PLEASE let me choose which war zones I want to play in.

weapon_x

The reason they kept it out is completely sound. Just because you hate Hutt Ball doesn't mean everyone does. But by adding the ability to choose, you can get people that will want to play something nobody else would, thus leading to people never being able to play something they want to.

If you make it completely random, people can play everything, but have no say. Each person plays both what he likes and dislikes. Its a balance

This is something that should have been in at release, along with a ton of other things. Just one more reason I cancelled my sub.

I HATE hutt ball. I would like to not be forced to play it.

Another in a long line of failures in this game. The numbers are dropping so quick if they let us pick which one to play the waits would be horrible. I canceled after 11 days of play. Thats all I could stand in this game.

if they put cross server wz, we could choose our war zones

I'm sorry but when I think of war zone it isnt an area big as a basketball court which is what we currently have. You will never see full scale planet warzones because the game engine they are using cant handle it. During beta we tried with 50 per side and crashed the server every time.

The reason they kept it out is completely sound. Just because you hate Hutt Ball doesn't mean everyone does. But by adding the ability to choose, you can get people that will want to play something nobody else would, thus leading to people never being able to play something they want to.

If you make it completely random, people can play everything, but have no say. Each person plays both what he likes and dislikes. Its a balance

In all hoensty, the same happens now.

Although now I'm more "lets just get this **** over with.." I know on my laptop I cannot play Voidstar without the game freezing, so I always leave as soon as possible, so what happens when Voidstar is 95% of what I would be stuck with on X days? (when I'm on my home computer this issue is rare though, but the concept remains)

I would rather be allowed to choose, and many toher threads in the past have been asking for this as well. I honeslty believe we should be able to choose what we want and allow to show how many people are que'd for each WZ.

And that leads to dropped players and therefore an imbalance. Why would I play Huttball if I dislike it? I will drop and requeue until I get a map I like. If a deserter debuff is added I will do the absolute minimum to avoid afk kicking, still hating huttball and refusing to participate as intended.

Seriously? So by that logic then there should just be one HM FP courier, and you just sign up for one and do whichever FP it throws you in. How come PvEers get to choose which content they do, but PvPers don't? Maybe if they didn't force people to do crappy warzones they could use the statistics from how many of each are played to determine what kind of content PvPers want and not make keep making crappy warzones. Just a thought.

Games are supposed to be fun, if you think being forced to do something you don't like is fun then you have a seriously weak grasp on reality.

Edited by bahdasz

Seriously? So by that logic then there should just be one HM FP courier, and you just sign up for one and do whichever FP it throws you in. How come PvEers get to choose which content they do, but PvPers don't? Maybe if they didn't force people to do crappy warzones they could use the statistics from how many of each are played to determine what kind of content PvPers want and not make keep making crappy warzones. Just a thought.

Games are supposed to be fun, if you think being forced to do something you don't like is fun then you have a seriously weak grasp on reality.

I reckon that's because the majority still queues everything just to get the daily bonus.

Which actually isn't a bad idea most likely. Give 100rated comms for queuing random. But knowing players people would probably moan even more at how the game forces them to do it.

BW should have just done what wow does. If you want to complete the pvp quest you have to run random map queue. Almost every one goes for the random queue, but if you really want to play a particular map you can queue for that one map, but you wont get any bonus honor or in this game commendations or be able to complete your pvp quest.

BW should have just done what wow does. If you want to complete the pvp quest you have to run random map queue. Almost every one goes for the random queue, but if you really want to play a particular map you can queue for that one map, but you wont get any bonus honor or in this game commendations or be able to complete your pvp quest.

This, plus i think they wasted a bit of dev time on the new bg, not saying its bad but they really have to stop thinking of making new game types, new maps would be good enough, especialy in hutball.

Its a great game and a few dif maps would make all the difference espec if we could have arena style teams for it within its own ranking or league table.

