Havent found many bugs,

Great graphics (Enable Anti Aliasing),

Mature gaming feeling,

Awesome environment,

Difficulty level in learning the game is perfect,

The red thread is easy to follow,

Keeping it simple,

There is a flow in the game that catches you,

I agree. My husband and I ran a flashpoint together last night and it just felt epic. We actually felt like we were running around a ship and fighting the boarding party. The behavior of the npcs was totally believable. It wasn't super challenging but there was some planning involved. All in all it was just a great experience. I look forward to many more.

I can't seem to post images here so please see this article. And give it some nerd love. But you know, in a totally platonic way.

Nice to see someone on the internet with an actual interest in the written word. Breath of fresh air really. One can only take so much 'i haz hawt gfx plx gieb moneh' - Article was fantastic as well. I agree with more or less all of it. out with the old, in with the new. So long my pointy ear'd f®iends!

you know whats a wow killer? real life. I rather grind for gold for real. Just saying.

Just had the image of you running around your local town center with a stick, hitting people and stealing their cash and their coats. Then trying to trade in ten coats for a better stick.

What I like so much about all you had to say was that it was exactly the way you summed it up in the title. It was YOUR WoW killer.

The points you made were amusing and very much your own experience, but it was a general point-to-point that I believe everyone who has every logged into WoW and SW:TOR can relate to on one level or another. This was not a, "SW:TOR is superior to WoW and everyone agrees with me." article. You made very clear that it was your experience and THAT in the end is what this is all about.

The companies want to know what it's customer base are faced with and how they can make their product something they'll want to see more of. You've done a shining job. Friended. :)

Edited by Diamond_Vex

Great article. I've been playing fantasy games since the late 90s and I grew tired of them as well. Frankly, I grew to hate WoW. I leveled to 60 rapidly at release and then started another character. My lifespan at that point was short, as I'd be butchered by level 60s every time I logged in. What a total bore. Yes, I know it's probably much better now, but I never went back. Griefers made the game miserable.

Yeah I actually really enjoyed my time in WoW for many years. It was while playing beta for this game that my mind crystallized just why it was tired of WoW. You don't realize what a difference voice acting makes until you experience it. They have gotten so many things right with this game that I can happily jump through the ups and downs expected with all MMOs. We all know it will get fixed, it will get better, and there will always be people who are unhappy.

Very nice read!

I left WoW several months ago (shortly after maxing a couple of toons in Cata) as it became very boring to me. Killing the Lich King was my goal for that game, everything after that was just same ol' same ol'. Good game, but I finished it (for me). :D

p.s. I wonder if some of these posters actually read the whole thing if they think you are a guy... ;)

Excellent article! I agree with most of it. SWToR feels more like KoToR/ME than just another MMO. I haven't done a quest in a group yet I'm lvl 20 and definetly not bored!

WoW felt like: get a quest, kill mobs/loot stuff, turn the quest, repeat.

SWToR feels like a game. You have a good story that makes you want to play the game for hours. The lore is known to pretty much anyone.

What I like the most, beside having my OWN ship, is that every class is appealing. Want to be a Jedi ? Be one. Want to be a Han Solo clone ? Be one. Even if the class doesn't suits my play style, I still want to try them ALL.

Really the only things that can go wrong with this game is post-launch content. IF BioWare can deliver great content, great expantion and fix the issues EVERY MMO has at launch, we have a WoW killer!

This is why this game sucks. It's a single player experience. MMO should hinge on the interaction between other players, not the independence from them

Very nice read!

I left WoW several months ago (shortly after maxing a couple of toons in Cata) as it became very boring to me. Killing the Lich King was my goal for that game, everything after that was just same ol' same ol'. Good game, but I finished it (for me). :D

p.s. I wonder if some of these posters actually read the whole thing if they think you are a guy... ;)

Yeah I wasn't going to say anything, lol.

One thing I will mention that could happen in SWTOR is.... Beware of the Ewok! I heard thats the next playable race....discuss.. :)

Ewoks? I don't want to be a hater so I'll just say I liked them as a kid. Hopefully that's not their target market.

Ewoks? I don't want to be a hater so I'll just say I liked them as a kid. Hopefully that's not their target market.

Yes the one thing that ruined "Return of the Jedi" for me. Whilst the fight between Darth and Luke made it,,, shame that music is not in the game...just thinking abt it makes me want to go watch it again.

The only thing I feel I disagree with in the article is the whole "feeling inferior" thing.

Jedis start as Padwans. Sith Inquistors are slaves.

Jedis start with glowing nerf bats.

Meanwhile, looking at Troopers and Smugglers....

Troopers start with the bad*** distinction of being a Sgt. No one really wants to be an officer. Sgt. is the way to go! And, they start with the weapons they will move forward with. Rifles, blasters, etc.

I kinda feel like Jedi get the short end of the stick. They'll give noobie gun shooters REAL guns right out of the gate. But Jedi, who are supposed to be responsible, in control of their powers and able to make major life and death decisions, get a glowing plastic bat?

What gives? :D

But, a good article OP! Put a smile on my face!

While I agree that the training swords feel sucky... it's worht it for that sense of achievement when you get your first lightsaber. It was just.. awesome. Hearing that perfect sound effect when you draw it for the first time. And feeling like a ****** when you get to use it.