Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Jugg Tank

sirullrich

I have an alt JUGG TANK and I hit over 100k protection pretty often and have gotten 190k protection at the most on my level 30+ jugg. I am atm full immortal and have not gotten over 150k dps. Am I just doing the dps wrong or is there no way to get respectable dps numbers as an immortal jugg. On 50 level juggs I see people hit 300k dps 200k protection. Is that hybrid or is that or full immortal spec?

Do you guys know what the hybrid spec is or where I can find it?

There are tons of them... check TORhead. 16/25/0, 16/0/25, 27/14/0, etc... hell.. play around with it yourself and there's a ton of options with jugs.

I recommend staying away from anythign to do with retaliation and stay away from things that are stance specific if it only applies to one stance.

The trees compliment each other quite well for jugs.

Tnx ugly

No problem... and as payment I demand you come back to Bastion and heal my face immediately. :D

Some pretty impressive healing for a lowbie sorc. I was looking forward to seeing ya hit 50. ;)

We're one of the only rated guilds on Bastion without guild drama so we'll be here if you come back. :cool: can't blame ya tho... I've been putting off rolling on POT5 even though I want to. It's so easy on a server when you have a couple 50's... starting fresh is frustrating.

Tnx ugly

Don't thank ugly.... He will get a big head; thinking he is actually useful around here...:D

Anyway here is what I been running:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/guardian#11jdk28-c-2d7e0ek

2 set PvP Vind heal bonus on Guardian Leap

2 set PvE Vind CD bonus on Combat Focus

I wear DPS gear, but stay in Soresu for the guard option and armor rating boost. I haven't tried WH tank gear with this build, but for now, I think its a pretty good from tank and DPS standpoint... I do like 250K/100K/50K in the average WZ that last the entire time(except HB). I could push higher numbers, if I was more concerned about 'em and not objectives.

Edited by L-RANDLE

No problem... and as payment I demand you come back to Bastion and heal my face immediately. :D

Some pretty impressive healing for a lowbie sorc. I was looking forward to seeing ya hit 50. ;)

We're one of the only rated guilds on Bastion without guild drama so we'll be here if you come back. :cool: can't blame ya tho... I've been putting off rolling on POT5 even though I want to. It's so easy on a server when you have a couple 50's... starting fresh is frustrating.

I'm always impressed with the healing on PoT5, that's why I'm always shocked to hear people on other servers complain that they never see them.

As to your OP Sith, I'd roll with an immortal/vengeance hybrid. The CC immunity on your leap is definitely a huge boost in the current bubble-stun heavy environment on our server. That being said, field respec will be your best friend.

I'm always impressed with the healing on PoT5, that's why I'm always shocked to hear people on other servers complain that they never see them.

As to your OP Sith, I'd roll with an immortal/vengeance hybrid. The CC immunity on your leap is definitely a huge boost in the current bubble-stun heavy environment on our server. That being said, field respec will be your best friend.

I have not tried healing at 50. I just have a merc and was meaning to take him heals; but I haven't gotten around to him yet.

I know in sub-50 where I have tried with the merc before and recently tried sawbones, it is so frustrating because people have to realize you are giving heals, but you get no peals, and they run around nodes so you can't even keep them up. Out of all the times I tried it, I only ever had one guard and it was from a Vanguard suspiciously named Tuxedo or along the lines, (Tux?) but I wasn't great. I'll admit that I bailed on it before even getting decent because I get so frustrated with healing in this game.

I have not tried healing at 50. I just have a merc and was meaning to take him heals; but I haven't gotten around to him yet.

I know in sub-50 where I have tried with the merc before and recently tried sawbones, it is so frustrating because people have to realize you are giving heals, but you get no peals, and they run around nodes so you can't even keep them up. Out of all the times I tried it, I only ever had one guard and it was from a Vanguard suspiciously named Tuxedo or along the lines, (Tux?) but I wasn't great. I'll admit that I bailed on it before even getting decent because I get so frustrated with healing in this game.

My main is sorc heals and its's just like that in pvp if you don't have a group. People won't guard because it's about numbers for most people in normal wz. But tbh mercs in PVP are just not that strong atm. Doesn't matter if it's dps or heals. You just gotta wait it out until they buff the mercs then try heals again to see if you like it.

Sub 50 PVP is all about sorcs for healing until high 30's+. You get static barrier early on and that alone can get you 100k healing in a warzone. Later on, operatives take over. Merc healing is underrated, but is still outshined by the other two classes in terms of what they bring to the table. You'd be fine in regular warzones, but probably not strong enough for ranked.

