Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lock the full servers

Nukeemon

I know it's launch day, and I know lat issues and queues are to be expected, but isn't funny we have an entire page full of light servers and twice and many servers full? Can Bioware at least lock the full servers so no new characters can be created? It would actually divert incoming subscribers to the low pop ones instead of constantly crushing the old servers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That is the solution. Lock friends from being able to play with friends. That is a way to keep subscriptions flowing :rolleyes:

Stupid move. BioWare don't listen to this non-sense. We all know it will balance itself out over time.

Yea they really should consider it, so many light servers that aren't being touched and its going to get worse. It's not a popular thing to do, but they should consider locking servers to character creation that are full for a while.

Queues were already bad during early access, and new players even without friends on the server are going to want to play on the "popular" servers.

Or at least they should have taken page from warhammer and offer incentives to get players to go to other servers like small XP boosts and such.

Edited by PanzerKraken

Yes, I agree with this.

Since I don't really know how it works behind the scenes, I wish we could at least get an explanation of the reason why full servers aren't locked from new players. At least it would help me understand how this all works from their end rather than customers speculating.

I have been waiting for over an hour now and I'm number 181, I'm guessing I won't be playing today if this keeps going, and worse of all is that there are light population servers that isn't being used.

I have 7 characters and as a early player they are no low levels so I don't want to strt all over again.

Please do NOT lock the servers. I have friends who did not pre-order and want to play. If the servers are locked... (well you get the picture).

Then roll on another server.

My brother could not get pre access before the 4th day and i got 2nd day .So i was on a server with a long queue ,we re rolled on a heavy server that now has 25 min queue.

So ofc i am not willing to reroll a third time in under a week but i certainly think new people should and if you have friends you want then reroll ,I did so can you.

Edited by ranlaen

It would be totally dumb for them to lock servers. How are friends supposed to play with friends?? How are the people who won't get the game till Christmas supposed to go join their guilds on a locked server?

Come on guys..... it doesn't work that way.

Edited by Mifek

Yes. That is the solution. Lock friends from being able to play with friends. That is a way to keep subscriptions flowing :rolleyes:

Stupid move. BioWare don't listen to this non-sense. We all know it will balance itself out over time.

What will be more awesome, is when the game is dead when the players quit in rage because the wait time, asking us to roll on new servers, pfft, when I already worked so hard, managed to get crafts almost capped with a more than decent pool of cash, NO THANKS. This is a punishment for people that preordered early.

Edited by Evtrai

I agree with the locking of the servers. You'll probably have more people quitting from the queues than people not being able to play with their friends. Though to levy the backlash this could cause with people wanting to play with their friends Bioware could offer something like free weekend server transfers to low populated areas.

The queues won't be an issue once the launch jubilation period is passed. The servers are currently being capped purposely low to create queues, with the intention of persuading the player base to spread out rather than concentrate on just a few servers. Once populations have started to stabilize a bit, the server caps will be raised, and queues will disappear.

Considering that the only other viable option is forced server moves, this is far and above the most fair and user-friendly solution. Please be patient.

It would be totally dumb for them to lock servers. How are friends supposed to play with friends??

Come on guys..... it doesn't work that way.

You're right, but at the same time if my friend and I have to wait an hour to access the server with our characters how are we supposed to play at all?

There are several possible solutions and they've been beaten to death already. Either raise the population caps for the time being or give us real population information (I.E. # of characters, not just current population) and an option to switch our characters to a light population server.

My brother could not get pre access before the 4th day and i got 2nd day .So i was on a server with a long queue ,we re rolled on a heavy server that now has 25 min queue.

So ofc i am not willing to reroll a third time in under a week but i certainly think new people should and if you have friends you want then reroll ,I did so can you.

Sounds to me like your preaching to the wrong crowd. You should be targeting that kind of response to the people who want the servers locked.

*edit There is a reason some of us got together and pre-registered a guild you know.

Edited by ZipShenku

I think if it continues they will need to do like Warhammer did and allow people and guilds to be transferred to a new server for free. The other issue that might help is to allow for a disconnect grace, if you crash and login within so many mins you go directly in. The drawback to this is that it will slow entrance by people in the que by even more time.

I know everyone is upset and I am upset too but I am upset cause this is a friggin awesome game and I want to play. I just hope there is enough of us who are willing to give them time to adapt so we can have alot of full servers and healthy populations.

25 Minutes dear god, 25 entire minutes.

This needs to be fixed Nao!

or they can just wait a few weeks and see how everything looks post launch. Servers are busier and people play more at launch. I'd rather be playing with a bunch of folks in two to three months than not have a small queue now.

Find something else to do for a few minutes. I wanted to play a bit before work today, logged on, saw I had a 10 minute queue. So I ran upstairs, got ready for work, and when I came back I was 3rd in line.

No problem here.

The queues won't be an issue once the launch jubilation period is passed. The servers are currently being capped purposely low to create queues, with the intention of persuading the player base to spread out rather than concentrate on just a few servers. Once populations have started to stabilize a bit, the server caps will be raised, and queues will disappear.

Considering that the only other viable option is forced server moves, this is far and above the most fair and user-friendly solution. Please be patient.

That's interesting. Do you have a link to any information about this? I'd like to read more.

Why the hell did you re-roll on a Heavy server?...

/facepalm

Absolute nonsense from the Bioware worshipers in this thread.

Spend 7 days developing character, making friend, joining a guild, then reroll and repeat the content so new folks can join an already overfilled server.

No friggin wonder companies get away with this ****!

1. Are you here before launch ? ----> check

2. Are you in a guild and was it assigned to a certain server ? ----------> check

3. Are you willing to move ? --------> NO!

1 + 2 + 3 = you stay

All other options = a friendly request to move with a free server transfer and seek new friends.

Something like this.

Thank you very much a future paying customer (after the free ride).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.