What would make the expansion worth it?

skiibyrd

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The expansion would be worth it, if subscribers also seen 1000 cartel coins or something that added more incentive to buy their content patch. I'm calling it a patch because calling one planet an expansion is garbage...

It all depends on the content that planet holds though, if makeb offers 10+ hours to level through, and reach level 55, then it may be worth it. It really seems the majority of people DO NOT put having additional Story, SGR, and 1 new planet at the tops of the list.... which is funny considering that has been what the majority of threads have been asking for over the past 5 or so months.

I personally would like more crafting options and oppertunites, more options for guilds (Guild Gear, acheivements, increased XP for leveling toons in the guild, guild buff, guild level, a guild search engine, a guild ship... just to name a few), I would love open world PvP in this game (I'm sick of never actually having a fear of being attacked ANYWHERE I go, and spending over half my time on fleet), BOA cargo hold access, and remote cargo hold access (You could be on a planet and send/recieve items in your Cargo hold anywhere, and have them arrive, and leave kind of like when you buy something off the cartel market), 1 new class, or AT LEAST come up with a cooler race than the cathar, and optimize the Hero engine for large scale battles.

AND.... The #1 thing I would love to actually have happen in this game is.... HAVE THE REPUBLIC BLOW UP THE IMPERIAL FLEET, AND HAVE THE EMPIRE BLOW UP THE RUPUBLIC FLEET!!!!

I personally feel that the fleets absolutely destroy this games experience of having the ability to travel to so many different planets.... it would be nice if each of the capital planets where what the fleets are now... or maybe they could be on a planet where both factions are so you get some PvP action sometimes, or you could be in danger while even going to get a piece of gear... somewhere that we could defend and call our own. the fleet is one of the worst ideas for an MMO IMO because over half your time (when not running dailies for 2 or so hours) is strickly on the fleet... you literally have almost no reason to go anywhere else.

Edited by skiibyrd

Cathar (instead of this nonsense about them being cartel market purchases we got in the Livestream), mini-games such as pazaak, swoop racing, etc (anything to do besides quest and PVP, basically), same gender romances (it was hinted it might come with Makeb and if it did, I would find $10 to be perfectly fine), continuation of existing romance story.

However, even with these things, I wouldn't buy it with real money. We were told our free cartel coins would be able to be used for things like this, and yet they specifically stated this would not be in the cartel shop. That was a very bad move on their part. They want MONEY, not that fake money they made up, that many people were saving specifically for something like this.

So if they don't want the fake money they pushed on me, they can't have any of my money.

No need for a new planet and levels. If they fix just a third of the items on this list and the insistent memory leak I will gladly pay 20 bucks for an expansion. I'm afraid it has come to that.

General

• Players who upgrade their account to Preferred or Subscriber Status will need to exit the game and log back in for all new features to take effect.

• There is not currently an indication for Free-to-Play players to inform them that their characters are not able to use guild repair funds.

• While using looping emotes (such as /dance), players may be unable to open certain containers or unlock abilities.

• Free-to-Play Guild Leaders are currently not able to view default rank permissions.

• If players join a group conversation via holocall, their preset mood emote will not function and can not be set.

Cartel Market

General

• Revan's Robes do not have the correct appearance when equipped.

• The Investigator's Robe does not display as the correct color when equipped.

• The Life Day Orb and Carbonite Chamber currently do not regenerate ammo for Troopers as intended.

• Free-to-Play and Preferred Players are incorrectly allowed to purchase the Legacy Fleet Pass item from the Cartel Market when it has no benefit for them.

• The bottom blade may disappear temporarily when using the Devastator's Double-Bladed Lightsaber and the Warmaster's Double-Bladed Lightsaber.
  • Workaround: Holstering the Lightsaber and drawing it again will cause the blade to reappear.

• Characters with Level 50 are not currently prevented from purchasing or using Experience Boosts.

• Characters with Valor Rank 100 are not currently prevented from purchasing or using Cartel Market Valor Boosts.

Tooltips and UI

• Some items from Cartel Market Packs do not have their intended bind countdown timer, and they will currently bind to characters upon opening the Cartel Pack.

• Some Cartel Market items designate that they can be sold when they can not.

• Some items on the Cartel Market may have missing or incorrect icons.

• The description for unlocking additional inventory slots currently does not inform Subscribers that they are able to unlock additional space using in game credits.

• Some boosts in the Cartel Market do not have complete tooltips.

• The tooltip information for Ball Toss is incomplete.

• The Elegant Loungewear bottoms currently have an incorrect icon in the Cartel Market.

