Since the level cap is going up to lvl 55, what abilities would you like to see?

RaithHarth

Heroic ability, call second companion. but from what i have gathered (e3 presentation) we will just be nicking an ability from what the npcs do so take your pick from them.

There are actually plenty of npc abilities that I love. Most of those npc's are elites or champions though

For all you hunters out there, I killed the swoop gang pilot on Hutta recently and liked his abilities :)

This one really isn't a spoiler unless your new to the game or never played on the Empire: on a Dromuund Kaas heroic, you fight a bunch of mandos, then the champion mandalorian leader and he has really cool abilities.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see weapon training abilities melded into a KOTOR style system (ie dual wield and DBLS use falls under the same ability so players have more options available to customize the weapons load out their character uses just like with clothing). Ideally this would be branched out to like classes though it would take a lot of work to make it so no class/role is forced to choose one style over the other to be most effective at their class. But I would love it if my Shadow had the option to use either a DBLS or Dual Wield because that weapon training is covered under the same ability (or even use a single lightsaber or one of the other weapons the class has training for but can't use without gimping yourself).

And for my Jedi Shadow (DPS) I'd like to see more abilities put in that give the option to make the Shadow's fighting style even more martial and further decrease (or eliminate the use of Force powers from the rotation). The key is making the abilities optional so rather than adding new abilities to the existing rotation you're creating alternate saber/martial abilities for the Force abilities that are already part of the rotation. So instead of Force Breach you could use a new fancy saber move or punch/kick that serves the exact same purpose (and perhaps benefits from the exact same buffs). In essence give me alternate abilities to customize the rotation that determine's my character's fighting style.

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

I would like something along the lines of this!

I want to add something to allow customization of characters etc. It should be separate points though and separate tree. I think galaxies had a similar concepts for different things but I don't remember. so adding more trees to allow more character design. And I think the ideas I've mentioned wouldn't be to hard to balance out. and they are circumstantial.

I'll add you could also add a sheild reflect for sheild users. Either 100% chance to reflect on deflect and hit if it actualy goes through the target for some chance using the geometry for some percentage like 50%. Or an automated one where it goes for 100% damage and reflects for 10% chance since it is going to be on tank classes at that point. where the jedi reflect will be more expensive with different odds. and for more users.

That and:

My idea of adding willpower/forcepower to melee damage for sages two sword swings and crit chance from willpower.

Plus the .5% force return from The basic swing(3xhits for 1.5%) and the double saber strike producing something like 2x25% movement reducing stuns to make it utilitarian for sages. And of course return of 30 meter range for Sages Force stun. I think these three should be sage boosts given in the sage powers window so it's not automatic and not in the tree where only some sages get it. Like the ability to have no timer on revive ally.

The different abilities for melee could be added at different levels or even be part of the first idea potentially. though the stun should probably be sage only. Though I don't know anything about shadows so who knows. I'm assuming the melee abilities are more benign on sages over shadows. And the stun is just appropriate for sages again.

Edited by Aital

I would like to see a throwing knife ability for imperial agents, could spec into making the knife explode, leave internal damage, stun, electrocute over time, or because its SWTOR, heal someone :csw_jabbapet:

For bounty hunter perhaps make the wave of fire or whatever its called thats an AOE into a healing ability when whatever healing cell thing is up, or a missile that can be detonated whenever you want, or some dot missile.

For tank assassin the teleport-like ability the dread people use on Section X would be cool, and like others have said a drain ability for perhaps healers and dps.

For warriors, maybe an ability that lifts up the target and smashes them on the ground a bunch of times? that would be way too OP imo though, maybe a stab ability with the lightsabers?

As a Sorceror/Sage I would love an ability that makes us vanish from sight, or some form of damage immunity/reduction. We are so squishy, even with 1200 expertise and a corruption/lightning healing-specc, I still run, hide, run, hug pillars, and run in order to survive.

PvE'wise, I suppose we could do with some tool to make us more efficient at tank healing.

For those that don't purchase the expansion will most likely NOT get the new lvl cap

Thats what the wife and i figured too,so we bought 2 copies of a game that is now free,and sub'd 2 accounts since day 1 to get told,thanks for all you support and by the way,you need to support us more if you want the new goodies. We milking the f2p's for 20 bucks for it so you can give us 10 bucks less,thanks for your support.

as another post said,yup we getting nickled and dimed

I think a grapple ability would be cool for Operatives/Scoundrels DPS tree to get. THey'd have to do a lot of stuff for it to work but it could be a good catching up to and kiting skill. Give it like a 20m distance and a tiny reticule when placed on the ground or wall the Operative would lunge towards that area.

I'M BATMAN!!

Aside from the extra 5 expertise points you'd get from the level increase, it is doubtful there will be any additions to combat or abilities. With EA giving the unique storyline aspect away for free/F2P, this game is officially on life support.

Don't expect to see many more expansions beyond this one, either.

Aside from the extra 5 expertise points you'd get from the level increase, it is doubtful there will be any additions to combat or abilities. With EA giving the unique storyline aspect away for free/F2P, this game is officially on life support.

Don't expect to see many more expansions beyond this one, either.

Debbie Downer right here.

And if you'd read info being put out it's already said each class will get multiple abilities. And games have been on life-support for a long time yet they still get expansions. Since you already unsubbed, why not leave the forums too?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just "rank (7), (8), (9)" of the abilities we have now

That's what I'm expecting.

I have nothing against new abilities but I'm perfectly fine with just the possibility to have 5 more points to spend on the currently existing trees.

Edited by Elysith