I used to hate Huttball as badly as the OP but that was because the learning curve was so steep for players. Half the time only about three people understood what to do and the rest just ran around team death matching which ruined any chance of winning.

As of late I have noticed that Huttball matches go fairly well, everyone gets the point and I see more wins than losses. HOWEVER the new warzone is now 'the old huttball' as again players learning curve is quite drawn out in this game. Perhaps something to do with the sheer amount of casuals in the game? I dont know. I blame it on backpeddling and keyboard turning when the erage really sets in. ;)

Regardless, I disagree that you should be able to queue for matches. If that were the case I think the only wzs you would see pop are Civil Bore and Derpstar (stolen names from an old PvP mate of mine!) as they are the easiest for people to understand. At the end of the day sometimes you just don't always get what you want. Frankly, I think people have it pretty easy now. I remember when the ONLY warzone that ever popped was Huttball because you couldnt battle anyone but the opposite faction in other warzones, thus most players (especially imperials) would see 8-10 Huttballs in a row. NOW thats a reason to unsub, not just randomly getting a Huttball once in a while IMO.

Yes please. I played 6 matches of Voidstar yesterday and I absolutely loathe Voidstar, so on my fifth match I wasn't very motivated at all. It is absolutely ridiculous that we CAN'T chose which wz we want to play. I gladly wait a bit longer if I get the option the exclude one and wz matches are popping up so quickly, I don't think it would be such a huge difference if we could exclude one single warzone.

Rift was released WITH the choice of warzone you wanted to play, PERIOD. This actually INCREASED the number of pvp'ers because people could go for what they WANTED to play.

Odd that, huh?

I personally hate voidstar, tollerate the others and love Huttball - if I could, I'd drop voidstar and possibly the new warzone and basically do the Alderaan map and huttball in a cycle, as my choice. Others may only want to exclude Huttball because they hate it. Personal choice.

would be an easy fix if bioware would ever realize what mmo freedom is. All bioware has to do is what blizzard did...give people the option to queue for whatever warzone they want and include the random warzone daily that can only be completed through the random queue....problem solved.

Another in a long line of failures in this game. The numbers are dropping so quick if they let us pick which one to play the waits would be horrible. I canceled after 11 days of play. Thats all I could stand in this game.

Cancelled after 11 days, yet you have paid to post here for a year now... lol

That is dumb. you dont know what you're asking.

Bioware leave it as it is. This way we have healthy and timely queues. More people would leave if they had to wait ages for the queues to pop up.

Huttball is my favorite WZ and i want more of it! Learn how to play sports. Its not all about ganking.

Edited by Nemmar

For the love of God, LET ME AT LEAST VOTE ONE WZ OUT.

I would simply remove huttball from my random queueing rotation. That's not too much to ask. I hate huttball with the passion of a 1000 suns.

Why do you hate huttball? Cause you dont get it?

Heres a hint. CC people, run ahead of the ball carrier so he can pass you.

Do that and you'll have an awesome time. Huttball is about reading the game and positioning. If you dont like it, you will never be any good at any other of the maps aswell. At least not on an organised team.

Why do you hate huttball? Cause you dont get it?

Heres a hint. CC people, run ahead of the ball carrier so he can pass you.

Do that and you'll have an awesome time. Huttball is about reading the game and positioning. If you dont like it, you will never be any good at any other of the maps aswell. At least not on an organised team.

Hmm, huttball fanboi huh, let me guess, your main toon is a Counselar/Inquisitor, right? Or a force user of some kind.

Just curious. :D

Casting aside, for the moment, your assinine attempt to casually relate huttball competency to sports knowledge/skill, (ooh, I get it, theres a BALL), just because you seem to be enamoured with this map, doesnt mean everyone else has to. Whats wrong with choice?

Also, what other maps include acid baths and fire traps? You see, I'm trying to determine how success in this map, equates to success in other currently available maps.

Edited by Variden