Give us new classes!

ObiJuanShenobi

I think an expansion should wait until they can add a couple of new classes with it. I'm all for expansions but this one seems a little...meh.

Here are my suggestions for new classes:

- Empire: Imperial Infantry Soldier

- Republic: SIS Agent

What do you guys think? What classes would you see added?

TBH. Agent and Trooper both pretty much play like a soldier during normal world missions. I can't see making yet another guy with a gun class would be that special. Maybe you should come up with some ideas that would make that class, and its advance classes, unique and post that for people to build on. TBH, I don't see what would be special about either of these other than they wear diffferent armor.

Furthermore, I don't know about everyone else, but after 6 characters I'm done with the story grind, it would have to be one super-awsome and unique class to make me go through that again.

Edited by bahdasz

Well, since both force user classes are playable on both sides I was thinking they might just add a Republic Agent since it's already in lore as well as republic bounty hunters. Vice versa for empire. Imperial trooper and Imperial smugglers. It's possible but unlikely.

Yes I realize that the classes mirror each other but having two options of play for a said AC isn't a bad thing on on faction.

Edited by spectreclees

with it being f2p i cant see any large expenditure of monies for such. it will require a LOT of resources to do it which i am sure they feel will be better used in other areas to make more money. perhaps in a few years it might happen but not in the near future.

Agent and Smuggler are the same thing. Put an armor set on a smuggler and it's an agent. Put clothing-looking armor on an agent and it's a smuggler. MIRROR classes, hello?

If it wasn't an already existing class with new name it would be alright... but what are you going to make it do that the other 4 ranged classes in both factions aren't already doing?

I was also hoping for new classes, but then i realized how difficult new classes will be for tor compared to other MMOs, as in 1 new class needs:

10 new companions (5 for each side)

2 new storylines

4 new voice actors (reusing is possible, but unless they're all Claudia Black, or greatly differentiate their voice, people will be upset)

2 new ships (reusing is possible, but once again, people will be upset)

Balancing and new powers that regular MMOs deal with

I imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer...

And all of these things were why they were told repeatedly in beta that the system they had developed would make it very difficult to add lots of content and additions in a timely and efficient manner.

I would rather them fix guardians and juggernauts as tanks. They really can't maintain much threat in groups and their taunts are on too long of a cooldown, same with other classes taunts. They need to fix existing classes first before even thinking about new ones..

Someone posted upthread the idea of hero classes (like DK from WoW). I imagine this is the most practical idea for adding a new class, as then you're not talking about ALL the work of developing a new class story from the ground up. Say that add this in the expansion after RotHC, they only need to create 5-10 levels of new voiced story content (if you get to start this hero class at or near max level).

We have plenty of classes and there is no need for more, what we do need is more playable species.

Besides some of our existing classes are still in need of tweaks, fixes and some fine tuning in general.

Edited by Vlacke

We have plenty of classes and there is no need for more, what we do need is more playable species.

Besides some of our existing classes are still in need of tweaks, fixes and some fine tuning in general.

Agreed. I would rather have this than new classes and I would imagine it would be easier to implement as well. I would pay good money to play as a wookie BH. Why can't I do that? Give me that in the cartel market and you've got my money.

Someone posted upthread the idea of hero classes (like DK from WoW). I imagine this is the most practical idea for adding a new class, as then you're not talking about ALL the work of developing a new class story from the ground up. Say that add this in the expansion after RotHC, they only need to create 5-10 levels of new voiced story content (if you get to start this hero class at or near max level).

wow, RotHC. That is how we are abbreviating that? That is long :eek:

The only way they can add new classes to the game, is if they branch out from the existing advanced classes. That would be as and example Trooper evolves to Commando and Vanguard and then Vanguard evolves into 1 or 2 and the same with commando and vice versa on Imp side. But then again, you cant expand them from 10 and up, you would probably have to expand them from 55-60 something, so an advanced class of the advanced class. Only possible way I see it.

No thank you, I'm absolutely not interrested in resources wasted on more classes. I'd rather see new chapters to our class-stories instead of only planet arcs. And maybe the addition of either some more advanced classes to existing classes, or having the existing advanced classes further split up into specialization classes.