What happens to current endgame with new expansion?

Anti_Bodies

The worst thing that could happen is to make 5 new levels purely for the new quests... If there is no new end-game, TOR will then be placed in a worse shape then it was in the month after launch, when everyone burned through the levelling content and whined that there was nothing to do level cap.

But, it that case, there really would be nothing more to do... They would need a new 10-15 boss new raid tier in a similar vein of WoW's post cap tiers 7,11 and 14 (a real raid tier) in order to be justify a level increase.

Agreed. It's rock vs hard place type of a situation for players really.

MMO with properly functioning structure does NOT increase lvl cap if they are unable to bring enough new end game content to justify doing so - increased level cap renders existing content obsolete and all.

On the other hand, if they actually have gall to introduce NO new Ops, NO new FPs and instead, just give some boring static boost to all existing Ops/FPs, then it should be plain to everyone lvl cap is increased for one reason only: to force people buying an expansion many would otherwise just skip.

Without end game content, this makes most artifical and lame lvl cap increase in history of MMOs.

There is a good change this "expansion:D" is essentually a content patch with highly artifical lvl cap increase glued to side.

Come to think of it, I think "Expansion:D" is most valid way to express " Rise of the Hutt Cartel"

Based on everything told and implied thus far, a fair and reasonable approach would have been tokeep lvl cap at 50. But in that case, it would not be 100% necessary for every active player to buy it now would it? It is pretty *********** rutheless ******e approach towards releasing an " expansion:D" really. I'm fine with paying sub fee and also having to pay for my expansions. Out of non dysfunctional MMOs, Eve Online is only one that handles this in fashion more fair to players. What I most *********** assuredly AM NOT COOL WITH is HAVING to pay for an " Expansion:D" that does not provide any sincere, real end game content.

Of course, I might get proven wrong here. I hope I'm being overly negative, pessimistic about this and just plain wrong to boot. It might be Makeb has tons of meat underneath the skin. But come on. When feature list of coming expansion@ its announcment looks like this...

• More epic adventures in Star Wars Galaxy!
  • You can talk to people!
  • There will be Hutt mobs to kill!!!
  • We give 99.999% disciount to people who want to play TOR!! People who do not want to play TOR must pay a lot of money for this expansion!!It costts YOU only 10 dollah!! People who do not want it would have to pay 10000 dollah!! Thats fair right!! Like.Steam fair!!!

...Then I'd say it is wise to start calibrating them expectations.

Edited by Stradlin

You need to think about this from both points of view, most players aren't raiders so the increase in levels is needed to keep them happy.

However they WILL have to do something about raiding content in the game. My bet is that Makeb simply brings the casual player up to Rakata level gear and they slightly adjust the Operations to account for five new levels. With one of the new sets of gear they're talking about being a new raid set above Dreadguard for the 55, maxed out raider to achieve.

It isn't ideal, but it gives everyone a little something, even if raiders don't really get new content, they get something new to aim for.

But that is just my theory, we really need more information.

What do they do in WoW? This is "WoW in space" anyway ;)

They would release an expansion with a full endgame prepared for level 55. We'd get Level 55 Raids, Dungeons and Battlegrounds from Blizzard. Will we get level 55 OPS, Flashpoints and Warzones from BioWare? I highly doubt it.

My subscription is riding on this.

Every expansion is obbligatory and a cash grab, this is not something EA has invented. Go play wow with only the vanilla version, and come back here telling me how much fun the endgame is.

I`m all for them rescaling actual ops and fp to 55, who cares for lvl 50 endgame.

An expansion is getting out, as all expansion you WILL have to purchase it in order to play the game. Talking about lvl 50 endgame is senseless, lvl 50 is no longer the endgame.

I`m actually grateful to EA that they went for a mini expansion, so i`m forced out of only 10 bucks to keep playing instead of 40.

Edited by Spoletta

Every expansion is obbligatory and a cash grab, this is not something EA has invented. .

I'm guessing nobody who has posting rights here has an issue when it comes to paying money for an MMO expansion.

I'm guessing at least half people here feel that an expansion that increases lvl cap for no other apparentreason than making sure you are forced to buy it is an utter **** move.

What do ya know, D I C K is a censored word.

Edited by Stradlin

Like i said in another thread . F2p players have to buy this pack just like subs. So how will these FP etc work for them as they can only do so many a week as it stands with the current content. But if they have bought this pack just like a sub as EA can not really lock them out of the content and expect them to pay for extra weekly passes.

So i have a feeling that this will be just a planet and lvl increase with not FP etc and future FP will be patch updates that way EA can keep the weekly passes.

If you check i think its the E3 video where they says whats coming they say about Terror from Beyond,Accient Hypergate,Makeb.

Seems that the first 2 have been given us in free updates but Makeb is to be expansion pack.

Anyway just my thoughts.

Like i said in another thread . F2p players have to buy this pack just like subs. So how will these FP etc work for them as they can only do so many a week as it stands with the current content..

Is this like a rhetoric question or something? It should be clear EA had no interest in turning TOR a valid F2P game. Their model is essentially a trial version that either pisses you off so bad you quit or pisses you off so bad you throw money at them.

