The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If you could add one quick UI feature, what would it be?

Anosa

Hey all,

if you had the choice to pick one quick UI feature to add to the game, what would you choose??

I think id pick view last login for guild members, how about you? :D

Edited by Anosa

Hey all,

if you had the choice to pick one quick UI feature to add to the game, what would you choose??

I think id pick view last login for guild members, how about you? :D

Um, that is already in game. Just click on the little upside-down triangle on the farthest right tab and a drop down menu comes up in which you can choose "last played " (it's usually defaulted on guild rank)

As for me, I would like mouse-over healing.

Edited by chuixupu

Um, that is already in game. Just click on the little upside-down triangle on the farthest right tab and a drop down menu comes up in which you can choose "last played " (it's usually defaulted on guild rank)

As for me, I would like mouse-over healing.

i mean for it to show a time and date, if its there then my bad. Anywho, what would you choose?

Edited by Anosa

How about lua scripting for addons. 1 element, but would allow the community to develop something actually decent. I like what they've done but it's still a crappy UI.

Hum no it will end up in time like in wow

*Great guild recruiting need threat-meter and bossmod else you get kick*

Make suggestion for things to add but don't give it open to everyone,you will always find people to try to abuse it in a way or another

It's already the best UI out there (that doesn't require 3rd party addons.) But it could stand a facelift with better raid & party frames that could be configured in any row & column combination. Giving them mouseover casting would also be a huge improvement. Edited by GalacticKegger

Hum no it will end up in time like in wow

*Great guild recruiting need threat-meter and bossmod else you get kick*

Make suggestion for things to add but don't give it open to everyone,you will always find people to try to abuse it in a way or another

Except Bioware could control what people could make. Blizzard blocked certain addons functions from being usable previous because they made the game too easy. Also, "good" guilds don't require those addons. Mediocre guilds that kill things 2-3 months late and farm normal mode "require" them to make themselves feel like good raiders. "Good" guilds do the raids and are clearing bosses before the boss mods are updated enough to even be useful.

Also, a threat meter hasn't been required in WoW for years.

just one? that's rough.

how about - on a scale of 1 to whatever - things I want most to things I want almost as much as the one I want most?

1. mouseover casting

2. ability to see dispellable debuffs on raid frames, as well as your own buffs that is not a super tiny barely visible icon

3. your own debuffs on an enemy target being bigger then everyone else's

4. incoming heals from other healers in an OP visible on raid frames (allows for better target switching, since its easier to not end up healing the same target, while someone else keeps dropping, resulting in too much of "oh crap" frantic healing and often - death)

5. ability to brows bags/crew skills/abilities/quests/etc of your alts.

6. ability to sell grays at the vendor with one click (I know you can send off companion to do that, but its nice not to need to)

also - I'm very much against addons. not because I dislike customizable UI, but rather because I dislike the fact that they inevitably break with every patch, addon updates come out oddly, so you are basically checking for updates daily, have to make sure your addons don't break each other and the game (compatibility can be such a bother) and god forbid addon maker decides not to update their work anymore - you are left frantically searching for alternative... if one even exists. Even in single player games, I tend to keep my addons to a minimum, MMO? yeah... (not to mention, they also tend to eat your memory, forcing you to reduce settings, and I'm already player on lower settings as it is)

Edited by Jeweledleah

1. mouseover casting

2. ability to see dispellable debuffs on raid frames, as well as your own buffs that is not a super tiny barely visible icon

3. your own debuffs on an enemy target being bigger then everyone else's

4. incoming heals from other healers in an OP visible on raid frames (allows for better target switching, since its easier to not end up healing the same target, while someone else keeps dropping, resulting in too much of "oh crap" frantic healing and often - death)

5. ability to brows bags/crew skills/abilities/quests/etc of your alts.

6. ability to sell grays at the vendor with one click (I know you can send off companion to do that, but its nice not to need to)

also - I'm very much against addons.

I just find it amusing that you say you are very much against addons when everything you listed here except maybe #6 is supplied exclusively by addons in that other game. Not even that game, which is infinitely more polished than this one, has any of these features. Realistically I don't see this game implementing any of those things. Which is cool, I can still heal effectively without them. They are just QOL suggestions. Good ones, though.

Addons? Pass. Macros? Nah. Maybe better raid frames. Yeah, that's what I would like. Some way to be able to see peoples' health without having to squint at my 27" monitor.

Not 27" but same problem :(

Simplified raid frames that show removable debuffs, not everyone's buffs, stims, party items and cooldowns.

Addons? Pass. Macros? Nah. Maybe better raid frames. Yeah, that's what I would like. Some way to be able to see peoples' health without having to squint at my 27" monitor.

I made mine bigger, Problem solved.

Seriously, looking at these responses it seems some people need to worry about learning to use the ui options we already have before they post new "ideas"

A better proc notification system.

Right now many advance classes have to rely on seeing the tiny weeny buff icon above their character frame in order to know when an ability procs.

The laugh for PTs/VGs is a really nice feature, but there are many other ACs and procs that give no audio or even visual cue.

Just being able to modify the size of the buff icons on the character frame would be a step in the right direction.

Id go for mouse over Healing also

that or the option to move-change size of the Buff-Debuff bar

I agree with this ... when i am healing i hate that i have to actually click on someone to see there debuffs or who has them. If ther was a UI feature i would like to see is a clear and obvious track of debuffs in ops frames so i could tell who has debuff.

Oh and for you dps and tanks out there that like to put blame on healers .... Cleans me ... doesnt tell me who to cleanse.

it would be nice if debuffs showed up INSIDE the red bars so we could see who has what and when.

-------------

As a dps and a tank it would be nice if i could MOVE my debuffs and change there size so i could easily see when "I" have a debuff so i can tell the healer ..."Cleanse -toon name here-"

I just find it amusing that you say you are very much against addons when everything you listed here except maybe #6 is supplied exclusively by addons in that other game. Not even that game, which is infinitely more polished than this one, has any of these features. Realistically I don't see this game implementing any of those things. Which is cool, I can still heal effectively without them. They are just QOL suggestions. Good ones, though.

1. not everything, by far. in fact, only ability to browse your alts is an addon exclusive feature that I know of. and in "that" game - some of the features I listed, are available in base game - like debuffs and incoming heals (and while functional mousover requires writing of macro's, those macros can be done with base game, again, and usualy you can find the exact text online, so don't even need to invent the wheel), while other features that i'm used to having in SWTOR - require addons and micromanaging of thereoff. why do you think I dislike them? I tend to get rid of addons the moment similar feature is implemented in base game, and they do get implemented in base game eventualy

2. just because other developers would rather rely on unreliable nature of addons doesn't make it a good, or desirable thing.

but I agree on those being QOF. and I was able to heal without any of those things. I just wish I didn't have to.

Edited by Jeweledleah