Cathar: Rise of the Hutt Cartel? Fact or Myth?

Semjax

Let me ask you one question concerning claims like this: What promise made since the announcement of F2P and the 6 week patch delivery model has not been delivered on? This means since end August.

Yes, you can list a ton of stuff promised in the first 6 months that hasn't been delivered on, and yes that was a huge **** up from all of Bioware and EA's communication department. But if there is one improvement I've seen the last 6 months from this development team it is that they have been more clear and specific in their promises, and have kept each and every one of them so far. So nobody is "shoveling out" false promises anymore.

Sorry if I sound like a biodrone here. But it is provable false statements like this that I feel ruin the community, or any discussion on any subject, more than anything.

Back on subject. As others have said: The current status on Cathar is that they will be delivered on the Cartel Store in the future. Will it be a part of Makeb? I doubt it, but they still might.

We will see.

LOL, let me rephrase. Since the last time they completely failed produce, have they failed since?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathar are part and parcel of the problem with bioware. They do not seem to be able to complete as promised. Yeah sure, things change. We know the game flopped. If they can't produce what they promised before the FTP announcement, they need to come out and say what is on and off the table.

No seriously, they have a responsibility, if they want to make money, to lay out a general direction of the game. We all know that Cathar, Makeb, guild ships, and mini games have been promised. Instead finishing those task items, we instead are getting things like the reputation system.

Wait, what? Who has been screaming for that? No one.

So... I'm sorry, but if bioware can find time to produce a reputation system, they have no excuse for not completing something like cathar.

I can think of one nice reason I'm against Cathar being added. The last thing this or any other MMO needs are more *********** cat people.

That said, I'd much rather them add some races fans actually care about. Rodians, Ithorians, Duros, Devaronians, Togruta, Chagrians, Bothans, Mon Calamari, Quarren...the list goes on and on. Hell, most of those races already appear in-game as NPCs, speaking Basic no less.

You understand there was a poll to decide which race would be added first, right? I could be wrong. I do remember a lot of people going on about races Bioware said they want to add and us having to vote. If Cathar is that race the players chose then the fans obviously care.

You understand there was a poll to decide which race would be added first, right? I could be wrong. I do remember a lot of people going on about races Bioware said they want to add and us having to vote. If Cathar is that race the players chose then the fans obviously care.

There have been a number of polls. But as far as I know there has not been an official what species would you like added poll. I dont know why Cathar were picked but I know I would not have votted for them. The thing that I want to know is why a reskinned human with tiger tatoos is taking so log to do.

this claim is false, nothing else. the only poll that was done on the carthar was that poll where some elected people could vote on how much money they were willing to pay for which version of the makeb expansion and back then the carthar were already the only species included.

and 'why' carthar? they were probably the 'most liked' of the 'easier' species.

we all know people want Togruta, and bioware has aknowledged it too, and said it's too much work (for now)

I enjoy the story that comes with rolling a new class and leveling them far more than I enjoy the end game ginds: ®WZ coms, FP coms, Fleet coms, planet coms, companion rep, and now rep for factions. Warzones and flashpoints are fun. I have enjoyed PvP in SWTOR more than I have in any other MMO. But...

Dear sweet gods was I looking forward to a break.

I was expecting to roll out some new alts, last autumn or winter, and play through them on the winter holidays. While playing the AH, I have all of them geared with their 1-35 custom gear and their 36-50 gear. I spend more time "gearing" my (non-existent) alts than I do playing my current 50s. Right now I'm paying my sub for the "free" cartel points and (the real reason) I've been too lazy to cancel.

Right now, I'm bored with SWTOR, playing the latest Skrim expansion, and considering unsubbing from SWTOR until Cathar go live. They're already many months late and right now I'm just spinning my wheels waiting for them.

Edited by AntarNyaus

So that leads to the question on if the Cathar are going to be introduced with the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion pack. It would make better sense for it to be, because that means they can make money off of the wonderful species and possibly add in more species with the expansion-

This isn't even a question. They have already said that the Cathar will be released in the Cartel Market. Any other species being added will depend on how well they sell. So you're not getting Cathar as part of the expansion pack purchase and you aren't getting any other species with the expansion. They could release the Cathar into the Cartel Market at the same time, but you're still going to have to pay for them and there still won't be any other new species/races at that time. Obviously, they could change their mind but they've already made it very clear that this is their current intention with the Cathar.

This isn't even a question. They have already said that the Cathar will be released in the Cartel Market. Any other species being added will depend on how well they sell. So you're not getting Cathar as part of the expansion pack purchase and you aren't getting any other species with the expansion. They could release the Cathar into the Cartel Market at the same time, but you're still going to have to pay for them and there still won't be any other new species/races at that time. Obviously, they could change their mind but they've already made it very clear that this is their current intention with the Cathar.

would you mind linking the source for that?

• 1 month later...
I'm hoping it'll come with 1.7 :( i've pretty much stopped playing becuase I don't want to start a new class before they are released! Arghhh :C

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I refuse to make a new character until we get a catha!r!!!!! :rak_01: