LVL 50 free gear

Reble-Dog-Squad

When a player gets to level 50 they are automatically given a set of free gear which is recruit, what EA should have done in 1.6 was remove recruit gear and replace it with battle master.

The reason why i think this should have been done is due to the fact that most players that have recruit are going to find it difficult when against most establish players with War hero gear.

There is too much of a gap between recruit and battle master gear, with battle master replacing the recruit gear the lower tier gear it would reduce the gap and bring a little more balance to war zones.

Whats peoples thoughts on this?

When a player gets to level 50 they are automatically given a set of free gear which is recruit, what EA should have done in 1.6 was remove recruit gear and replace it with battle master.

Whats peoples thoughts on this?

No. Free gear of any kind is enough. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.

WH is better than BM. You can buy orange BM gear. Where is the issue, exactly?

The gear gap between PvP gear? I'm running full champion and am still having problems in WZs. It has less expertise than recruit but the stam and stats are lower than my gear already. Keeping recruit gear the way it is basically added another tier of gear without compensating for the lowest end. SWTOR needs all the legs up it can get it and making PvP fairer than WoW would be a darn good one.

Seriously?

I had to buy my recruit gear back in the day. Now you get better stuff for free and getting WH armor is a cake walk now. Stop looking for handouts and play the game and earn stuff like we all had to before you. It's not hard.

So just because you had to do it back in the day it is the most efficient and effective way to deal with PvP content and balance/fairness in PvP?

Logic.

So just because you had to do it back in the day it is the most efficient and effective way to deal with PvP content and balance/fairness in PvP?

Logic.

Well said. I'm in the same boat as he...had to buy my own recruit lvl gear, but I agree with you. PvP is a pain at the moment.

Edited by ArchArcher

Logic.

No,

I'm just tired of seeing people wanting everything handed to them. There needs to be SOMETHING for them to work towards. If there was not then what's the point. Plus I found gearing up a great way to hone your skills and learn the class.

If they gave out the top tiered PVE gear with a week's worth of work would people stay?. No

Edited by Sleprock

I'm just tired of seeing people wanting everything handed to them. There needs to be SOMETHING for them to work towards. If there was not then what's the point.

What is the point? The point is playing with skill and outwitting or outmatching your opponent through your personal abilities, not some arbitrary gear advantage that you've earned just because you were there first.

No,

I'm just tired of seeing people wanting everything handed to them. There needs to be SOMETHING for them to work towards. If there was not then what's the point. Plus I found gearing up a great way to hone your skills and learn the class.

If they gave out the top tiered PVE gear with a week's worth of work would people stay?. No

I'm pretty sure they had a hard enough time keeping people from the get-go. When you lose over a million subs in the first month, then you probably started out doing something wrong.

As far as the topic is concerned, it's not that difficult to attain at least WH gear now, but I would like them to remove the restriction that you have to be level 50 to purchase it. I'm sitting on full comms and nothing to waste them on and it would be nice to start stocking up for when I can use it.

What is the point? The point is playing with skill and outwitting or outmatching your opponent through your personal abilities, not some arbitrary gear advantage that you've earned just because you were there first.

It takes like a week to get warhero gear now ffs. I am not going to be outmatching them for long. Plus the gap between the elite WH gear is hardly noticeable. Then there is the equation of BISing your gear which average players are oblivious to. So there is always going to be gaps in gear and skill, Then factor in builds, premades, player skill etc etc. Just quit the whining about the initial gear gap and deal with it. So many whiners.

I'm pretty sure they had a hard enough time keeping people from the get-go. When you lose over a million subs in the first month, then you probably started out doing something wrong.

As far as the topic is concerned, it's not that difficult to attain at least WH gear now, but I would like them to remove the restriction that you have to be level 50 to purchase it. I'm sitting on full comms and nothing to waste them on and it would be nice to start stocking up for when I can use it.

Warzone medpacks are what you should be getting.

See you people that are grieving are not knowing the ropes. That is the frustrating thing above all: having people whine about stuff when it's just because they are ignorant of many things.

