The Republic: SWTOR is "Out of Control"

Peregrine_Falcon

No, it's not. A level cap and a single planet with no class story or companion story is not enough to be an expansion pack.

Think average DLC released for popular games in 2011-2012. This is DLC and "Digital Expansion" is pretty much another name for that, made up by BioWare. This is not an xpack, this is a DLC and treat it as one, for duck sake!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps BW is doing everyone a favor and NOT bringing Christmas into a game simply because not all of us are Christians?! What a novel thought......

That and Christmas doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe.

Ok, Id like to give my two cents here. Just a few things I think need to be done, giving an opinion that means next to nothing naturally.

First, my condensed suggestions for the market. Ill try to keep it brief.

1) Armor changes

You really REALLY have to give strong consideration to converting all armor on the market into adaptive level one empty armor. By offering armor as purely cosmetic items you really provide a player with the maximum appearance choices.

If you wish to keep mods in the armor located in the Cartel Packs I think that would be fine. Here is what I suggest.

All armor individual pieces should be priced at no higher than 200 coins per item.

All armor sets should be priced at no more than 500 coins a set.

You should then sell mod packs, with stat highlights (Aim, Strength, etc) at certain tiers (exactly like the ones that are in the armor in the market that requires a level at the moment) for 400 coins each.

NO ARMOR, and I mean no armor with mods installed should EVER be sold in the market that one has to be above level 45 to use. If you choose to continue to sell armor with mods installed (which I still think is not very wise) it should only be armor in the 1-45 level range.

2) Items to add to the market in the SHORT TERM

Helmets of all types and styles need to be added...again, as level 1 empty items. I would also suggest PLAIN robes, ones like the Pilot's overcoat, Republic version (nice plain white robe) with multiple colors....black, white, grey, brown and dark red, hood up and hood down versions.

All speeders offered on the normal in game vendors.

Item that allows one piece of armor to be converted to empty adaptive armor, level 1 priced at 100 coins each.

Name change, legacy name change, server transfer, appearance change and dual spec ability (the ability to set up and save a separate spec, specials bar locations and all and switch easily between them with a cooldown).

Group and Ops leader summon, one use, one player, pack of 12, 300 coins each pack. The summon can be cast on group members if they are in the same instance and it will summon them to the group leaders location. Has a cooldown separate from regular travel cooldown, cannot be used in PVP or inside instances. Open world only.

Ability to use chat bubbles for GROUP MEMBERS only, with a toggle. This would minimize game impact as only group members can see the bubbles.

3) Currency changes or price adjustments

The armor price adjustments recommended are listed above. In addition to that I would recommend that some form of in game cartel coin generation be allowed. I am suggesting the following...

Comm conversion. Allow all comms to be upconverted to one higher level at a rate of 2 to 1, and allow either daily comms, black hole comms or one high level comm set to be converted to coins, 1 to 1 ratio. Only allow 100 comm conversion to coin max a week, 400 max a month. Must be a subscriber to be able to convert comms.

Not only does this allow folks to convert unused comms to higher comms, it also allows a way to generate coins in game, not to mention the fact that it will give one more positive aspect to paying for a sub.

On a side note, I do not feel the Space Combat "P2W" issue is a serious one considering the lack of popularity for the feature, and if anything I think it could be considered a way to generate interest. IMO the rewards offered by the feature were not enticing enough to generate enough interest in that feature to begin with considering how limited it is.

Final note: I think some type of server wide snowball fight event should be done. Offer an object that can be thrown at other players (snowball), is free, and have areas where points are accumulated in some kind of PVP fashion (no damage, just hits) with point leaders announced. Not much, but it's something.

Just my two cents naturally.

Edited by LordArtemis

So what do you think? Are the GamebreakerTV guys off the mark? Do you feel the same way they do?[/color]

No they are not. I feel the same way they do. Also, it's a great show overall, I've been watching it for a year now, and I highly recommend it to every SWTOR player.

I'm very glad they mentioned the Jeff Hickman quote. He said, there won't be any purple gear in the cash shop. Now we all know how it turned out.

Why are they doing this ? Are they not concerned with the fact that they have ZERO CREDIBILITY now ?