They would release an expansion with a full endgame prepared for level 55. We'd get Level 55 Raids, Dungeons and Battlegrounds from Blizzard. Will we get level 55 OPS, Flashpoints and Warzones from BioWare? I highly doubt it.

My subscription is riding on this.

Am also on the same boat.

If it turns out that we will not have new Ops and FP's in this "expansion", I will be done with this game.

I was hoping SWTOR could keep me even slightly entertained until ESO launches but right now it's looking very, VERY grim.

I will buy this "expansion" of theirs and see what it brings. But yeah...

But then rescaling old end game content will make the new expension a must have as if you choose to not buy it there will be no more end game for you at lvl 50. Taking away what you could do formerly.

My concern as well. they basically make end game content pay to win. Can a lvl 50 run an endgame op that's designed for lvl 55 players? Maybe if they're lucky, skilled and heavily armored. Maybe. Can a group of 50s run a lvl 55 op? Probably not. Yet lvl 55s aren't even going to be challenged by a lvl 50 op. Makes it worse if you're going to PVP. Do you want to be the level 50 competing against a group of level 55s? No. So you can either get your butt kicked or you can fork over money in order to win. What a great way to treat your subs.

I'm guessing nobody who has posting rights here has an issue when it comes to paying money for an MMO expansion.

I'm guessing at least half people here feel that an expansion that increases lvl cap for no other apparentreason than making sure you are forced to buy it is an utter **** move.

What do ya know, D I C K is a censored word.

Why would anyone have an issue with paying for an expansion in an MMO? Almost every MMO made charges for them. The biggest exception would be Eve, but that game is in a different category.

I could care less about new ops. Look at how many people went to collect Hk. I doubt that many people will jump into the a new operation. Flashpoints are more likely if they do a hard mode of the ones they have not used yet. Operations? Majority of the players you see are not even wearing TFB gear.

If anything, I would not be suprised if they add 1 new operation. This game would benefit from monthly events, something the entire playerbase could get into.

Why would anyone have an issue with paying for an expansion in an MMO? Almost every MMO made charges for them. The biggest exception would be Eve, but that game is in a different category.

And I agree here, the only thing is...

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet..."

and if you call "expansion" a steaming bunch of horse defecation, it doesn't smell any less.

Atm the "expansion" is nothing more than a somewhat beefy content update. Not only that, it was promised as free. Not only that, you have to fork actual money instead of saving cartel coins.

And on top of all that, there are other legitimate issues regarding gameplay, mostly those related to endgame content.

If not anything else, at the very least they should have waited for the announcement till they can actually show something more and/or clarify these doubts. I mean, it's not like they have such a great public image that they can risk tarnishing it even more like this.

I have no problem paying for an expansion, but im pretty sure we pay for content patchs as part of the subscription. But hey maybe times have changed, if i think about it based on the maths all that subs actually cover now is full access to warzones, flashpoints and operations. so let them charge for everything else, hows that sound.

Edited by Shingara

I have no problem paying for an expansion, but im pretty sure we pay for content patchs as part of the subscription. But hey maybe times have changed, if i think about it based on the maths all that subs actually cover now is full access to warzones, flashpoints and operations. so let them charge for everything else, hows that sound.

As long as i receive enough content in regular patches to justify my sub then they get it. If while they worked on these content patches they overworked to stack some extra content and get something more out of it, then i`m still okay with it. If they hold back things from patches to release them with a price tag then i`m not ok at all, but up until now we received enough content for an year of game.

As long as i receive enough content in regular patches to justify my sub then they get it. If while they worked on these content patches they overworked to stack some extra content and get something more out of it, then i`m still okay with it. If they hold back things from patches to release them with a price tag then i`m not ok at all, but up until now we received enough content for an year of game.

I have no problem paying for a sub and paying for expansions. when i say expansion i mean real expansions, none of this little bit here and little bit there stuff, full blown expansion, £40-£50 jobs. hell we dont even have chat bubbles and server xfers yet not even xfers to pts. CSR's are basically none existant at the moment all of which is covered by subs.

All i see at the moment is f2p players riding on subscribers coat tails and getting a free game we are paying for and now a content patch which was described as a content patch being charged to subscribers ontop of the cost of subscribing.

So are we subscribing to a game or sponsoring biowares f2p game so they can add stuff to the cartel market.

Edited by Shingara

I have no problem paying for a sub and paying for expansions. when i say expansion i mean real expansions, none of this little bit here and little bit there stuff, full blown expansion, £40-£50 jobs. hell we dont even have chat bubbles and server xfers yet not even xfers to pts. CSR's are basically none existant at the moment all of which is covered by subs.

All i see at the moment is f2p players riding on subscribers coat tails and getting a free game we are paying for and now a content patch which was described as a content patch being charged to subscribers ontop of the cost of subscribing.

So are we subscribing to a game or sponsoring biowares f2p game so they can add stuff to the cartel market.

I don`t care what other games call an expansion. They are offering me an expansion for a quarter of the price, so if it contains a quarter of the usual expansion AND they keep giving me enough free content patches then i see no reason to be unhappy about it.