Classes and Combat

• Attacking pets from the opposite faction will cause abilities to have incorrect animation.

Crew Skills

• Once players convert to Subscriber Status, extra Crew Skills are not unlocked automatically. Players must go into the Cartel Market and select which skills to unlock. Players will not be charged for these unlocks after subscribing.

• When sending multiple companion characters on the same mission granted by a Mission Discovery, only the first mission will be successful and duplicate missions will be consumed.

Companion Characters

• If players give a gift to their companion but then unsummon the companion before the cast bar is complete, the gift will disappear and no affection will be granted.

• Khem Val's weapon is not visible when sheathed.

• Companion Lightsaber glowing may persist in some circumstances after the companion has been dismissed.

• Gault: When the ability "Volley" is activated manually by the player, the channel bar will only appear briefly and the ability will cancel early. When it is used by Gault automatically, the channel will work properly.

• Companion conversations will not trigger properly in the Drunkard's Vote Cantina on Coruscant.

Flashpoints and Operations

Flashpoints

• Maelstrom Prison: During the encounter with Grand Moff Kilran, the Fifth Fleet Footmen and Fifth Fleet Gunners may not spawn as intended.

• The Foundry: Players will expereince a client crash after the conversation with Helm Officer Martos. This only occurs in Hard Mode.

Operations

• Explosive Conflict: Transdoshan Cannoneeers and Transdoshan Mercenaries may not spawn during some boss encounters as intended.

• Explosive Conflict: During the encounter with Colonel Vorgath, the Defected Imperial Commander may not spawn as intended.

• Explosive Conflict: The "Protected" buff may remain on Ugnaugh Machinist longer than intended.

• Terror From Beyond: The Gargantuan Lobel may not spawn as intended.

• Terror From Beyond: During the Terror From Beyond encounter several NPCs may not spawn as intended:
  • Unstable Larva
  • Hypergate Irregularities
  • Hypergate Beacons (Hard Mode ONLY)

• Terror From Beyond: During the encounter with Kel'Sara, the "Mark of Death" ability will not be visible by players with a Graphics Quality Preset of "Very Low"

• Terror From Beyond: Recognizer and Regulator's targeting reticles may not display properly when players are standing on the outer (blue) circle of the encounter's platform.

Items

• Some vehicle items have a level requirement that is not displayed to the player. These items cannot be learned even though a player may meet the Speeder Piloting Skill level.

• When purchasing the Czerka Patroller Speeder from Barik on the Republic Fleet, players will not be given a confirmation box before purchasing.

Legacy

• If players are on a mission step that requires them to return to their Capital World (Dromund Kaas or Coruscant), using the Legacy ability "Priority Transport: Capital World" will not properly update the mission step.
  • Workaround: Players must return to their ship, leave the Capital World, and then return by means other than the "Priority Transport: Capital World" Legacy ability in order to advance the mission.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Missions

• Section X: The Shackle Remote mission item from [DAILY] March of the Dread Guard is incorrectly displayed in the Mission Log for [DAILY] Hyperbiology and [DAILY] Targeted Misfire.

• *Section X: Lost Reconnaissance: Slaying the Voracious Tuk'ata does not grant intended progress towards the mission step "Defeat Wild Beasts."

Class Missions

• Trooper: Justice: Players can currently become stuck while attempting to complete the Trooper mission Justice if they fall into a section of missing floor encountered during the mission.
  • Workaround: Players can avoid the hole, but if they become stuck they must use a Fleet Pass or other area transition pass (like Priority Transport: Capital World) to become unstuck.

• Bounty Hunter: Honor or Glory: This misssion does not have mapnotes.

• Bounty Hunter: Number One With A Bullet: The loading screen text does not update as intended. This does not affect the character's game progress, and the mission's completion is valid.

• Sith Warrior: Contact Made: When beginning the mission, it does not show up under Balmorra on the Galaxy Map.

• Sith Inquisitor: The Prophet Arrives: Players are not rewarded with proper lightside/darkside points for this mission.

• Imperial Agent: Hostile Takeover: When using the "Droid Disguise" to infiltrate the VerveGen Corporation, characters will become completely invisible.

• Jedi Consular: Find the Ancient Weapon: This optional Class mission on Voss does not currently update as intended when players successfully loot the mission item.

NPCs

• Currently, the Imperial Fleet does not have a Quesh Commendation Vendor
  • Workaround: Imperial players must travel to the planet to spend Quesh commendations.

PvP

• Ancient Hypergate: Defensive medals may not be properly granted to players defending pylons.

• The codex entry entitled "Ancient Hypergate: Took Cover from Explosion" can be erroneously obtained.