There are tons of them... check TORhead. 16/25/0, 16/0/25, 27/14/0, etc... hell.. play around with it yourself and there's a ton of options with jugs.

I recommend staying away from anythign to do with retaliation and stay away from things that are stance specific if it only applies to one stance.

The trees compliment each other quite well for jugs.

Staying away from retaliation isn't that good an idea, yes don't decrease it's focus cost but definatly take the 3% defence rating buff perk as defence rating is the only defensive stat that really applies to the majority of situations and you'll always have the ability to use retaliate because there is always somebody whacking on you with their basic attack.

That being said don't go full immortal tree, it gets lack luster near the top go a hybrid but before you go hybrid try to decide what you want to focus more on defence or tanky dps. I personally run about as pure a tank as you possibly can in warzones using tank gear (two vindicator set armourings for the 8% heal from guardian leap bonus only none tank stuff but the stats are identical to the tank gear on them) and run a 23/16/2 basically this build is all about controlling the area immediately around you which is great for helping out the healers. You go up to 23 to get your second stun and the 4% extra shield chance (people **** on shield for good reason but it has it's uses as I know for a fact two out of the 3 finisher moves are white damage not sure if the gunslingers is white damage aswell) but basically your shield will mitigate most of the damage incoming from the finisher moves that everybody will throw at you when you get to low health not to mention some of the best damage dealing classes use their basic attack a fair bit (PTs, and Maras) so you'll mitigate that aswell and also since you have the 3% retaliate buff having a high shield chance is good for getting it off. You go up to 16 in the middle tree to get the free force sweep so you can spam it whenever it comes off cooldown and all the other goodies in that tree up that point, you put the 2 points in the third tree fore extra force sweep damage and reduced cooldown. If/when the level cap goes up to 55 I'll change the tree up to 23/22/1 to get the buff to enraged defence and overall mitigation. I augment my gear with all mainstat/endurance augments so I hit a bit harder and have a higher chance of critting so it is harder for the other team to ignore me.

An average game damage wise I'll do about 120k but if I have a good healer keeping me up and being in the fight the whole game I've hit 250k before. Protection numbers always depend on how good the other team focuses my healers/if I have any healers but I rarely don't get my 50k medal in games without healers and games with healers I rarely get anything under 100k.

Just my two cents.

Staying away from retaliation isn't that good an idea, yes don't decrease it's focus cost but definatly take the 3% defence rating buff perk as defence rating is the only defensive stat that really applies to the majority of situations and you'll always have the ability to use retaliate because there is always somebody whacking on you with their basic attack.

That being said don't go full immortal tree, it gets lack luster near the top go a hybrid but before you go hybrid try to decide what you want to focus more on defence or tanky dps. I personally run about as pure a tank as you possibly can in warzones using tank gear (two vindicator set armourings for the 8% heal from guardian leap bonus only none tank stuff but the stats are identical to the tank gear on them) and run a 23/16/2 basically this build is all about controlling the area immediately around you which is great for helping out the healers. You go up to 23 to get your second stun and the 4% extra shield chance (people **** on shield for good reason but it has it's uses as I know for a fact two out of the 3 finisher moves are white damage not sure if the gunslingers is white damage aswell) but basically your shield will mitigate most of the damage incoming from the finisher moves that everybody will throw at you when you get to low health not to mention some of the best damage dealing classes use their basic attack a fair bit (PTs, and Maras) so you'll mitigate that aswell and also since you have the 3% retaliate buff having a high shield chance is good for getting it off. You go up to 16 in the middle tree to get the free force sweep so you can spam it whenever it comes off cooldown and all the other goodies in that tree up that point, you put the 2 points in the third tree fore extra force sweep damage and reduced cooldown. If/when the level cap goes up to 55 I'll change the tree up to 23/22/1 to get the buff to enraged defence and overall mitigation. I augment my gear with all mainstat/endurance augments so I hit a bit harder and have a higher chance of critting so it is harder for the other team to ignore me.

An average game damage wise I'll do about 120k but if I have a good healer keeping me up and being in the fight the whole game I've hit 250k before. Protection numbers always depend on how good the other team focuses my healers/if I have any healers but I rarely don't get my 50k medal in games without healers and games with healers I rarely get anything under 100k.

Just my two cents.

Tnx I will look into this also.

27/14 (what I use) or 16/25 immo/vengeance hybrids are the builds you seek. Wear DPS gear, my best match ever (full length voidstar) I think I did a measily 170k damage in full tank gear (mostly wh). I don't think the survivability is worth not being able to kill anyone lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.