Remember how James Ohlen lied about the performance issues when it first surfaced ? The famous "it's only 5% and they have low end rigs" quote ?

What about Daniel Ericsson when he lied about the sub numbers, saying there is no decline ? A month later EA releases a quarterly report and proves him a liar ? Oh... he does not work at Bioware anymore.

Very, very sad.

Life Day was featured in the 'holiday' Star Wars special. For all intents and purposes, it looked strangely like Christmas (but it was a galaxy far far away and long ago, so it was only coincidental).

That Holiday Special was so awesome I want to be reminded about it every year..... Said no one ever!

Again, I really feel that any momentum they may have lost by pricing items too high can be reversed by some good will changes like the ones I indicated above.

They should have NEVER put armor on the market in any other form than level 1 empty armor IMO. It also should have launched with name/legacy name changes, server transfers, appearance changes and the group summon item. If they find wisdom in this advice (debatable naturally) they can still rectify this situation.

How does Americans watch tv or stuff like that show, commercials all over the page, then the video freaking stops after 5mins for a commercial break lol.

Srsly if i were American i would never get to watch anything ever, really how do you got the patience?

Edited by lasstn

Seriously, i never realised people cared that much for seasonal events in games.

I have other free MMO's i could play and have events and i havent. Not interested at all in a bunch of pointless activities.

As for the article... its ridiculous. People dont like the prices. Dont like? Dont buy! Nothing sends a message better in the cartel shop than to simply not buy an item. QQ in the forums is very hard to discern between trolling and legitimate concern, given people on these forums QQ about everything and anything.

Edited by Nemmar

As for the article... its ridiculous. People dont like the prices. Dont like? Dont buy! Nothing sends a message better in the cartel shop than to simply not buy an item. QQ in the forums is very hard to discern between trolling and legitimate concern, given people on these forums QQ about everything and anything.

It is about the simple fact, that Bioware is making mistake after mistake after mistake. The negativity does not come from out of nowhere. Sure it's the internet, but the amount of bad or simply terrible decisions that Bioware is making with this game is astounding.

Guess what ? I wanted two of my friends to try SWTOR, but as soon as they took a look at the F2P vs Preferred vs Sub comparison chart, they just said "screw that, I'm not even going to download this crap".

And don't even get me started about the bugs.

Edited by Rogoo

All mounts are now account wide for WoW, the ones from the store have always been that way. But the update before the Panda xpac they made all mounts account wide

Yeah, they actually made stuff in wow that could be bough for cash worth it. In SWTOR, you have to buy **** for ALL your characters.

Cash n grab folks.

I makes me sick to the stomach thinking about it...

Yeah, they actually made stuff in wow that could be bough for cash worth it. In SWTOR, you have to buy **** for ALL your characters.

Cash n grab folks.

I makes me sick to the stomach thinking about it...

I agree the mounts that you buy for coins shoul be unlocked account wide, the ones for packs should be for that toon

I stopped paying attention to GamebreakerTV a long time ago, when it became painfully obvious that they stopped playing the game and were basing their opinions off second-hand information; oftentimes incorrectly so. It is a one-sided, slanted show.

I stopped paying attention to GamebreakerTV a long time ago, when it became painfully obvious that they stopped playing the game and were basing their opinions off second-hand information; oftentimes incorrectly so. It is a one-sided, slanted show.

Only Gary does not play the game anymore. Justin and Larry are still playing and still paying a sub. But why would you know that ? You have stopped paying attention, yet you are basing your opinion off second-hand information.

Fail.

Edited by Rogoo

All mounts are now account wide for WoW, the ones from the store have always been that way. But the update before the Panda xpac they made all mounts account wide

yeah. i was merely pointing out that even WoW can put out ridiculous mounts for a high price. i actually agree with Gamebreaker..

The show usually has SWTOR columnist Larry Everett and Darth Hater’s Justin Lowe as guests, and they both play the game. I personally think the show is one of the fairest review mediums for the game on the net.

Even when they are harsh they do not condemn the game as I see it.

But to be fair you have a right to choose to patronize or not patronize any review site you see fit. And you do not have to justify your reasons naturally.

I just wanted to point out the actual players on the show and give my opinion.