• Players who have reached Valor Rank 100 are not properly promoted to Operations Leader in Warzones.

Space Combat

• Ship armor and shield values do not update as intended when hovering over the UI.

• The proper visual effect will not play for Sith Warriors when sheilds regenerate.

• Engine trails from the back of ships are not displaying properly.

UI

General

• The Trade Window currently does not allow players to remove items.
  • Workaround: Players will need to cancel the current trade and begin again if incorrect items are placed in the window.

• Premium Players who are in a Free-to-Play guild are still shown some UI elements intended for Free-to-Play and Preferred Players.

• When using the Who List to report inappropriate player behavior, there is not currently an option to select a report category.

• If a player selects "x" to cancel after choosing "Set Comment" on the Friends List, the button for "Set Comment" will become unusable.
  • Workaround: Players can reset the UI by pressing CTRL+U twice to resolve the issue.

• The Logout Window will not appear as intended if a player logs out while inside of a phase and in a group.

• Players who are unable to join a chat channel without the proper permission are not currently given an error message.

• Several tooltips in the UI Menu are do not display descriptions properly.

Galactic Trade Network

• The button on the sale tab of the GTN that allows you to purchase additional sale slots is not visible after a player purchases the 4th sale slot upgrade, even though a 5th sale slot upgrade is available in the Cartel Market.

• When attempting to search for only Custom rarity items, the GTN will display both Artifact and Custom items on the Buy tab.

• Preferred Status Players are given an incorrect message indicating their maximum number of GTN sales.

Preview

• The Preview Window may display incorrectly when inspecting other players with the Character Window open.

• The Preview Window does not work as intended in Section X.

• Character Preview does not work as intended in Hard Mode Flashpoints.

• Some items appear with low quality graphics in the Preview Window.

Options and Preferences

• The Unify Color option does not currently function correctly.

• *The option to Enable Movable Secondary Windows does not properly apply to the Cartel Market.

• If players have selected "Hide Head Slot", cinematics will briefly display helmets before they disappear.

Personally, I think to call anything an expansion it has to include a true class story continuation. I know they are claiming this expands the class story, but by their launch definition this is simply a world arc, nothing more.

Barring that, it would need to include a real update to some of the weak systems in the game. Things like new species (more than just cartel Cathar) and improved character customization. Talent overhauls and maybe even dual specs. Vast improvement to social features and mini-games. Stuff like that.

Then again, I don't think the cost is unreasonable given their other price points and what they claim is included. I do happen to agree that it sounds more like a content pack, though, and am not personally interested right now. I am also not particularly invested in the game, either.

Edited by Tumedus

The current content is not an expansion, its a patch. And Im not buying it.

Anything can be useful. Flying mount, Companion or Race.

At least add a new class so we may call this fraud an actual expansion.

Edited by Ravagexe

The current content is not an expansion, its a patch. And Im not buying it.

Anything can be useful. Flying mount, Companion or Race.

At least add a new class so we may call this fraud an actual expansion.

Why does everyone want the WoW **** again, adding a new overpowerd class (DeathKnight - Troll) helps nothing, the classes there are are fine the balance is a little off in pvp, but just fine in pve. Maraus/Snipers as DPS only classe with 100 DPS more than the other DPS Classes is just fine, since they are no hybrids^^

Nobody knows whats in the Package before its on the PTS so, I payed the 8 Euros and will wait, Since Story is good in this game even if its only 10 hours its more story than a random shooter gives you for 50 Euros^^

So many threads out there right now saying this expansion pack is an outrage because its $10 one time fee, that us subscribers have to pay in addition to our monthly sub. What I want to know, for everyone who is complaining about it, is what would, REALISTICALLY, make the expansion worth $10 in your opinion (Please keep them to things that the Dev's add, or include in this expansion in the time they have until its release)

Lets Hope they see this thread, and lets try to give some constructive feedback!

Easy answer

What would make a expansion worth it? nothing, you cANT have A REAL EXPANSION for $10.00

MMORPG EXPANSIONS are not priced and designed like ME3 DLC packages.

DLC is NOT relatable to a MMORPG EXPANSION.

Cant say it any more clear then that.

See I have no issue dropping $40.00, $50.00, $60.00 for a full on expansion

But I was guaranteed (in writing by someone who could speak on behalf of the company) that content updates would be free to subscribers. I dont care what some guy said a few months later in a Q&A most people dont see. THAT IS NOT A LEGAL AND BINDING REVERSAL FROM CLEARLY STATED POLICY. Its actually one of the validations I gave myself after all the screw ups and mickey mouse management sheep dumps on us the customer to not quit and continue to sub. Sub and you get the content updates free so only will have to pay for a full blown expansion.

