The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There should be Nothing in CM that a sub can't get ingame.

gabarooni

And thats all I have to say about that.

So what is in the CM that can't be sold on the GTN, and thus acquired in game?

I actually agree with your comment but would frame it a bit more specific. Everything available in the CM should be obtainable by subscribers through playing the actual game, not playing the GTN.

I'd even expand that a bit and say things like recolored armor sets would be fine for CM 'exclusives', but things like the Jedi robes being only available in the CM is an insult to the player base. Those robes should have been in the game a long time ago, and should never have been a CM exclusive item outside a recolor of an in-game set.

Also some things should only be available by playing the actual game, and not available in the CM. I find it ridiculous that legacy stuff is available in the CM as a way to just skip past actually playing the game, same with the Grade 7 space parts.

Edited by DawnAskham

Im not seeing the real value in some of those ship add ons either. Leave em legacy. If legacy items are quick purchases on the CM, whats the point of legacy?

My thoughts exactly. It's like the power creep on legacy was their Cash shop. The hell with leveling it, just go buy it all now. The more I think about it, the more I get angry lol. It's sad.

I agree. Bioware's current approach seems to be - particularly with the space debacle - "Well, you CAN get some of it by actually playing the game for 100x more effort, but if you throw us a few bucks you can have it right now!" - didn't take them long to slide all the way to the bottom of that slope. :rolleyes:

The cartel market has become an utter joke, particularly with that monstrosity of a mount up for the price it is. Might aswell take it all the way and throw a suit of Elite War Hero up for 93247435 coins, at least then you can thoroughly piss off what is left of your subscribers.

So much for "the importance of player feedback with free 2 play" eh hickman?

I actually agree with your comment but would frame it a bit more specific. Everything available in the CM should be obtainable by subscribers through playing the actual game, not playing the GTN.

I'd even expand that a bit and say things like recolored armor sets would be fine for CM 'exclusives', but things like the Jedi robes being only available in the CM is an insult to the player base. Those robes should have been in the game a long time ago, and should never have been a CM exclusive item outside a recolor of an in-game set.

Also some things should only be available by playing the actual game, and not available in the CM. I find it ridiculous that legacy stuff is available in the CM as a way to just skip past actually playing the game, same with the Grade 7 space parts.

With the Color matching and use of a couple of different armors you can get a very similar set just need have a synthweaver that has the schems or a friend that has the same. And that was availible at launch and selling on Anchorhead for about a million credits for just the chestplate. I don't have a problem with the CM version at all. The only suggestion that I would actually agree with in regards to the CM would be an addition of CTS. Heck they monitized UI how about giving us a CTS, make it like all the other unlocks so we can buy it with real and sell it on the GTN even so that people can get it by being wealthy in game even if they can't afford it IRL.

And jack the prices up on some of those ship unlocks. It's ridiculous some of my friends spent millions decking their ship out with droids, mailboxes, gtns and now they are so cheap on the Cartel market.

slap in the face.

Thats the way it always is. First adopters always pay more than the ones who come later.

Some of you guys either don't get the point of the post or are choosing to completely ignore it. There are a few ways to go about F2P models and SWTOR is at the gouging end of the spectrum.

A MT market should, among boosts and certain types of cosmetics like recolors and styles, merely be a shortcut to ingame gear; instead we have market-exclusive gear that can only be placed in-game when a player purchases it with their credit card. This is the viewpoint which the OP is presenting.

Whether you agree or disagree, at least try to understand the thread before poisoning it with your lack of comprehension.

Edited by Sanctioned

I agree. Bioware's current approach seems to be - particularly with the space debacle - "Well, you CAN get some of it by actually playing the game for 100x more effort, but if you throw us a few bucks you can have it right now!" - didn't take them long to slide all the way to the bottom of that slope. :rolleyes:

The cartel market has become an utter joke, particularly with that monstrosity of a mount up for the price it is. Might aswell take it all the way and throw a suit of Elite War Hero up for 93247435 coins, at least then you can thoroughly piss off what is left of your subscribers.

So much for "the importance of player feedback with free 2 play" eh hickman?

