Where are the devs?

Darth_Victus

Seriously, last post from any of the community management team was on Christmas Eve.

Did the entire team get sent on holiday vacation?

This game is a train wreck. There's no money for anything except future development and the cartel market. There will be no bug fixes and no community interaction.

Seriously, last post from any of the community management team was on Christmas Eve.

Man, is holiday. Give them a break.

Most if not all MMO's published minor and not so minor patches prior to Dec 23 so they will spend some free time while people was busy in the holidays with the new content.

I like to picture them all on an exotic beach rolling around in all that sweet, sweet cartel shop money just laughing and laughing.

It is the holidays and they are mostly on break, no issues with it at all. Might be good for them to step back and reassess it all.

These forums remind me to never be involved with customer service in any capacity. Seriously.

Why?

You know, instead they could do customer service properly. Sure, some people would still complain, but far, far fewer of them.

Stop making excuses for the fact that this development team does poor customer relations, holiday season or no. It just sucks.

Honestly, if I had any PTO at BW I would have burned it the second this whole fiasco started. Between holiday speeder, life day event Makeb being a paid update AND pushed back for AT LEAST 3 months, right now I'd be hiding away with my friends and family trying to forget all about the crazy rage awaiting me when I came back to work.

lol! Wow... what a bunch of malcontents. It's Christmas week!

They did say they were giving people time of this year because last year the worked straight through the holidays. So... doesn't really matter what pent up frustration you might have, they won't be around to see it this week.

If you want to whine about the comms overall or the lack of it. fine. But this week it is understandable. And if you can't understand that, well... I suggest you step away from the keyboard and take a good long hard look at your priorities.

And before you ask, that also means there will not be a patch next Tuesday. Stating the obvious is apparently necessary.

Sorry, this thread wasn't started to bash the game or the customer service of the game. It was more of a joke then anything else. :D

Like all good jokes though it has a kernel of truth at its center. It is quite odd that after their "we're stopping the Friday updates and the blogs but don't worry because we'll be hitting the forums five times as hard" spiel, the number of devs posting and the number of posts in the tracker has actually gone DOWN if you go back and count them...

Edited by Durasturan

Like all good jokes though it has a kernel of truth at its center. It is quite odd that after their "we're stopping the Friday updates and the blogs but don't worry because we'll be hitting the forums five times as hard" spiel, the number of devs posting and the number of posts in the tracker has actually gone DONE if you go back and count them...

Gone done? :confused:

Because it's a holiday week for many. Just like myself I'm off, why should we expect them to work? It's just their job, it's not their lives.

The devs were fired sometime April or May 2012. All content you see in the game now was already done by then. Only a skeleton crew remains for maintenance. And yes the remaining staff all got a 2-3 weeks vacation.

Edited by Theodulus

These forums remind me to never be involved with customer service in any capacity. Seriously.

You know it, one of the most thankless jobs in the world, even is you do a good job it is still not good enough for some.. danged if you do danged if you don't ....:eek:

Bioware is well known for having the absolute worst communication with it's player base.

Bioware Edmonton [the real bioware] is quite active on their social forums.

Not here though, they are easily some of the worst i've seen. I guess thats what happens when you fire all your community reps [who weren't doing their job anyway]

They are maybe 1/10 as active as other community teams on other MMOs, sry we cant give them a break.

Bioware is well known for having the absolute worst communication with it's player base.

Get out the whips and chains boys! These game developers want to spend time with their families over the holidays. Don't they realize the GAME is MUCH more important?!?!? No mercy!

Get out the whips and chains boys! These game developers want to spend time with their families over the holidays. Don't they realize the GAME is MUCH more important?!?!? No mercy!

My company's customers pay for our service. Let's just say they don't expect us to close up shop for 3 weeks just because the western world happen to have a few holidays. They don't care about our families or whatever. If a problem surface they expect me or someone else in my company to be on the next flight to be onsite as soon as possible to fix the problem. I guess that is one of the reasons why my company is successful and why Bioware lost over 80% of their swtor player base. Just a thought you know.

Man, is holiday. Give them a break.

Most if not all MMO's published minor and not so minor patches prior to Dec 23 so they will spend some free time while people was busy in the holidays with the new content.

I thought there were enough employees so that people could work during designated holidays-usually with a financial compensation to cover the cost in any family time. I know I don't mind getting triple time for working holidays-perhaps Bioware is too *****rdly to go that route?