are the vast majority of people playing, and look down their noses at others, who they have absolutely no clue about. A generality, I know, but I see it a lot.

Imho, it's offensive.

That said, don't take it totally personally... I'd say the same to anyone with the same M.O.

And I'm sure I'll get as kind a response back... that I won't have time to read. :cool:

Kierman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually find this offensive. :p

First, I'm glad that a Dev or someone stepped up and said the problem is recognised, and that something will be done. So, in answer to my own post, thanks to them.

What I'm offended at is that some people think others who just want to play a game, have families, work, and perhaps also have other interests, have time to come here, search through a bunch of threads, or feel it is necessary to read the 'Devs Tracker' just to avoid being upset about buggs, or it frustrating them when effected. People who, like you I would hope, pay to play.. PLAY.. not read forums every week to see if something is screwed up they should look for, or be aware of.

In fact, I'm not sure why an In-Game notice board, with a simple rolling display like a news ticker, can't be put into the game so people actually IN the game, and not reading Forums, can maybe catch a glimpse of issues. But, I get ahead of myself... basically, I wish Forum members would stop thinking that they are the vast majority of people playing, and look down their noses at others, who they have absolutely no clue about. A generality, I know, but I see it a lot.

Imho, it's offensive.

That said, don't take it totally personally... I'd say the same to anyone with the same M.O.

And I'm sure I'll get as kind a response back... that I won't have time to read. :cool:

Kierman

But you did find the time to come here today to tell someone you found something offensive. While you were here...did you bother to peek at the Dev Tracker? You were in the neighborhood.:p

Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert

Lead Designer, SWTOR

Thank you, thank you so much! :ph_thank_you:

I hope you guys will come up with the solution soon, so i get the 'dark sexy biker ninja' look back on my Phantom gear...

Personally, the thing that annoys me most about this change is that the Phantom gear looks just like a black version of the Revan Chestpiece now. If I wanted the Lady Gaga shoulder pads, I would have spent 400k credits less to get a Revan Chestpiece. I mean, cripes, the only reason the Revan Chestpiece is selling for so little is because not many people like the look of it, yet people were willing to spend 500k+ credits on the Phantom gear because it didn't look ridiculous.

I hope they do. Though as I mentioned in previously, back when Bioware stated it was wrong ( a month ago) and that they would fix it, people should have been asking for Bioware to implement the unintended set as well if people liked it so much. Buying it off the GTN though doesn't really excuse people from knowing that what they are buying is bugged and will be fixed eventually either. Unecessary drama because people chose to not be aware
im a casual player and dont have much time to read forum i did buy in game items base on the pre viue window if there would be a note on item that it will change i would not buy it its just like real shooping just becos somting look good on a model it dont mean it will look as good on u its why we have previue window

at the end of day i paid for digital item and it was taken from me replace with item i would not buy it brakes my costumer rights so i should be refoundet or have my item put back in place the problem is patch notes should be posted before patch not after we would avoid all the stuff on forum its lack of communication betwen gamers and developer and as i mentsion i dont follow forums much exept for ops and heroic part so had no idea it will be change

Edited by Brutal

Personally, the thing that annoys me most about this change is that the Phantom gear looks just like a black version of the Revan Chestpiece now. If I wanted the Lady Gaga shoulder pads, I would have spent 400k credits less to get a Revan Chestpiece. I mean, cripes, the only reason the Revan Chestpiece is selling for so little is because not many people like the look of it, yet people were willing to spend 500k+ credits on the Phantom gear because it didn't look ridiculous.

Exactly

It's your responsibility to because it's Bioware's official form of communication and ignorance isn't an excuse when they make corrections to things they implemented incorrectly to begin with and stated they would then complain about it because you don't like them fixing it so that people who bought the packs based on the advertised art on the pack get what they paid for.

Yeah nah sorry, I would rather base my CC purchase off the actual armour links in game rather than some box art.

And asking people to check dev forums is retarded.

If the issue is that important it needs to go on the splash screen when you log in.

Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews).

Thanks for your gracious and helpful response. I love the mod system. I know some people have commented that they'd prefer an appearance tab, but I like the fact that the mod system allows for both customisation of appearance and stats. I look forward to seeing what's behind your hints about the future. ;)

Great news. It's not that important to me if my assassin looks differently than I want for a couple of weeks, just as long as I'm looking forward to a way to get the look I wanted back. :)

Let's hope we'll see a fix sooner rather than later. I had a very nice and unique look on my jedi shadow, for once. Now, I was forced back into my jedi initiate's vestments.. before the cartel market, I wore that outfit since Febeuary >.> .... I'm not happy to be reunited with it. :/

Here is an easy fix...

put up an NPC in the space station that you give your affected armor to like a quest turn in and the reward is either option A the armor pre-fix or option B armor post-fix. One time trade and BAM both sides are happy. How easy is that.