I think they SHOULD sell elite war hero gear on the cartel market, but make it ridiculously expensive. Then color it a really garish and obvious color (I'm thinking neon chartreuse). That way we can all laugh at the people who payed $500 for an armor set.

You mean stuff that costs over one million? I thought I am playing sub based game where I do not have to work against Asian Market Mafia.

Anyway, OP, I agree with you. Sadly, there are still players who think this is awesome and let BW make fool out of them.

Everything can be sold on the GTN. So there is nothing in the CM that anyone cannot get in game.

Blue-Cyan War Hero's Crystal?

Stylish Dancer Top?

Ship Droid Customizations?

It's probably a bug, and that is the general assumption as well.

BUT I haven't seen any developer or anything actually specifically stating that those are bugged rather than intended to be BOP. It's awfully quiet in the threads where those items are brought up.

Some of you guys either don't get the point of the post or are choosing to completely ignore it. There are a few ways to go about F2P models and SWTOR is at the gouging end of the spectrum.

A MT market should, among boosts and certain types of cosmetics like recolors and styles, merely be a shortcut to ingame gear; instead we have market-exclusive gear that can only be placed in-game when a player purchases it with their credit card. This is the viewpoint which the OP is presenting.

Whether you agree or disagree, at least try to understand the thread before poisoning it with your lack of comprehension.

QFT. Ignorant trolls need to read more, and troll less. this isn't about buying gear off the GMT, it's about a f2p ideology. Bio wants to gouge people...exclusives are proof. I just picked up LotRO again...everything in the store is available in game without involving the store. they even allow free players to earn points (subs earn points as well in addition to getting a free allowance). Bio is just the opposite....they give subs free, but then force us to use them if we want to get some of the items that people have been clamoring for for ages....things that simply should be in game.

You mean stuff that costs over one million? I thought I am playing sub based game where I do not have to work against Asian Market Mafia.

Anyway, OP, I agree with you. Sadly, there are still players who think this is awesome and let BW make fool out of them.

There are people paying $30-40 to keep the same unlocks in the game as they could get by just paying a sub, is that a great idea, no because it is a one time payment, is it a good way to get some revenue, and maybe get some interest in the game, maybe but it is still to early to make any accurate estimations on it.

As to the equipment skins, and speeders. Does someone that purchases them gain any actual benefits from the purchase other than a pretty skin that might not otherwise be availible to them? Nope not really. Yes you can wear an armor as a Jedi Consular that would normally be medium or heavy and looks like a Sith set, but do you really gain any stats from it? Nope it's just a shell yeah granted some of them come with Mods, and I can understand a gripe about that, but really the +41 crystals with the Level 10 requirement are more of a problem then being able to buy CM skins with or without mods in them.

I just love how people always say, go buy the items on the GTN. Well guess what, all the prices for CM stuff is so crap anymore. So many greedy people, hence the reason why some aren't happy with CM drops. Things being more than 100k credits yielded from CM is such a joke. I'm a subscriber, but i don't feel like one. Spending 15 a month and only seeing 500 cartel coins a month seems a bit low. There should be more offered to subscribers over the common F2P people. If anything they should add all of the harder to get crystals to the cartel packs, so people have a bigger hope to get the one crystal they want. Or be able to use cartel coins to purchase credits, this way it would probably halt inflation by those greedy tards....

I'd actually suggest making the items from cartel packs available to subscribers as a direct purchase (also with Cartel Coins), but as bind on pickup. It'd definitely stabilize the game economy.

But that's something for Bioware to figure out. If 90% of the Cartel Coins are sold to people WITH subscription rather than to people without, then I doubt that's ever going to happen.

Besides, they have more things to sort out first. Like the Bind on Pickup bug some cartel items have, the completely messed up rarity on some items (Revan's Robes seem more common than any piece from the Stylish Dancer outfit!), and last but not least: make the items vendorable! It's currently cheaper to buy an adaptive vehicle from the GTN, than it is to buy a non-adaptive 90% speed vehicle from a vendor! That's just plain wrong! Either all vendor speeders need to become adaptive as well, or we should be able to vendorize these adaptive vehicles (and a lot of other stuff from the Cartel Store) for the listed vendor price, so their minimal price on the GTN rises above 25k.