Still Waiting..

Chaori

Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

Reddit Post regarding this issue.

Still waiting for an update and solution, BioWare! We are not waiting for paid transfers to be available and we sure as hell aren't paying to be transferred off our dying servers. Why should we suffer for your incompetence? This has gone on long enough.

Better think of something quick.

Cheers,

APAC Community

Edited by Chaori

Still waiting for an update and solution, BioWare! We are not waiting for paid transfers to be available and we sure as hell aren't paying to be transferred off our dying servers. Why should we suffer for your incompetence? This has gone on long enough.

Better think of something quick.

Cheers,

APAC Community

On an East Coast USA Server. But you have my support. People should not be treated this way.

You know what I am American and playing on American servers but I totally understand the frustration of these people stuck on dead servers. Some things in online games just flat become impossible to accomplish without a decent population number. I have been through that in several other games.

The thing that I fine incomprehensible in all this is the dead silence these people are getting. BW/EA could alleviate so much anger by simply talking to them. Right now they don't know if a solution is coming or not.

Unfortunately the Cynic in me tends to think BW/EA isn't talking because they are not planning to do anything about it. Worse perhaps can't think of a good solution because they are so locked into the fact that one of the servers is PvP.

You know what I am American and playing on American servers but I totally understand the frustration of these people stuck on dead servers. Some things in online games just flat become impossible to accomplish without a decent population number. I have been through that in several other games.

The thing that I fine incomprehensible in all this is the dead silence these people are getting. BW/EA could alleviate so much anger by simply talking to them. Right now they don't know if a solution is coming or not.

Unfortunately the Cynic in me tends to think BW/EA isn't talking because they are not planning to do anything about it. Worse perhaps can't think of a good solution because they are so locked into the fact that one of the servers is PvP.

I think they are going with the tried and true method of silence. Most companies do this since anything they say is taken as law my a fickle community that will read tons of stuff into whatever they say and then start category 5 drama storms over what they believe they heard. I think they would rather have a category 1 drama storm over the silence than a bigger storm over something they said.

Paid transfers and recustomizations like changing your toon's cosmetics/race/name would be a good chunk of steady revenue for BW, not sure why this isn't yet in the game.

We are not asking for paid transfers, we are asking for a solution to our APAC population. If they expect us to pay to fix their mistakes then they are gonna lose a lot of subs :)

Talking as someone who spends their time on the Master Dar'Nala server with 17 people on in fleet, i am now very seriously considering moving on to a new game. I am tired of wasting my time playing the Bioware game of hurry up and wait.

APAC server Master Dar'Nala is a joke.

We are not waiting for paid transfers to be available and we sure as hell aren't paying to be transferred off our dying servers.

well you kinda dont really have a choice. So you are saying you want a transfer off your server but wont pay for it? what if they offer paid transfers through the cartel store? You wouldnt go?

As of right now, you have a choice

1. do nothing, continue to whine and cry and make the same demands that countless other people have made and expect them to jump because your getting mad.

or

2. be patient and wait for them to allow transfers, and in the meantime, roll a new toon on whatever server you want to go to. Enjoy the content. play have fun, whine less.

your choice.

Edited by darthstinji

well you kinda dont really have a choice. So you are saying you want a transfer off your server but wont pay for it? what if they offer paid transfers through the cartel store? You wouldnt go?

As of right now, you have a choice

1. do nothing, continue to whine and cry and make the same demands that countless other people have made and expect them to jump because your getting mad.

or

2. be patient and wait for them to allow transfers, and in the meantime, roll a new toon on whatever server you want to go to. Enjoy the content. play have fun, whine less.

your choice.

Pathetic choices. Did you see the amount of "whining" from the US players about their population concerns? And they ended up getting a server merge. This is what we are asking for, equal treatment. USA did not have to pay for a population fix, why should we?

I am not saying I want "off my server", in fact I want a solution from BioWare that doesn't involve people moving off their preferred servers.

As for being patient? BioWare promised us they would act after seeing what influx of population Free To Play had on our server - which it had none. We are calling upon that promise and demanding action, and they are simply deleting our posts and threads that even mention it.

How can you even justify what you've written? You clearly know absolutely nothing about our plight, so please either construct to the thread or take your opinion elsewhere.