Warzone medpacks are what you should be getting.

See you people that are grieving are not knowing the ropes. That is the frustrating thing above all: having people whine about stuff when it's just because they are ignorant of many things.

Lol. Been sittin on 300 of em for a while now. :p

I think they needs to sell level 58 rated gear and mods in the cartel market.

By doing this new players can be ready faster, while still having to go through ops/dailies/warzones for the best gear.

Some will say it's a bad idea, but it would make life on my alts soooooo much easier.

Holy hell, you mean it takes time to acquire gear? No wai! You don't want to spend effort to get it? Me neither!

Oh, but I did put in the time and effort. Before leaving I was full champ and working on BM. I just started WZs again and I have 4 WH gear now. This is as a concealment Ops, arguably the worst DPS spec in the game and literally the least played class.

It was exactly the same whining the last time around before any changes to gear came about. "Oohh I only have Centurion gear and how will I eeeevar compete with all these BMs who had a whole week of headstart before launch?? If oooonly Bioware would give us free stuff to close this massive gear gap!"

You people who want everything handed to you and willing to sabotage everyone else's sense of accomplishment will never change.

You have to realize that you're not the hero of your team. Just because you're a fresh 50 starting his first 50 WZ doesn't mean you deserve to win and kill everyone else who's been working at it for months. Killing isn't even always the answer. You don't need to top the charts. Not enough people nowadays know how to be a subordinate. No. You all want to be Master Chief.

Work on getting your 8 medals per WZ whenever possible. WH Gear is ridiculously cheap for how much comms you're rewarded with 8 medals. I've received 6 or 7 defense medals purely for babysitting a Novare Coast terminal for a majority of the round. That term did not flip once and through the effort of the entire team, we won.

Hell, spend 4 or 5 WZs babysitting nodes and you can already get 1 piece of WH gear. How is that hard?!

I recently logged on to my largely ignored Vanguard and guess what? Lvl 50s get free gear now. Well I guess you knew that already. I got a free set of Tionese armor; something I thought I would never get a set of because I barely play him. As you know, I also got a full set of Recruit armor so I didn't have to start at rock bottom no-expertise. But guess what else? New 50s still have had the option to future-proof themselves by getting their WZ comms BEFORE they switched over to a new tier of WZs, where they will become bottom-of-the-barrel.

As it currently stands, there's absolutely no reason to give out more free gear for no effort. Maybe one day when the gap actually becomes a legitimate problem (maybe lvl 55, or new tier of pvp gear that isn't as negligible as EWH is to WH, etc).

RIght now it's just pure baseless entitled whining all up in this OP.

Edited by Sanctioned

You can hit 50 with 2750 normal comms and 4500 ranked ones, so you can buy directly your main hand and off-hand war hero weapons + 4 war hero pieces and with the 2 battlemaster relics that are now included in recruit gear mark II, you are in really good shape to start lvl50 warzones.

Even if you don't do that, you only need around 30 hours playing warzones to get a full set of war-hero gear, it's not that much.

No. Free gear of any kind is enough. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.

What are you smoking, i am not asking for free gear, they are already doing that, what i am asking is that they remove Recruit gear and replace it with Battle Master which they deleted and most people were against.

Because they removed BM and gone from Recruit to War Hero there is a significant gap in PVP armor and to solve that they could have moved everything down a tier and that would have removed recruit gear and made Battle Master the new "recruit gear".

It really doesn't matter what gets done to PvP armour there will always be people complaining about the "gear gap" and demanding they be given what others have spent ages working for.

When a player hits lvl 50 now he gets a full set of recruit and a full set of Tionese FOC.

I'm sure some people just want PvP to be:

All enter WZ

All type /roll

Add up scores for both sides

Highest wins

See, no gear issues.

Seriously?

I had to buy my recruit gear back in the day. Now you get better stuff for free and getting WH armor is a cake walk now. Stop looking for handouts and play the game and earn stuff like we all had to before you. It's not hard.

Srsly?

I had to grind my centurion and champion back in the day. These daww kids are bad as ****. :/