They did NOT say they were going to cut a expansion into 10 parts and over charge us $10.00 for 1/10th-1/15th of a full expansion. You do realize by charging $10.00 for this DLC you are agreeing to pay $100.00 - $150.00 for a normal real expansion dont you? $10.00 is NOT the favor you all think it is.

So to answer your question, give me a full on expansion the size of the most recent Rift expansion and ill gladly and happily pay $40.00-$60.00 for it.

But to rename a content update (and yes, anyone with a working brain knows this is NOT the definition of expansion that they offering up) an expansion so you can nickle and dime your remaining subscribers. Thats so cheap *** moronic is insulting.

What I expect in a Expansion for SW:TOR

- minimum 3 new fully developed planents (Size of Hoth/Tatooine each with fully developed world storylines)

- minimum 6 new post 50 "zones" added to existing worlds in the SW:TOR game (prefer 1 to each starter planent so a reason to go back there and then 1 to each home planet (Corescaunt and DK)

-new companions like the HK unit with simular mechanics to obtain

- expanded class storylines

- minimum 2 new races

-minimum 2 new classes (1 imp and 1 rep)

-(id add Pazzaak and swoop racing but to be honest that should be included in next content patch with a HUGE HEART FELT APOLOGY FOR NOT LAUNCHING WITH THEM IN GAME)

Id gladly pay for a expansion with that.

The most recent Rift expansion TRIPLED THE WORLD SIZE, redid PVP and created the much in demand RVR (the same RVR we been asking for since day one of the forums), introduced a entire new faction complete with new storylines and homelands. and much much more. Heck if I could stand Fantasy right now id go play Rift in a heart beat. I want Sci Fi and Star Wars.

THATS what would make call this content update a expansion.

Oh ill probably get the content update and ill probably begrudgingly give EA $10.00 for 5 cents worth of content (someone elsewhere on this forum broke down the costs when comparing the released version and what we got with this content update) as I do enjoy the game for the most part.

But when I do close this game down.

Last EA product ever allowed in this house.....EVER!

Customers do get the final say EA and your mortgaging long term loyalty for short term gain with this customer and many many more based on the replies through out this forum and in game from many.

Maybe you should go ask some other developers how moves like that work out long term when your ignoring the backlash feedback on these forums.

/getoffsoapbox

Well, it seems like we won't get another chapter to our class stories. But if you want to know what I expect for just $10.-

2+ Flashpoints

1 Operation

(not confirmed, though it is confirmed that there will be new end-game content, we just haven't been told yet what it will be)

5 more levels (confirmed)

An additional tier to our skilltrees or an additional skill tree (additional tier is confirmed)

At least one big planet with leveling content (confirmed, including that it's sized comparable to the bigger planets we already have, so hello Taris II)

2-3 new armor models (not just retextures) for each advanced class (not confirmed)

New crafting blueprints (not confirmed)

And I think I'm already pushing my expectations FOR ONLY TEN BUCKS here. But at the same time, I think I'm pretty much spot on with my expectations as well.

Sorry to those expecting a WoW-FotLK size expansion, but that's obviously not going to happen for just $10. It's going to be somewhere between a quarter and a third the size of Fail of the Lich King, which seems perfectly right at just about a quarter of the price. And thank god we're not getting any of those bloody class overhauls.

You sure about the additional tier of skills? The last I heard they were promising one more ability per advanced class and a couple more skills which does not to me translate as an additional tier of skills.

I would like the loot model changed. I would like to see large chests added to all encounters. Everyone gets to loot it them selves and get their own set of loot. Abolish need greed rolling. at each boss kill let everyone get their own loot.

New class

New class chapters

Guild Capitol Ships (Non Instanced) Attackable / Defendable

Guild ships with upgradable complement of fighters.

Jedi / Sith companions for smuggler / agent / BH / Trooper classes with companion quests.

Further integration of HK-51 into the leveling process (Not just a lvl 50+ Companion)

More then just death match CTF or king of the hill warzones.

The return of Ilum large scale warzones with max player limits before another Instance opens.

Ways for an entire quild to enter Ilum type warzone as a group. (max of 50 players) or 50% of zone max.

Ways for multiple guilds to team up for Ilum type warzone as a group.

Ways for Rebels of one server to fight Imps of another server in Ilum type warzones.

Ways for rebels of one server to join rebels of another server to fight the sith of 2 or more servers.

Account wide address books so If a friend is online but on another server I can see them and chat or email them. (TXT only)

New unexplored completely wild planets to explore. Not part of any existing quests or story. No one has dominance over them.