Edited by Chaori

Pathetic choices. Did you see the amount of "whining" from the US players about their population concerns? And they ended up getting a server merge. This is what we are asking for, equal treatment. USA did not have to pay for a population fix, why should we?

I am not saying I want "off my server", in fact I want a solution from BioWare that doesn't involve people moving off their preferred servers.

As for being patient? BioWare promised us they would act after seeing what influx of population Free To Play had on our server - which it had none. We are calling upon that promise and demanding action, and they are simply deleting our posts and threads that even mention it.

How can you even justify what you've written? You clearly know absolutely nothing about our plight, so please either construct to the thread or take your opinion elsewhere.

No, Ill keep my opinion right here. Weather you like it or not. I didnt realize you could only post positive feedback in this thread. Cause this thread is totally original and nothing like the 50 other threads going on about this. Cause bioware hasnt seen any of the other threads at all either. Not like any of this has been said before right?

No, Ill keep my opinion right here. Weather you like it or not. I didnt realize you could only post positive feedback in this thread. Cause this thread is totally original and nothing like the 50 other threads going on about this. Cause bioware hasnt seen any of the other threads at all either. Not like any of this has been said before right?

I like how you get mad about me telling you to go away, yet you don't provide any rebuttal to the points I made in the post.

I guess that means you don't disagree with any of it? Well then, I'm done here

What point? Did you offer a solution? no. You want them to find a solution that lets you stay on your server and lets everyone else stay on their server yet you offer no solutions. So your just here to complain as well.

I did offer solutions. would it really be that big of a deal to roll a new toon on a new server and merge them with your old toon whenever they get around to the whole transfer thing?

Plenty of people, myself included did exactly that.

Do you really think, another thread, about this is gonna change anything?

Look at the success that the hundreds of threads about sgr's have had. Bioware heard you the first time. They quit reading these threads a long time ago.

I do feel for you having a dead server. Do what the americas did with the fatman server. It worked for us. It can work for you.

oh and im not mad, Im loving it.

What point? Did you offer a solution? no. You want them to find a solution that lets you stay on your server and lets everyone else stay on their server yet you offer no solutions. So your just here to complain as well.

I did offer solutions. would it really be that big of a deal to roll a new toon on a new server and merge them with your old toon whenever they get around to the whole transfer thing?

Plenty of people, myself included did exactly that.

Do you really think, another thread, about this is gonna change anything?

Look at the success that the hundreds of threads about sgr's have had. Bioware heard you the first time. They quit reading these threads a long time ago.

I do feel for you having a dead server. Do what the americas did with the fatman server. It worked for us. It can work for you.

oh and im not mad, Im loving it.

The issue isn't coming up with a solution, the issue is that bioware has promised a solution.

Big difference.

Ugh. This is why I detest Reddit. A bunch of people who think they know what they are talking about arguing for the sake of arguing.

Typical Redditer: Just go back to West Coast, 150 ping isn't bad.

A) Our pings will be 230 minimum.

B) That is bad.

C) If you dont know why that is bad, then you are bad.

Edited by scullzomben

I think what he is trying to get at, is that, while it sucks severely that you guys haven't been offered your transfers yet, there is a temporary alternative to play and enjoy the game on a more populated server until such a time comes where you can get all your toons together on one server and one legacy.

It's not a be-all-end-all solution, but just a temporary fix until they implement it. Probably could have been worded differently, though, to not sound as condescending.

Entirely up to you though. Forum PVP is pretty engaging too, and don't have to worry about class or gear balances here.

The issue isn't coming up with a solution, the issue is that bioware has promised a solution.

Big difference.

So they have promised a solution right? They have heard you, they are listening to you, they are working on it!

Stop QQ ! You have alternatives until the implement it. Grow up and have some patience.

So they have promised a solution right? They have heard you, they are listening to you, they are working on it!

Stop QQ ! You have alternatives until the implement it. Grow up and have some patience.

The people who are still subbed from these servers have been more than patient. They've been the saints of patience. When BW finally got moving after months and months and merged the other servers this SUMMER they left these guys behind. "We're working on it" and "soon." It's DECEMBER. The fact that any of them are still here is amazing.