Would sandbox game features help?

Anosa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sort of. Player housing would be great for the cash shop. It would help keep more long term subscribers. Not sure about it getting new subscribers.

Some type of space combat would still be best for the game. Either Battlefront 2 style space combat battlegrounds or SWG completely open space combat.

That would be the best thing for this game right now.

Player Housing EQ2 style

Really no traditional sand box items would help this game

But ALOT of wrongly tagged as Sandbox (when they not really like above housing ) would help this game.

I have no idea what EQ2 housing is like, but I loved SWG housing. Any of your items could be placed anywhere in your house. It was great.

sort of. Player housing would be great for the cash shop. It would help keep more long term subscribers. Not sure about it getting new subscribers.

Some type of space combat would still be best for the game. Either Battlefront 2 style space combat battlegrounds or SWG completely open space combat.

This. Please this. Battlefront was one of my favorite Star Wars series. I wish they would make another!

Agreed on everything you said. I feel like a strong space combat system would bring in TONS of new players, both new and old.

Player housing.

Only if they could do it like in instance type housing. I played SWG and there was problems with the housing situation. People would stop playing and their house would stil be there and the housing can cause lag and we have enough lag without adding to it with bringing more.

They could do instance housing where it is not out in the open but you are stil able to decorate it and take your friends to.

Only if they could do it like in instance type housing. I played SWG and there was problems with the housing situation. People would stop playing and their house would stil be there and the housing can cause lag and we have enough lag without adding to it with bringing more.

They could do instance housing where it is not out in the open but you are stil able to decorate it and take your friends to.

eq2 has pre placed houses you rent that are instanced. I think if you made it so the houses decayed like on swg it would work

Yes, Absolutely.

I would suggest the following:

1) Mission generator suggestion in my sig

2) Decoration mechanic like the SWG housing decoration system for Starship interiors, textures and colors for exterior

3) Revamp of crafting system, link in my sig.

It would also help to introduce better guild features as well as role playing support.

I think if the space combat feature that is coming soon is persistent and in some form of a BF2 style experience that would help as well.

Edited by LordArtemis

Basic question.. do you think adding some sandbox features to the game would help the game overall?

/discuss

Sandbox what? That's the problem. You have this sub culture that insists games need sandbox features but they never say what or how.

What exactly do you want the sandbox to be?

Sandbox what? That's the problem. You have this sub culture that insists games need sandbox features but they never say what or how.

What exactly do you want the sandbox to be?

Well, if spoken in general terms it would mean features where we provide the majority of gameplay content instead of the game itself. Mission generators, decoration systems, achievement systems, RP elements and QOL features, guild perks, card games, racing, etc.

All of these items provide content as we participate and that content changes on a regular basis. That is the idea of general sandbox or "sandbox style" systems as I understand them.

Basic question.. do you think adding some sandbox features to the game would help the game overall?

/discuss

Yes, without a doubt.

RvR

Player housing

3D space

Player bounty hunting missions.

LOTRO music system

Hobbies (including entertainer hobby)

a world where you can build stuff like Minecraft (:D)

Edited by Goretzu

This game really needs some non combat based features. All there is to do at this point is combat. In game down time is really important. Player housing with decorating. Mini games. More immersive crafting/gathering. Being able to change your apperance (apperance tab). All the little things.

And please, for the love of god, revamp the chat system!

Maybe early on, but if you didn't log in for awhile in the late NGE, your house was marked for destruction. It was also packed up when you ran out of maintenance money.

/discuss

Yes, things to make our toons feel like they live in the world and not just playing through it, player housing other than our ship, cantina games, swoop or pod racing, this is Star Wars huge IP tons of things could be added to the game, the Rift started to add some sandbox elements in the last expansion, so theme park games can offer more game play options, and some things are just fluff like dye's for one thing... I think hybrid games will be what we see more of in the future, the mmo genre could use a good shot in the arm..:) Allot of the problems here in TOR are not just TOR problems but problems with the state of the current genre in general.