50 levels to attain

I would gladly pay 40 or 50 bucks for this amount of content.

I would like the loot model changed. I would like to see large chests added to all encounters. Everyone gets to loot it them selves and get their own set of loot. Abolish need greed rolling. at each boss kill let everyone get their own loot.

I'm sure you remember the lootbags they had for ops in beta. If only they had ignored the "hardcore" controlfreaks at the time and pushed through with the idea, and not only that, but expanded it to Flashpoints. No guarantee that the bag would contain anything useful to the player, only a guarantee that everybody would get something. And not only that, "useless" stuff would often still be useful to gear up companions, which is quite problematic with the system we have now. Most players gear up only one of their companions while completely ignoring the rest, never encouraged to use those other companions, since they're all undergeared and gearing them is too expensive or costs too much time..

for me a new race would be needed. 5 extra levels dont mean anything to me thats just a couple of days playing the game.

or if no new race then i would want a real crafting system!!! and the ability to change the colors of the crap i make!!

o and for the planet to be fully explorable!!!!! no GOD darned invisible exhaustion zones!!!! you know how many times i have died on tat just because of stupid *** exhaustion zones??? way too many!!!!!

Edited by Edzew

Space Combat that aren't poorly-designed single-player missions on rails.

- Open World Space Areas/Missions.

- Multiplayer Space combat

- Space Flashpoints and Ops.

- Better space ships that level up like your character, and are more customizable.

THAT would be an expansion I would gladly pay for.

Edited by Tommerbobby

6-7 new fp's, 3 new ops, and a soft gear reset with the leveling greens superior to dread guard. In addition a continuation of each class story based on all the decision that could be individually made that could have an impact while maintaining high priority on fixing every bug that pops up and making sure they stay squashed while also slowly progressing the overall story in the war between the empire and the republic.

Would never happen, but I can dream can't I?

For me, I would like to see,

a nightmare mode for at least some of the FP's.

a full size world bigger than any existing world,

a really good story

some class balance fixes

new useful skills

new pets

cc bonus for subs

more legacy gear (sabers hint hint hint)

a huge upgrade to the legacy system (its a great idea, that is poorly executed)

We can have least one new class.

A total revamp on space missions rather than rail shooter.

Pod racing PvP.

Storyline for each class.

But more than anything, I want free space roaming with my ship. If you are not going to give it to me, then your "expansion" can go to hell. Everybody knows that if there is one thing that can save this game to higher ground, its open world space simulation.

Been palying this since its out, went ahead for a while and recently returned. Im not shocked to see NOTHING changed at all. Except a bunch of limitations and a very clever CashShop. Do they even care at all for this game? It is very surprising that someone actually designed a bunch of missions and land under the name "new expansion".

Edited by Ravagexe

An expansion thats worth $10 or more for me would have to have:

1) One new character species (Kaleesh #1, Nautolan #2, Kel Dor #3, Weequay #4)

2) More character slots (atleast 2, but unlimited would rock)

3) Extra story content

4) Level cap increased to 55

5) Crafting increased by at least 50 - 100 and gear level 51 - 55 added

6) New planet

7) New Flashpoints (maybe 2 or 3) and 1 Operation

8) 1 month FREE as subscriber

They are adding a planet Makeb, increasing lvl cap to 55, and adding story but I would like a new species and character slots cause Star Wars has soooooo many species we could be and I am full on my 12 slots.

Edited by Darth_Vainous
clarification of 1st xpac want plus added 1 month free

Probably something like :

1)PvP or Multiplayer PvE Space Combat

2)Introduce a new minigame(either Pazaak or Pod Racing) and adding PvP to it as well.

3)At least 1 new species.

4)2 or 3 raids with 2 new Tiers.

5)Some kind of a faction choice on the planet(with permament consequenses on your char),so that it adds replayability

6)Increased Proffesions cap with higher difficulty crafting.

7)2 new Companions(They can be aliens if VA is the problem).

8)A LOT of new legacy perks

9)FP that "almost"conclude every area story(connected with each other,but always leaving a small bit of story to be concluded either in the HM FP version or in a raid)

The list can go on and on...but at least "some" of these will make it worthwhile...

Don't forget that even if it's not a "normal" expansion,it's supposed to add some solid gameplay duration.

Seriously,no one wants to find himself capping the lvl in 1-3 days and then just running dailies(aka exactly what everyone is doing right now) and nothing more.

Edit/Tip : Giving away at least 10 days of game time with the expansion could somehow soften the angry community ;)

Edited by Dimvou