I hope they do. Though as I mentioned in previously, back when Bioware stated it was wrong ( a month ago) and that they would fix it, people should have been asking for Bioware to implement the unintended set as well if people liked it so much. Buying it off the GTN though doesn't really excuse people from knowing that what they are buying is bugged and will be fixed eventually either. Unecessary drama because people chose to not be aware

Oh yes. It's the players fault for not going to the forums and looking through every post a dev makes to see "will this item match up to what the display window is showing me?"

Not to mention what a dev says doesn't always match what happens.

They knew people liked the outfit as is, they knew people bought it for how it looked, they should of added the right costume, not take away the one they knew people didnt know was wrong.

Yeah nah sorry, I would rather base my CC purchase off the actual armour links in game rather than some box art.

And asking people to check dev forums is retarded.

If the issue is that important it needs to go on the splash screen when you log in.

But you obviously have the time to troll here and complain about it.

Here is an easy fix...

put up an NPC in the space station that you give your affected armor to like a quest turn in and the reward is either option A the armor pre-fix or option B armor post-fix. One time trade and BAM both sides are happy. How easy is that.

Too easy to implement I bet, so it wont happen. They will come up with some convoluted, bug riddled fix that will just piss everyone off again and cause another poop storm on the forums.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Thanks? Thanks for the players who have spent 10000's to acquire more than one of these chestpieces based on the preview look and spent 10000's more on mods, armour inserts, and augment slots (really sorry for those folks) to have them changed, based solely because they didn't look exactly like they did on the cartel package artwork..now there will people who are happy, and others who are incensed, and will now spend 10000's more to change gear again, and 10000's more to remove mods from the existing gear, to insert elsewhere. The incorrect Phantom Armour looks better than the corrected version, and if people don't like the look of a toon, they'll re-roll, leave the toon to stagnate, or simply say......meh might dust off GW2 or TSW. How many people who are cheesed at these changes are also on the NU2001 error boat? I dare say a few who are just waiting for something else to annoy them and then they'll leave. Both sides arguments have merit, why can't we have both versions? You've already proved you can do it.....perhaps if the Dev's rolled the "hood up/ down" out, the pre fixed version of Phantom armour could be hood down for a quick fix? To keep both sides of the phantom armour owners conflict happy...

Thanks? Thanks for the players who have spent 10000's to acquire more than one of these chestpieces based on the preview look and spent 10000's more on mods, armour inserts, and augment slots (really sorry for those folks) to have them changed, based solely because they didn't look exactly like they did on the cartel package artwork..now there will people who are happy, and others who are incensed, and will now spend 10000's more to change gear again, and 10000's more to remove mods from the existing gear, to insert elsewhere. The incorrect Phantom Armour looks better than the corrected version, and if people don't like the look of a toon, they'll re-roll, leave the toon to stagnate, or simply say......meh might dust off GW2 or TSW. How many people who are cheesed at these changes are also on the NU2001 error boat? I dare say a few who are just waiting for something else to annoy them and then they'll leave. Both sides arguments have merit, why can't we have both versions? You've already proved you can do it.....perhaps if the Dev's rolled the "hood up/ down" out, the pre fixed version of Phantom armour could be hood down for a quick fix? To keep both sides of the phantom armour owners conflict happy...

um, what?

b/c someone doesnt like the look of their armor they will re-roll? rofl

just b/c you dont like a developer decision does not mean they HAVE to immediately drop what theyre working on and fix it.

and it is shocking to me that this is how people react to something that got changed in a video game. incensed? if you get incensed over a video game you might want to go get some fresh air.

Oh yes. It's the players fault for not going to the forums and looking through every post a dev makes to see "will this item match up to what the display window is showing me?"

Not to mention what a dev says doesn't always match what happens.

They knew people liked the outfit as is, they knew people bought it for how it looked, they should of added the right costume, not take away the one they knew people didnt know was wrong.

Yep, I loved the ‘broke’ one, which I never knew was ‘broke’ I got the chest piece from a pack, did a compare and absolutely loved it. So, I spent about $150 to buy coins and packs until I had the full set. I spent another 1.5mCr’s getting it augmented and modded out. My Operative never looked so good in her life as she did. Simply amazing.

My GF loved the look so much that I spent another 1.75mCr buying the whole outfit for her along with the 5 mk-6 augments as a Christmas present, because she wanted it so badly, for her operative as well. Now, after this ‘fix’, we both look like stand in rejects to a Sith costume party. So, to say I’m unhappy is an understatement. I got exactly what I wanted when I bought those items, and now they’re trash.

SOP for this wrongheaded company it seems, unfortunately :(

Yep, I loved the ‘broke’ one, which I never knew was ‘broke’ I got the chest piece from a pack, did a compare and absolutely loved it. So, I spent about $150 to buy coins and packs until I had the full set. I spent another 1.5mCr’s getting it augmented and modded out. My Operative never looked so good in her life as she did. Simply amazing.

My GF loved the look so much that I spent another 1.75mCr buying the whole outfit for her along with the 5 mk-6 augments as a Christmas present, because she wanted it so badly, for her operative as well. Now, after this ‘fix’, we both look like stand in rejects to a Sith costume party. So, to say I’m unhappy is an understatement. I got exactly what I wanted when I bought those items, and now they’re trash.

SOP for this wrongheaded company it seems, unfortunately :(

$150 bucks for nothing but an appearance................ smh

But you obviously have the time to troll here and complain about it.

I hear ya, but the poster you quoted did make a valid point, with these changes to "look like the box" art etc, people will hesitate to make future CC purchases on the off chance this will happen again in the future, a lot people actually prefer the armour sets they way they were.

Are people still complaining about this? They said that they would fix it to attempt to appease everyone affected. I think that those who got the gear based on what it looked like on the cartel pack deserve to look the way they want, and I think that those who purchased the gear based on what it looked like in the preview screen deserve to look the way they want as well. It was an honest, unintentional mistake, a little lack of foresight, and a breakdown in communication. It's not worth this level of vitriol, e-peen swinging, and trolling. This is not some slippery slope scenario wherein Bioware is suddenly going to be beset by (more) angry mobs demanding things precisely their way. It was a one-time goof, and people on both sides of the fence really need to get over themselves. Those of you who are raging - still - about an issue that was clearly identified, addressed, apologized for, and promised a fix for need to shut up and get back to the game, or get some professional help, because all you're doing is flinging s#!t around for no real reason any more. Those of you rules-lawyers who are constantly, smugly, and obnoxiously bringing up the EULA, dev tracker, and forum threads in support of your "cause" are just as wrong, because this game - and Bioware - is a business, and a business' primary goal is to make a product that people want, in order to make a profit. This move obviously upset some people and, as paying customers, they're well within their rights to complain about it, regardless of what some pencil-pusher, boilerplate, customer agreement consent was given. Regardless of month-old communication, or a single thread buried within the voluminous amounts of QQ that happen on a daily basis on these forums. Everyone needs to cool off and get back to the game, or at least get out and get some fresh air, because whatever people are breathing, wherever they're typing, is obviously making them irrational and douchey. Edited by Cave_Dweller

um, what?

b/c someone doesnt like the look of their armor they will re-roll? rofl

just b/c you dont like a developer decision does not mean they HAVE to immediately drop what theyre working on and fix it.

and it is shocking to me that this is how people react to something that got changed in a video game. incensed? if you get incensed over a video game you might want to go get some fresh air.

Let's put it like this: I've played WoW for five years, and had the enjoyment I found in that game ruined more and more with every patch and expansion that came after TBC was released. And those who played that game since the start have had a LOT to swallow. Very few of those initial players are left in that game.

I'm not the only one to say that a downgrade is reason to leave a game.. We've done it before, and we'll do it again, we simply can't stomach as many slaps in the face anymore. Many players in TOR have onc eplayed WoW. More than you probably suspect. And while we welcome upgrades and expansions, we're very cautious about downgrades and getting treated as a moneybag or second rate consumer instead of a valuable customer. We've been there, done that, some even bought T-shirts, and we've learned our lesson. We do get vocal when a decision subtracts from our game experience.

We understand that things have to remain ballanced.

We understand that Bioware needs to make money (we're all subscribers here, in case you didn't know).

We are NOT trying to push this game into a direction that the developers do not want to go.

But we DO express ourselves when we feel we are not treated as a valuable customer.

Hey, guys --

Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

Damion Schubert

Lead Designer, SWTOR

I just want to adress the 2-3 people in this thread that are trying to stage a counter-argument against the hundreds of us unsattisfied people. Here we have a dev obviously stating they made a terrible mistake. I think I'll listen to this guy over those 2-3 people. I don't see anywhere in his post about him saying "Well, you players should have been checking the forums, HAHA." A horrible decision has happened on behalf of the developers, they have admitted it, now we just have to go through the pain of waiting for them to fix it.