Allow Cartel Unlock of Class Buffs!

Akeba

Bioware -

I hate leveling alts.. let alone to need to level 3 of them sufficiently to unlock class buffs via completion of Chapter 2. I have been playing for over a year now, and haven't been able to force myself to take an alt beyond level 21. I would greatly appreciate the ability to use the Cartel Shop to unlock these buffs to alleviate my misery. I would imagine that there are many others out there who want the same, and I can't think of a solid reason as to why this unlock should not be available.

Thoughts?

NO. Class buff should be given the way it is now. Don't make this game a "P2W" with that kind of stuff.

You want all the buffs? Play all the classes.

exactly my thinking, people rolling alternative toons and finishing their stories is what has kept this game alive....

NO. Class buff should be given the way it is now. Don't make this game a "P2W" with that kind of stuff.

You want all the buffs? Play all the classes.

Couldnt agree more! Stop whining OP and play the game.. I mean c'mon you've been playing the year and you've not had it in you to level an alt or actually PUT The WORK IN!" hell most of us that have been here since early access have almost full slots of 50's, heck even players that have only been here a short while have at least 3 50's now, Ive got 8 level 50's and I work a 40 hour+ week job yet have had the time to put in for those 50's... if you want it work for it dont expect it to be given to you or at least sold to you

Why do I need to put in the work? I don't enjoy leveling alts. The repetitive planet missions that I've already completed are annoying. I too have a fulltime job and a family, and would rather spend time playing the character I enjoy in PvP than leveling alts that I don't enjoy.

Why should time = win? I thought Bioware was getting rid of that with the new WH gear changes!

With cartel coins you can already buy a lot of stuff with minimum effort (in the game I mean)

I think it's already too much you can buy...

Is it convenient?

Yes... but it don't reward the one who really played a lot to achieve that...

There should be more and more stuff you can only get by playing...

It's part of the character development to run through the full spectrum of class missions. There's a ton of storyline there that enhances the depth of the game content if you pay attention to it. BioWare definitely expects people to have to run the class missions in order to receive the Legacy benefit of the class buff.

The point is that you only have to run the class missions once for each of the 4 base classes, and you've got that buff for all current and future characters for the rest of the game. Short-cutting to get the class buff from a few 100k credits or a few dollars in Cartel Coins is just laziness. And we're not talking about better equipment for yourself here; much of the time you can get the full class buffs from others in group anyway. If a player can give all 4 class buffs to others, and to their entire group, it should signify a dedication to gameplay, not to money spent in the Cartel Market. In fact, if you ask me, I think it should be *more* difficult to get the class buff. Perhaps require the completion of Act 2 or Act 3 to activate it.

Maybe ask for a Macro System, then people can leave their characters around Carrick buff-bot'ing to give out full class buffs to others.

Bioware -

I hate leveling alts.. let alone to need to level 3 of them sufficiently to unlock class buffs via completion of Chapter 2. I have been playing for over a year now, and haven't been able to force myself to take an alt beyond level 21. I would greatly appreciate the ability to use the Cartel Shop to unlock these buffs to alleviate my misery. I would imagine that there are many others out there who want the same, and I can't think of a solid reason as to why this unlock should not be available.

Thoughts?

no, im sorry but if you want this undoubtedly good/cool but not vitally necessary benefit then you should work for it. I have 3 but can't be bothered with the 4th...the choice is yours eh.

Ehurm? I was legacy 50 around end of april/beginning of may.

And you don't have any alts? I'm impressed, though maybe participation in lots of PvE will do that. I really only PvP, and really only enjoy the one character. I have 33.5 days played on that character, and 4 alts each at ~20, and am only at Legacy Lvl 33.

As for the rest of you, Bioware has been moving away from time = win. The buffs might be some kind of status symbol in PvE, but in PvP it makes a huge difference. I can't say I appreciate having to invest time in characters I don't enjoy so that I can compete on the same level in PvP. I understand why those who have earned the buffs would like to keep that edge.. because they appreciate time = win.

i wouldn´t mind one bit. It´s a solo/pvp thing only since in a group it´s rare to not get all buffs, and in an OP you´ll most certainly get them. Imo it wouldn´t be p2w. It´s a silly buff that´s so easy to get that most of us have it anyways.

Forcing people to play with chars they dont enjoy is just wrong imo. And if you want to compete at max level pvp you´ll want all buffs. Unlock with legacy or valor or something and put it in CM too for all i care.

• 4 months later...
I have to disagree with all those who are saying "no, that's a pay to win concept." I do agree that it should be a reward for having to level your toons. But it's so annoying when you're trying to play in different servers. And this game should be a game of option. So buying the buffs should be an option. That or some form of global server recognition where, after getting it in one server, you get it globally.