Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lock the full servers

Nukeemon

Yes. That is the solution. Lock friends from being able to play with friends. That is a way to keep subscriptions flowing :rolleyes:

Stupid move. BioWare don't listen to this non-sense. We all know it will balance itself out over time.

too bad for them tbh if they want to play with friends they shouldnt choose to play on " full servers "

Edited by swiftdh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks, I'd like my guildies who didn't pre-order to join those of us who did. I prefer Bioware's plan of expanding the capacity as needed on existing servers while also adding new servers. It'll all work out in the end, and this approach is much better then if they had put up too many servers and players were spread too thin leading to server mergers which ends up giving the game a image of a failure to attract players and/or keep subs.

So real life friends can't play together?

Right now they can wait together in a queue is that better?

When one gets disconnected the other can wait 2 hours, to play together.

The fastest way to balance the servers is to make plans now to move entire guilds (with all charecters) to a different server if they agree.

Edited by Skarus

Locking servers will only resolve the overload issue in one way. It will create unsubs from existing players on a server where their guildmates cannot join and it will prevent new subs from starting because they cannot join their preferred guild.

Bad move for everyone involved!

No, if they really care about these friends, they can go roll on one of the 47 light servers with them. We don't need to ruin this game for these hypothetical situations.

a well i was a fanboy but yea cant wait more then a hour to play this game. this is crap not rerolling either cause i got put on the server i am on on day 1 of early acces so not starting over again on a new server wich no guarentees will have que's in a day or two

i agree " full servers need to be locked or the server capacity need to be increased.

if not open ALOT more servers and offer limited time character transfers for people over 25.

• No guilds have a real commitment atm
  • no guild members are commited to the guild
  • people below 25 can get to 25 again within a day so its not a total loss.
  • people who want to play with friends should join " light " servers, not full servers

save the Q_Q speaches for someone who cares :)

A solution to this, Bioware should reboot the server every hour and is a rush for people to get back on!

thats just dumb

Edited by swiftdh

You're right, but at the same time if my friend and I have to wait an hour to access the server with our characters how are we supposed to play at all?

There are several possible solutions and they've been beaten to death already. Either raise the population caps for the time being or give us real population information (I.E. # of characters, not just current population) and an option to switch our characters to a light population server.

Both go roll on another server if you don't want to wait it out. The fact of the matter is.....whining about the ques won't change the reality of the situation at all.

Locking servers isn't the issue. That's just pure stupid.

Start loading your game while you...GASP...shower...make.....food? Sorry that your instant form of entertainment and gratification is a stupidly popular launch title, which you KNEW would be crazy busy, so in reality, who is ACTUALLY shocked we have wait times?

I know I'm not.

So what happens when friends and guildmates go to create a character and can't? Really people need to think this one through.

Should have pre-ordered if you want to get on an early access server.

That should have been one of the bonuses for pre-ordering.

Then lock those early access servers down, at least during the launch window.

If you've got friends who had the foresight to pre-order but you didn't, then your friend should be the one to move with you to a light server, instead of you piling on an already full server and making the problem worse.

The only way to fix full servers is to offer free server transfers.

30 minute queue at 8:30am CST. Can't wait to see what its at prime time!

haha that just means the game is just that awesome, has that many players, and is as phenomenal as many knew it would be. While ques suck, seeing them should make anyone happy!

too bad for them tbh if they want to play with friends they shouldnt choose to play on " full servers "

Yeah because things like the guild deployment was fully controllable by the players :rolleyes:

Bioware has already stated they'd keep adding capacity as needed and next maint is scheduled for the 22nd which is likely to include that. If the queue is such a problem, why can't YOU re-roll on another server?

I say offer free transfer, but don't lock them. Locking them could cause some real issues for people that are starting later and want to play on the same server as their friends. I'm pretty sure my guild would transfer the hell out of a damn queue server, I hate queues!!

Yeah because things like the guild deployment was fully controllable by the players :rolleyes:

Bioware has already stated they'd keep adding capacity as needed and next maint is scheduled for the 22nd which is likely to include that. If the queue is such a problem, why can't YOU re-roll on another server?

because im already level 36 im not wasting another 2-3days leveling from skratch

Things will settle down soon enough so it will probably be a moot point in a few weeks. Until then allowing one way transfers off full shards onto less populated ones would be a great idea. If that doesn't help enough then perhaps give people a gift for transfering. An orange color crystal? A couple of valor boosting stims? Something. Personally approaching some of the larger guilds and facilitating a mass transfer, including the guild itself during a down time could also help.

But to say that locking servers can't be done is silly. But it does need to be done right if it is going to be done. Friends, family and guildies do need a why of getting on to a server even if it is locked. Simply create a system where people can only create characters on "locked" servers if they already have a character there or if they get invited to the server by someone already on that server. This could be done specifically though a buddy invite system. I send you a code for a free 3 or 7 days and that same code also allows you to create a character on the server that I am inviting you from. The only downside is it would take some programming time and by the time it is ready to go the problem may well be gone.

Edited by VikingGamer

I know this is a kneejerk reaction, but locking the servers will lock out friends who didn't get any early game access from potentially joining their friends.

The real problem is with random people picking a new server and picking one that's listed as full. That's logic failure right there.

Yea seriously queues at 9am CST is just stupid. I left the "game that will not be named" for a reason hoping for some sanity. I'm not rerolling when I already have a character built up from my EGA. Fix this please! (Locking probably isn't the answer but what happened to the myth of having 200k people per server?)

I know this is a kneejerk reaction, but locking the servers will lock out friends who didn't get any early game access from potentially joining their friends.

The real problem is with random people picking a new server and picking one that's listed as full. That's logic failure right there.

And once again for the 11 millionth time....

Friends who didn't get early access didn't pre-order. They should have pre-ordered and gotten a slot on an early access server. Now, the people who did pre-order and have had up to a week of early access in some cases, are being punished by all the late comers.

If you didn't have the foresight to pre-order and pre-plan with your friends, then you should not be allowed onto an early access server and punish those who did. If they are such good friends that you insist on playing with, you can all move over to a new 'light' server.

Ya not a fan of this server queue. Most of my guild preordered and were placed on vornskr and this morning I've been in queue for 40min and I still haven't got in. I'm sure my guild would LOVE the option of transferring the entire guild to a light server. This is ridiculous how many light servers there are and only a handful of servers are getting used by everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.